RKSport A$$hattery - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:26 PM
WELL.........

I bought the RKSport coilovers and they came to my house when I was away at college, so I came back to to put them on over spring break. I inspected them and it looked fine, but it didn't inculde an item list, so i wasnt sure. Anyway, I took off the struts and took them to my friends dads bodyshop so he could help me put them on. After i got the back done, i started on the front, thats when i realized i didnt have the aluminum hats for the front. So i called up RKSport and the guy talked to his manager and said they would send them UPS ground for free, and theyd be there on friday or monday, this was on tuesday. I said that was unacceptable and asked to speak with his manger. I spoke with the manager and he said that he didnt know why i would just accept that, and i said i had an immobile car and was being charged for shop space overnight since it cant move(it really wasn't, but it could have been lol). I wanted them overnighted for free. he refused and told me that it was my fault for not checking for the pieces within 30 days(it had been like 45), i told him i was away and that there wasnt even an item list enclosed anyway, and that the time frame didnt matter and it was still his companies fault for not including them, then he sarcastically replied that if time wasnt an issue then why cant i wait for the pieces. I replied BECAUSE IM BEING CHARGED $ AND HAVE NO CAR. i argued with him for honestly 30 mins and then i asked to speak to his manger and he said he was the CEO and he was highest, so RKSport must not be a very big company if the CEO handles complaints, but anyway, he then tried to say it was my mechanics fault to start something without knowing if all the pieces were there, so i told him he was essentially saying his company was incompetent and couldnt be trusted. He got all pissy that i said they were incompetent. I told him it was a big problem for me and not that big of a deal for him, that it wont affect RKSport to overnight them to me because it was cheap for them to do it compared to what im losing on waiting for them. He was a total jerk and kept saying it was my fault or my mechanic or someone elses but his or his companies. He kept saying "im sending them for free with shipping free, why isnt that enough" LMAO Oh thank you so much for sending me what i paid for already and the shipping as well! Free? no i already paid for it. He then implied that it was suspicous that i wanted them. I asked him if he thought i was trying to hamstring him, i said honestly, why would i want these two pieces extra? or do you think i just happened to lose two of the exact same piece? and if i was, why would i want them immediately? After about 40 minutes on the phone arguing i finally got him to give in and send them overnight for free, which he did, and i finished them the next day.

They are great coilovers, great quality, but i guess they dont specialize in customer service, in my one time ordereing from them i had a bad experince but it turned out ok. Just letting you guys know. im not making any judgements, but i'd be hard pressed to order from them again......




Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:38 PM
you claim to not be making any judgements, yet in your entire rant, you keep saying how they have been arguing with you, have bad customer service, and they gave you a run around for your part. ok.

im willing to bet that you weren't the most cooperative person to deal with over the phone either. besides, you got your part the next day, just cause you had a bad experience on the phone doesn't mean they are a bad company.




Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:48 PM
Yeah, no offense but it seems alot of that is your fault really....I mean their still helping and all, theyre not going out on a limb for EVERYONE.



Anti-Forums | ClubCav Mod | Local Forum
Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:47 PM
RK Sport sucks. Never order from them. Its cheaper to order through Karo anyways (he doesn't jack you for shipping).


Josh
SLK 32



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:48 PM
That does not sound bad at all.
-Bad customer service is ordering a FMU and waiting 2-3 months to get it, only getting it after starting a paypal dispute (not listing name here) but that company only makes turbo flanges now.

-Bad customer service is ordering misc parts and paying for overnight delivery and not recieving it for 3+ weeks. I got my money back, thank GOD I payed by credit card. speedpeople.com

I think your post makes RK sport sond pretty good, I would have no problem ordering from them if they treated me the same as you get treated. At least you got your stuff.


My sig....
Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:04 PM
funny thing is , i work a company , and if you want the parts o/n

YOU gotta pay the difference between ground shipping and the actual o/n charge

and so you know rk does read over the fourm here

and being dishonest , and telling your getting charged for your car sitting isnt cool







Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:10 PM
97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™) wrote:

and being dishonest , and telling your getting charged for your car sitting isnt cool


agreed.




Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:11 PM
whatever, id say good customer service is doing whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, being unreasonable and losing your professional composure should not be expected from a respectable company. i guess youd have to be their to understand but , missing parts, not to competent .....



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:24 PM
Lying to get your parts faster, even though they were wrong in the first part, doesn't make you any better than they are.

You paid for ground shipping on your parts, they were willing to ground ship you the ones that were missing for free, seems pretty equal to me, and the fact that they did it after the 45 day mark was even better on thier part. So then you forced them into shipping them overnight, which, even with the bitching on thier part, was above and beyond 95% of the other companies out there would do.

But then, after they did more than they should have to make you happy in the end, you come on here and complain about them in one of thier largest business segments? Customers like you are why J-Body businesses don't stay in the J-body market for long.

Sorry to say it, but somebody had to.





4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:25 PM
As a customer being honest to the company also goes along way. Being dishonest with customer service is the very reason why alot of companies refuse to go out of the way for customers anymore simply because some people like to abuse the privledge. Also RK brought up a good point. A good mechanic would have notified you parts were missing. How is one not to know the mechanic misplaced it and was looking for a scapegoat. Now I am not saying he did but that was simply just an example. As a business major yes I do feel that a company must strive to satisfy their customer.

Gaining a customer and keeping them for future transactions is key to a successful company. But things do happen, it could have been a packaging mishap, something RK Sport should address but does not necessarily make them a bad company. I don't agree with their prices but thats another manner not meant for here. On the other hand as a customer you have a duty as well and thats honesty. Companies look for customer feedback in ways of improving business operations, so I have to ask when being dishonest how does that benefit you or anyone else? Yes they didn't send a part, but they were working with you to fix it, but yet you deceitfully tell them something you know is not true? Sorry but that sends the wrong message to a company and is the exact reason why there are so many policies for exchanging parts, refunding parts, etc. People constantly make these false claims and in the end hurt everyone for a very minimal gain.

It does suck that you had to wait for something that should have been there, but unfortunately things to happen sometimes. As a company they work to fix any errors and build on preventing future ones. As a customer you should provide the same ethical behavior when dealing with a company. It makes for a smoother process on both ends.



Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:34 PM
i deal with people all the time on the phone , customer service is my job


and your post come off as you being alot more unreasonable then rk


alot of us here , already know rk can be ??able alot of the times


but if you come off like a real ass on the phone , you end up getting treated like one


so remember it , learn it , live it and move on








Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:38 PM
I take both sides of this story. I would put more blame on RK for not putting a reciept in the package with the proposed contents. That would have fixed the problem, yes?

It's great that they did that for you, I am still fighting with Mantapart on a jacked up stage iii clutched I bought in November. I have waited patiently for 3.5-4 months now and they keep jerking me around. I have over probably $1200 in throw out bearings and a clutch master cylinder that I never should have bought because there part was for a different clutch or was completly jacked.

At least they helped....


Josh
SLK 32



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:54 PM
Brandon Kidwell wrote:

whatever, id say good customer service is doing whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, being unreasonable and losing your professional composure should not be expected from a respectable company. i guess youd have to be their to understand but , missing parts, not to competent .....


they offered you a solution to the problem. ship your stuff out FOR FREE. but you weren't satisfied with that, despite the fact that you knew full well that your car could sit there at not cost to you. no, you lied about it and demanded better service than the already top knotch service they were giving you. after 45 minutes on the phone with a customer like you, i can't imagine too many businessmen who would keep their professional composure.




Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:59 PM
I gotta back this dude in the sense i've heard of that top piece being missing when sent out. I can't say agree on his tactic though.







Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:04 AM
I will honestly say the parts should have been overnighted. I firmly believe in that. RKSport should use a better QA system if parts come up missing. If I pay for a product and have it shipped and find out that there are parts missing I would expect a company to ship overnight for free as well. It was their screw up (NOTE: I am looking at this from a business standpoint working in the IT world).

