getting front lower with easystreet kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getting front lower with easystreet kit
Saturday, August 23, 2008 4:40 PM
IS there anyway to make the car lower in front without moving the strut mounts? Do any of you guys have pictures of the front end laid out with your fenders off? I'de appreciate any insight and pictures

Re: getting front lower with easystreet kit
Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:22 AM
You can always do what Aaron did on his newer versions, grind the welds on the bottom mounting and move it up higher! If you're hitting now that won't do @!#$ for you though of course.

Tubs and that would be awesome IMO though!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:57 PM
you can tub the front pretty easy if you did what arron did on his struts this was my next idea for awhile i just need a new set of struts.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:29 PM
Anyone have a link to a thread that shows what Aaron did? lol

Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:51 PM
he hasnt posted pics yet but all you have to do is grind the welds off the lower mount raise it up and re weld it. its not welded all the way around so its not that big of a deal

Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:58 PM
I'm more interested to see pics of the front tubbed. My problem is the axles are only 1/4" away from hitting the main unibody. Cutting that wouldn't be a problem if it was done properly. How close are your axles yellow22?

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:39 PM
i dont know im not on air right now for the last couple months. my front struts took a @!#$ and i cant afford new ones right now. all you have to do is notch the frame. its super easy alot of the s10 and ranger guys have to do it for their tie rods

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:15 AM
i know when i use to have my old frt strut set up in the frt my axles were etheir touching the under side or about 1/4" away there were marks on my axle showing that it did touch some times.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:07 PM
yea i know thats why i said you have to NOTCH it for the axles. i have posted pics before of how close my axle gets thats why he asked

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:48 PM
i want to tub mine dont have the cash for it though

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:23 AM
Why do you need cash to tub it? I didnt spend anything

Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:17 PM
you dont really need cash to tub it you just need a peice of sheet metal a welder and a cutting tool. and have the knowledge and will to do it

Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:03 PM
true true. i guess i never really thought about it because i didnt know what all was involved besides welding and cutting. now that i think about it. i think the rear will interfere with the trunk setup i have right now

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search