Huge scratch - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Huge scratch
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:07 PM
Well, some bastrd scratched the sh-- out of my car. I went lunch today and when I came back out to my car I had a 3 foot long 1/4 inch wide scratch right down the middle of my drivers side. It's scratched all the way thorugh the paint. I'm not too worried about it cause eventually the car will be painted, but it still pisses me off. Just wanted to rant for a minute.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Re: Huge scratch
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:13 PM
Damn dude - that sucks.

I hate to park my car anywhere but my driveway.

The world is very bad for our cars. Too many hazards.

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:27 PM
yeah, man, I couldn't believe it. It sticks out so bad. It's a big ass white scratch, on a black car. I'm always carefulnot to park in spots where there's not a lot of room on either side. I mean I don't even touch my paint, ever. Fingerprints piss me off, but this.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:00 PM
Hey scrawny when are you thinking of painting your car
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:05 AM
Unless you're planning on painting the car in a week or so, go out and get yourself some touch-up paint and fill it in. It won't look great, but you need to fill it to prevent it from rusting.

Monday, March 14, 2005 3:43 PM
John Salgueiro wrote:Hey scrawny when are you thinking of painting your car

It's gonna be at least 6 months.

Wild Weasel wrote:Unless you're planning on painting the car in a week or so, go out and get yourself some touch-up paint and fill it in. It won't look great, but you need to fill it to prevent it from rusting.

Yeah man I'm gonna go pick up some touch-up paint tonight, I live in Kansas, so rust is a big problem and I DO NOT wanna have to do more body work than nescessary.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:57 PM
i have a lil rust spot that just popped out cuz i think my paint chiped should i go and buy some of this touch up paint, is so where can i buy it autozone?

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:05 PM
Blackout wrote:i have a lil rust spot that just popped out cuz i think my paint chiped should i go and buy some of this touch up paint, is so where can i buy it autozone?

Yeah autozone should have it. Your gonna need to sand down the rust first though. I wouldn't try paintin over it.

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:10 PM
how do i sand it down without taking any paint off the door? its just a lil part of the car about an in long at the most?

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:14 PM
that happen to me too.. 4 days after I got my car tinted.. I go to lunch and come back to my car nothing but right when I get off from work my whole car was srcached but the drivers door and the drivers front fender.. it pissed me off..

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:19 PM
Blackout wrote:how do i sand it down without taking any paint off the door? its just a lil part of the car about an in long at the most?

I dunno man, my buddy's gonna help me do mine so it looks right, I know nothing at all about painting a car.

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search