Sub Upgrade - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sub Upgrade
Friday, July 22, 2005 2:34 PM
Looking for some new subs...right now I have 2 12" MTX ($149.99 at REX), a Pioneer Headunit (Last years best model - Can't think), and a 720 Watt 4-Channel AMP. The base is good, but not real crisp.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Re: Sub Upgrade
Friday, July 22, 2005 2:50 PM
What is it you are looking to get out of your system? SPL, SQ? How much money are you looking to spend, are you still going to use that same amp, how much space are you willing to give up, are you looking to stay in the trunk or build a wall?

All many questions that must be answered before we can begin to help you.

Mike Roth
The system has arrived.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:57 PM
I am looking for both, but would take SPL over quality. I was hoping to spend around $500 max on the subs and maybe use the same amp, but would replace if needed. Just need enough space for a duffle bag, but I was looking to build a wall anyway. Don't want the back seat anyway...gives me a reason to tell people to walk. lol

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:22 PM
I've considered it, but then again I'm the only one in the house with a car so I cant take out the back seat (there's 5 of us and its a 4-seater )

I'm considering however buying 2 10" subs and placing them right behind the rear seats (physically up against the foam) so the rear passengers get a "massage" to the music
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:23 PM
*this forum needs an edit button*

EDIT: The 10" subs would be square-shaped kickers
Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:40 PM
Cavi in KC...Do you have any suggestions for me?

Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:42 AM
Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:I've considered it, but then again I'm the only one in the house with a car so I cant take out the back seat (there's 5 of us and its a 4-seater )

I'm considering however buying 2 10" subs and placing them right behind the rear seats (physically up against the foam) so the rear passengers get a "massage" to the music

that wouldnt ruin a sub faster than pushing it into extreme distortion

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search