More bad news from GM - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: More bad news from GM
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:32 AM
NfamousZ24 wrote:GM TV click on the Drivetime 4/21 on the left side

Also Click on Drive Time 4/20 actually there is a crap load of Videos other than Drivetime. I check this site out at least once a week.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:35 AM
my labor relations class has been keeping an eye on this for some time and GM's contract is up for negotiation and they are revamping the benefits to employee co-pay instead og GM paying 100% of fees for employees, they are taking major steps to fix the contract because that is one of the biggest things that is hurting them along with lower sales.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 24, 2005 2:34 AM
I still beleive they need to work on cutting back their market share and reducing their volume. I know healthcare for employee's is a big issue but it is in every big corperation not just the car industry..We go thruogh that every year where I work and its the same with the Fuel prices too i t doesn't just effect the Car industry I mean I work in a glass factory and these are major factors as well.. But I don't think that re-organizing there health policy is going to increase their North American auto sales.. It might save them money .. however People are looking for cheaper better built cars and trucks and thats the bottom line.. so if they really want to get back on top of things they really need to focus on upper level managment (new Thinking) and better quality vehicles while saving the customer money and not flooding the market with so many name plates...

But thats just my .02 cents worth...

Sunday, April 24, 2005 3:35 PM
>> I still beleive they need to work on cutting back their market share and reducing their volume. I know healthcare for employee's is a big issue but it is in every big corperation not just the car industry..

Uhh, go research the crazy agreement that GM has with the UAW for heatlcare... what you said is completely false. GM spends more on heatlhcare than ANY company I can think of. But, that is GMs fault for making such an agreement.

>> But I don't think that re-organizing there health policy is going to increase their North American auto sales.. It might save them money ..

Could save them billions... their heatlcare costs are out of control.

>> so if they really want to get back on top of things they really need to focus on upper level managment (new Thinking) and better quality vehicles while saving the customer money and not flooding the market with so many name plates...

On all those accounts, I agree.

~ 98 Cavalier
Monday, April 25, 2005 2:13 AM
Oh.. I have no doubt that its insane what they pay in Health benifits.. I have honestly never reseacrched it.. But i would say your right.. And yes it is their fualt for signing an agreement like that... I just hope when they re-work their policy they use the billions that they save wisely..

Monday, April 25, 2005 6:24 AM
Right now $1,500 per vehicle goes towards health coverage.

I wouldn't mind if they would set up Medical Savings Accounts for us. I hardly ever go to the doctors and I see a crap load of CO Workers use and abuse their Health Coverage.

Monday, April 25, 2005 1:14 PM
>>Could save them billions... their heatlcare costs are out of control<<

Fiscal 2005 expenditures will be between 4 and 5 Billion U.S. dollars.

Regards.
Monday, April 25, 2005 1:26 PM
Maybe they could somehow split all their companies up or something and salvage some of them. I dunno how that would work though

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:08 AM

Quote:

I see a crap load of CO Workers use and abuse their Health Coverage.

Thats what sucks about it.. There is always a few who abuse the system and then the ones of us who hardley use it get stuck paying the price for it..

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:35 AM
Derek724 wrote:Maybe they could somehow split all their companies up or something and salvage some of them. I dunno how that would work though

That right their is what we are trying to Avoid. Moving to Junk Bond status and such. We are worried that big investors will get together and buy up GM and dismantel it.

That is something we don't want.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:03 AM
Mfk-223 wrote:They did act like @ hole. In quebec, we only have like 4 Cobalt SS. How do you expect someont to buy them if they can't drive them? I would have took one but they don't want to ship any to quebec so it's plain stupid.

Btw, they can say everything they want, Gm has so many corporation that he has to loose alot before going down. If you take a real look at the engine world, 75% of the engine are from Gm corporation. Almost every engine from the Canadian army is from Gm, all the tranny and every thing else. They just did the worst move by removing the best selling car in Canada( the cavy and the sunfire).

hehe got to see 1 at my dealership and it was already sold to a salesperson...

But it was nice that red with interior also... loved the wing on it. Looks better in person then on pics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums

Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:02 AM
GM could pull right out of it. Simple
Number 1thing to do. Mr. GM you had better not destroy your Cavalier tooling.
All ya got to do is make it a rear wheel drive car and offer a V-8, and a diesel for the economy wise person. 1st the Camero, now the Cavalier which they admitt is a top selling car. I personally went out to buy one last weekend. But GM doesn't want the sale. They most likely will never get my business again. Unless they design something that looks good. Put a Cav next to a Cobalt wich one looks bettter??????
Yeah bye bye GM you used to make some good stuff. Since your power train is the best, maybe honda and the rest will use them.
Friday, June 03, 2005 6:21 PM
I was never really a GM person until just recently. I started working at a company that sells only import cars, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Acura, and soon NIssan. Thats what made me like the GM cars. In the winter time, Mazda's will never start below -15, Honda's not much better, and Toyota's, if they do start, sit there idling around 2300 RPM. GM and Hyundai are the ones that start. Honda's and Acura's don't appeal to me at all, except the TSX. ANd I do like GM's styling.

That being said, they do definately have problems. None of the 4cyl cars ar at all efficient. My cavalier was rated at 47MPG, which is near the top. It never gets that.

As for my next car, I like the cobalt, but nothing really appeals to me. Anything Chrysler has gone to complete crap. From what I have seen the new Acura CSX will probably be in contension for my purchase. Ford is Ford, not buying one of those rattle traps. Maybe I'l just keep my cav for a long time.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search