STS Headlight swap - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
STS Headlight swap
Friday, December 31, 2010 5:44 AM
Will the projector headlight assembly from newer cadillac sts's (98 - 01) fit on the older models (93 - 96)?

Re: STS Headlight swap
Friday, December 31, 2010 6:13 AM
You have to make an adapter for the headlight fluid reservoir, because the one on the newer sts has a laser 7 output.

Friday, December 31, 2010 7:05 AM
^ this, and there may also be an issue with the blinker fluid resevoir because they are bigger on the older ones..

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Friday, December 31, 2010 8:03 AM
Don't listen to these @!#$ idiots, as they obviously don't know what they are talking about. The headlight and blinker fluid reservoirs are the exact same size on the old ones as they are are on the new ones...

Friday, December 31, 2010 10:45 AM
theyre all retarded, ive built dozens of sets of projector headlights and i can tell you the newer ones use dot14 fluid with the small resivours, and youll have to remove the whole radiator support to fit these in, plus youll have to have a seperate 12v battery to power the lights. its best to put the second battery in your fender. save your self some time and buy some off ebay to fit your car, all the ones on ebay are top quality and very bright\ with 2 year warranties.

Friday, December 31, 2010 10:50 AM
But didn't they change reservoirs sizes mid year on one of those STS's? to make room for the HID's with the Lazer 7's. He could just hit up his local Cadillac dealer parts counter and find out if the older ones are compatible with the non-lazer 7 housings.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, December 31, 2010 10:53 AM
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:theyre all retarded, ive built dozens of sets of projector headlights and i can tell you the newer ones use dot14 fluid with the small resivours, and youll have to remove the whole radiator support to fit these in, plus youll have to have a seperate 12v battery to power the lights. its best to put the second battery in your fender. save your self some time and buy some off ebay to fit your car, all the ones on ebay are top quality and very bright\ with 2 year warranties.

I read somewhere that each light requires its own power supply. Plus a battery in each fender will help with weight balance and keep the front wheels planted (due to the extra weight).

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Friday, December 31, 2010 12:29 PM
Alex T wrote:Will the projector headlight assembly from newer cadillac sts's (98 - 01) fit on the older models (93 - 96)?

I don't see why they wouldn't aside from minor design changes they made(one peice headlight/turnsignal assemly from '98-2003) just be sure to get all the wiring for the headlights from the donor car or junkyard.

Friday, December 31, 2010 12:39 PM
FWIW, yes and no. A front clip swap is in order.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:26 AM

This thread is gold

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:09 PM
Chelotus Cav wrote:
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:theyre all retarded, ive built dozens of sets of projector headlights and i can tell you the newer ones use dot14 fluid with the small resivours, and youll have to remove the whole radiator support to fit these in, plus youll have to have a seperate 12v battery to power the lights. its best to put the second battery in your fender. save your self some time and buy some off ebay to fit your car, all the ones on ebay are top quality and very bright\ with 2 year warranties.

I read somewhere that each light requires its own power supply. Plus a battery in each fender will help with weight balance and keep the front wheels planted (due to the extra weight).
my bad i forgot that part, youre right im handicapped

Friday, January 21, 2011 3:50 PM
Ya u are I just give up if I was you because your stupid lol
Friday, January 21, 2011 10:51 PM
kid4play wrote:Ya u are I just give up if I was you because your stupid lol
we were being sarcastic you douche nozzle

Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:37 PM
what i was being srs?

Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:48 PM
kid4play wrote:Ya u are I just give up if I was you because your stupid lol

here we go again...

Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:57 PM
^lolz!, i think he done posting about me, replying to my posts, and reading my MANY ranting post i send him every day when i want a cheap laugh.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:20 PM
IBTL lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search