goldline vs. sportline - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
goldline vs. sportline
Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:16 PM
well im redoing my suspension next spring and i already have tokico d-specs, control arm and trailing arm porthane bushings, and new 98 strut mounts. Now for last piece of the puzzle, which is the better buy in overall quality the goldines or the sportlines? they both offer basically the same drop but at slightly different prices, so im looking to get any input on them from people that have owned them, thanks in advance.

Re: goldline vs. sportline
Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:32 AM
I bought my goldlines because they were half the price of the sportlines. after 6 years or so, still goin good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:06 AM
i guess my real coneure was sag they haveny started sagging at all? and it seems with the sportlines you paying more just for the Eibach name
Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:06 AM
concern**
Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:58 PM
I've had the goldlines for a while now, bout them used and they don't sag at all.

and I for one like the ride quality.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:17 PM
Not trying to hijack your thread WildCard, but how do the Goldline springs ride? I heard Sportlines are stiff, are the Goldlines any softer?
Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:31 PM
its kool and i also heard the sportlines are stiff, i think it depends more upon the struts you have, but i could be wrong
Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:41 PM
i found them on neverenoughauto.com here
is there anywhere else that has them cheaper though?
Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:03 PM
goldlines are fairly stiff too...

and for what it's worth... ALL springs will sag over time. the metal will fatigue and they will sag.

i had goldlines on my sedan for 4 years and they worked great. just recently stepped up to teins.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:39 PM
Yea, that's about what you'll pay.

PS - The owner of Goldline was a former Eibach employee who left to make his own company.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:50 PM
ya i was looking around some more and found out thats a good price and i would've never guessed that always interesting to find these things out lol

Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:20 AM
I have owned both springs. I prefer the sportlines. I found that they had a better ride and handled alot better. I used both springs on Koni Reds.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search