kumho ecsta ast vs fuzion zri - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
kumho ecsta ast vs fuzion zri
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:13 PM
alright I am looking into getting new tires for my 18's I have 1 good fuzion zri 225-40-18 that has a screw in it. I was just thinking about buying 3 new matching tires. My other thought was getting 4 kumho ecsta ast tires. I for one would like a bead guard and not sure if the kumho has it. But main thing is what tire would be better to have? It's within $30 of the 3 fuzions or the 4 kumhos. Just tell me what you think and your experiences with the tires if you have any with either.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: kumho ecsta ast vs fuzion zri
Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:23 AM
I went from zri to the ecsta ast. I had the zri on my 15's and they are a really hard tire and the wear on them was pretty good. I also used them over the winter and for a summer tire, they didnt do too bad. Now i have the kuhmos on my 18's and so far i like them. The road noise is a little more excessive then i would like but its a really grippy tire. They have some pretty hard side walls, so cornering with them is pretty fun. I plan on running my 18's and the tires at an autocross to see how they handle the abuse.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:42 PM
My buddy has had the AST's on his 17s on his Tibby. Hey ends up replacing them quite often because of bubbles in the sidewalls due to potholes. Now I know potholes are never good for rims and tires but it just seems to happen a lot more to his tires then it ever did mine. Thats really all I know about the tires, I asked him if he would rec. them for you today (not that his opinion should be your basis) but he said if he didnt life in pothole hell he would buy them again.

My take on it is 4 new tires > 3 new plus one repaired. Thats just me though.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:53 PM
my buddy has 17" ast's on his grand am GT...he had fuzions but switched...the ast's wear at half the rate and grip much better

Monday, April 27, 2009 8:47 AM
I have actually just purchased the Kumho AST's with my new wheels and I love them so far! Although I went from the stock Goodyears on the stock wheels to new wheels with the AST's... obviously there will be a difference in ride, but they have great grip even on wet roads. They have a pretty good rating on tirerack.com for the price - mostly the reason I purchased them (and I think they under-rate the wet road grippyness, as fas as I can tell ) =) Haven't wailed any pot holes, but just try to avoid them, which these tires keep me confident with quick manuvering!

Showin' the little boys in they' little Honda toys how we real American Girls play
Sunday, May 10, 2009 5:12 PM
Just got ZRi's put on and I @!#$ love them. Plus the test results on tire rack prove that the ZRi's...as far as wet and dry performance, are a better tire.

Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:34 PM
I have AST's on my 18's and they are good tires

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search