Also, what if this vehicle was his means for transportation to and from work and has to incur lost wages due to missing parts that a simple QA would have caught? I would be a little upset as well.

Granted they could have said "piss off, we sent you the parts" and they didn't. So it's a positiive thing.

Like I stated though, there should be a parts list included within the package to illustrate what all was purchased and shipped. It's simple logistics really.....


Josh
SLK 32



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:27 AM
Cannon, chill out man, dont take this personally, jesus.

For free? NO, i already paid for those pieces and the shipping on them, and i didnt get them sooooo they owed me. so they made up for that by shipping them no charge. Then the time and trouble of me having to deal with that hassle is made up for by overnighting the pieces.

I was EVENTUALLY delt with the right way. They did what needed to be done, BUT I shouldn't have had to argue about whos fault its was. It boils down to one simple fact. THEY did NOT give me what i PAYED for originally soooooo It is their RESPONSIBILITY to rectify the situation timely. If the "CEO" hadnt argued with me then i would be satisfied but still a little weary of the mistake they made. But i had to argue for 45 minutes about this sh!t to get what was wrong, right again.

My mechanic should have checked? NO. The company should be competent enough to include the required pieces. Plus their was no item list.

You can go ahead and tell me im a retard or whatever, which is half the reason i never post on this board because you people are so negative and high and mighty, but it all boils down to the fact that they didnt include crucial parts for the kit. = problem.

so as i said before, i had a problem with RKSport, you may not, you may choose to deal with them, im just telling people what happened to me.

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, I DONT CARE TO GET INTO AN E-HARDASS MATCH, SORRY IF I ALREADY OFFENDED YOU.



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:41 AM
I think RK sounded quite reasonable through the thing....I woulda waited 3 freakin days for parts...hell, I park in the street, so its free garage time as far as Im concerned

Also, you did make yourself sound like at least a little bit of an ass when talkin to 'em...



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:11 AM
Brandon Kidwell wrote:

Cannon, chill out man, dont take this personally, jesus.


He isn't. He is pointing out how you got what you wanted and still came on here to complain.

Brandon Kidwell wrote:

For free? NO, i already paid for those pieces and the shipping on them, and i didnt get them sooooo they owed me. so they made up for that by shipping them no charge. Then the time and trouble of me having to deal with that hassle is made up for by overnighting the pieces.


The parts should have been included, yes. A parts list should have been included, yes. Someone who knew what they were installing would have known parts were missing.

Brandon Kidwell wrote:

I was EVENTUALLY delt with the right way. They did what needed to be done, BUT I shouldn't have had to argue about whos fault its was. It boils down to one simple fact. THEY did NOT give me what i PAYED for originally soooooo It is their RESPONSIBILITY to rectify the situation timely. If the "CEO" hadnt argued with me then i would be satisfied but still a little weary of the mistake they made. But i had to argue for 45 minutes about this sh!t to get what was wrong, right again.

My mechanic should have checked? NO. The company should be competent enough to include the required pieces. Plus their was no item list.


Dude, they did more than they should have. Their correct responsibility was to ship the missing parts for free the same way the rest of the kit was shipped... GROUND. And I'm sure you just tried to lay into them which is why they pointed out that the installer should have been sure the parts were there prior to install. Gee, seems like common sense to me...

Brandon Kidwell wrote:

You can go ahead and tell me im a retard or whatever, which is half the reason i never post on this board because you people are so negative and high and mighty, but it all boils down to the fact that they didnt include crucial parts for the kit. = problem.

so as i said before, i had a problem with RKSport, you may not, you may choose to deal with them, im just telling people what happened to me.

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, I DONT CARE TO GET INTO AN E-HARDASS MATCH, SORRY IF I ALREADY OFFENDED YOU.


