Sunfire or Cavalier for the next car? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sunfire or Cavalier for the next car?
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info, Shawn. How does the Cobalt handle in terms of power and handling compared to the Cavalier/Sunfire? Just peaked my interest here. I'd imagine they are pretty equal as far as all that stuff goes unless of course we're talking about the Cobalt SS then that's not too fair of a comparison.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:44 PM
You're welcome

I'd say the Cobalt seems a tad bit slower than the Cavalier (even though they probably have similar horsepower ratings), but the ride is really good for a small car (probably better than the Cavalier, and even the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT it replaced). Handling is comparable to the Cavalier -- haven't driven a Sunfire before.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:54 PM
I was really upside down on the Malibu before trading it for the Cobalt, but I was able to obtain my own financing prior to visiting the dealership. The Cavalier & Sunfire are good choices if price is your main concern, but I personally think the Cobalt is worth the extra money, and your insurance may go down enough to offset the increase costs (or even save you money, like it did with me. I like them both a lot though, and I will say that driving three or four 2003-2005 Cavalier rentals over the last few months played a part in my decision to get a Cobalt.
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:17 AM
the cobalt is not a J-body

i say 00-02 cavalier

Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:23 PM
I'm still looking at a black '99 Z-24 for $6,000 with 51,000 miles on it. The car looks like it is in great shape, how it drives yet and such I have no clue yet - I haven't seen it or been in it in person to tell, would be a fun / cool car to mod. I'm still obviously very undecided what I want to do. I'd like to mod one and use that as a new hobby plus I could join my Uncle at the local drag strip and compete against his 91 Camaro Z-28 (LT1 Packaged) once I put some work in on it. No street racing for me, keeping it simply legal since I value my life and limbs way to much. Plus it'd be great to get a car paid off quick and then have all that extra payment coin to put into modding, hehe. We'll have to see! But thanks for all the great responses, I really do appreciate and sorry for such a newbiesh question - what was I smoking that day anyway? Hmmm...
Friday, March 25, 2005 12:50 AM
i want rid of my 02 fire....someone buy it....i want what i owe which is like $7500. ecotec, 36k, sun n sound, 5 speed, eibach springs pro-kit, rksport intake, tinted windows, black coupe. thought i would take this opportunity and try throw that in on the conversation. i want a cobalt.

jldog7@hotmail.com
oil city, pennsylvania
Friday, March 25, 2005 1:13 PM
i would definitly get a cavy they look so much better....

"if you ever get lost in the woods, build a house"
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:49 PM
The cobalt isn't really a J-body. It replaces the cavilier, and uses a 2.2L ecotec in the base, but then so do teh base aleros i think, as well as grand am's and malibu's maybe. as for pontiac, the G6 isn't at all a j-body, its the new grand am i think. In canada we get the pursuit to replace the sunfire, as well as the cobalt, which is the same.

That cop took the whole thing way out of context. I mean, I was only going 145 Km/h in that
80 km/h zone because I was drunk and I wanted to get off the roads.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:45 PM
99 with 50k Miles is pretty low miles

J body still suck balls from teh back. B
But if you need to spend only a set amount.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:21 PM
get a Sunfire over a Cav!!! cav's ugly

or else get a 97 mazda mx-6 v6 like i want!!!

Monday, April 04, 2005 5:58 PM
I love my 2004 Sunfire GT even more now that i have my supercharger.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:12 PM
Well i just bought this 2001 with only 32,000 on her

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:32 PM
Hey BRAXAS......i own a 99 cavalier Z24 auto but with an autotrans interceptor it would drive like a manual. only like 150$ for the autotrans. with only 53000 miles....ill sell it to you for 6000 with the intake, and full system. Has new Sumitoma Srixon tires.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search