I didn't really see anyone calling names, I might have missed it... The point here is that you didn't doublecheck all the parts were there. YOUR FAULT. RKSport didn't send a parts list. THEIR FAULT. You called about the missing parts, RK offers to ship them at no cost. You procede to lie to them to get more than what you deserve. Then, after getting what you want "after arguing with unprofessional management", you procede to get on here and talk down about the company.

Thanks for making your situation public and making it tougher for the rest of us to work with companies to work out problems... Everytime a situation comes up, if they think they'll get badmouthed anyway, they won't try to fix the issue...




Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:49 AM
i dont give a crap if i have my car all torn apart and i cant get it back together due to a company fuking up, i want the problem fixed asap, meaning get the part you forgot to send me ASAP, i dont care if it costs you 50 bux delivery, you fix what you messed up, i dont care if my car is sittin for free or im payin storage fee's you messed up, now you fix it, having a car out of service for 3-5 days is totally unacceptable,
and yea seem's like cannon got somethin twisted in his pants, i dunno whats up with that.....



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:21 AM
Brandon Kidwell wrote:

and i said i had an immobile car and was being charged for shop space overnight since it cant move(it really wasn't, but it could have been lol)


Isn't there an RkSport rep what posts on jbo? This might have not been the
smartest thing to post here, but good luck with all that.





Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:44 AM
I think RK was being reasonable, but could have overnighted it had you been polite and explained the situation you were in. Though that's an opinion gathered from just this post, and not the actual conversation.

Try owning the RK Sport Type-J then having them not be able to send you a 2"x6" piece of mesh for it without charging you for the whole mesh kit.






Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:44 AM
Lying wasn't the best way to go about getting your products. I mean sure, you wanted your products fast (they were owed to you) and they were willing to get those products to you as soon as they could (before you basically strong-armed them into overnight delivery) but the way you did it just wasn't the right way. I think you actually made RK Sport (whether they have faults or not) look better than most letters of endorsement could just because of your attitude. I also work in Customer Service (Medical Insurance) and I get similar customers all the time on the phone. After 30 minutes of dealing with a phone call like that...just makes a person want to say "F-it, I quit." I've been there, and will continue doing that. Customer Service is a two way street, if you are respectful to the business, the business will be respectful to us. Sometimes I think people have the notion that just because they generate a vast majority of a business' income that they can treat the business anyway they want and get away with it. That just isn't acceptable and some people will not tolerate it. When a customer is nice, respectable and talks to me with some intelligence on the phone, there is no telling how far I will go in my quest to rectify their situation to the best of the ability I have. Now when a customer is beligerant, rude, obnoxious and disrespectful, I will do just the opposite (even hanging up on them if necessary) because if a person is going to be that way on the phone to a business, why should the business go out of their way to accomodate a customer who obviously wouldn't appreciate it.

I'm not saying that's you, just my opinion and experience of what I see everyday.

Personally, I think you got better customer service than what was warranted.
Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:02 AM
IMO, RK thinks they are "too large" to really give a damn about their customers anymore.
For one person that will not buy from them again, there are prolly 3 or 4 more that are waiting in line to replace him. That's the way business works. They don't need that one customer to be happy, cuz there are always more to come along.
RK's stuff is rediculously expensive compared to the other companies I've seen, regardless of how "good the fitment is". That is one reason I won't buy from RK. They aren't the best on the market. Among the best, possibly, but not THE best, but they charge prices you would expect to pay for the best.
I side with you my friend, cuz I have been customer service manager before for years, and I know what can and can't be done to keep the customer happy. Regardless of whether the company gives customers the shaft (ahem...Verizon Wireless) or not.
Big business doesn't care about one or two customers. That's why I'll buy from the little guy 9 times out of 10.

Tabasco Racing.....
A Plus......
WInks.....
ETC!!!!!!!!!

Not to purposely leave anyone out, just didn't feel like typing a hundred names.



Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:03 AM
have you ever worked in retail before? just curious....



Want a spoiler like mine? I know a seller. Email me.
Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:14 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:

have you ever worked in retail before? just curious....


Where you talking to me? If so, the answer is yes.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search