05 RKSport catalog - disappointed - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 05 RKSport catalog - disappointed
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:38 PM
Destiny Harley wrote:
Quote:

My car is a virtual museum of their greatest work

^^^^^^^ In other words I spent way to much money for stuff I could get else where for cheaper!!!!!!!!

Say what you want... my car is just about an RK Sport showcase and I challenge you to find other manufacturers making the parts for cheaper.

RK has some of the best quality parts in the market for our cars. That doesn't come cheap.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:18 PM
if I was rich I'd shop more at RK sport but man. I've seen some of the headers and exausts they have available for lesser prices elswheres. Now I admit I've picked up a few things from RK and am happy with them, and it's true as much as we hate it the cavalier is discontinued.....

think of it.. in 40 years they'll be collectors items! >.>

but eh... yeah I'm not impressed with the 05 catalog but I like flipping through it and dreaming about some of that stuff.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:28 PM
Inari Fennec wrote:if I was rich I'd shop more at RK sport but man. I've seen some of the headers and exausts they have available for lesser prices elswheres.

In most cases, buying directly from RK Sport is stupid. What kind of company would they be if they undercut their own distributers on pricing??

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:56 PM
Quote:

Well, go back and read what you all are saying in this post. Would you want to make new products for somebody who bitched and moaned like that? I was very impressed with the catalog. I think they did a very smart thing by offering products for all the other vehicles.

I agree..I honestly think even if the Cav was still in production they wouldve made that move.
The market for Cavaliers died. Because the most J owners complained too much about the companies who focused on us. We wanted qaulity but didnt want to pay for it.Yeah the line has ended but so did the Camaro and Firebird...but theyre still making parts for it..think.

And think about it the J-community might be mad about the move but do you think RK sport is really going to suffer? Honestly.

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:17 PM
Ian Lacey wrote:You want something new, go to Gravana...

Or anything from RK Sport for that matter.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:29 PM
One thing I dislike is the CANDY !!!! UHHHH ! Other than that I liked it!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:59 PM
this is a touchy subject...but how can you guys say the market is dead? There's more type J kits and streetfires than almost any other kit in the J market...that means IMO, they dominate our market. Not to mention, there are 10 years worth of 3rd gen J's. There's more than enough out there to mod them beyond eternity....IMO, there's still plenty of market.

As far as quality goes...its good, but could be better honestly. I've seen MUCH worse...but I've also seen much better. Wings west urethane is definitely better then RK's urethane, and the kits are similar in pricing....so explain that. Alas, WW also needs to make something new for the J, but it seems they are focusing elsewhere.

The whole add-on for the new vehicles in the market was smart....no question, why leave all your eggs in one basket? They're lucky they did as good as they did considering the market they relied on, (econo cars with broke kids driving them). It's time for RK to really grow.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:56 PM
Ian Lacey wrote:Well, go back and read what you all are saying in this post. Would you want to make new products for somebody who bitched and moaned like that? I was very impressed with the catalog. I think they did a very smart thing by offering products for all the other vehicles.

You want something new, go to Gravana...

I don't care what MT says Ian, you are The Man! JK

Gravana is still 100% focused on GM-only. From the TRD Body Kit to our 32-level Damping Double Height Adjustable Coil-Overs (See Group Purchase Forum), we will continue to look into developing more high quality unique products that the J-Body community wants. Yes, we have built many new products for the Cobalt and we are developing products for the Ion and Solstice, but the J-Body market will remain a primary focus for Gravana as long as the demand is there.

Jim

PS- Shameless plug on the Coil-Over Group Purchase, don't you think???
Friday, April 08, 2005 12:11 PM
lol... I was actually going back through this post looking for a post from somebody called "MT"... boy do I feel stupid.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:02 AM
I didnt mind the parts. Much more stuff they have now from when i first got the catalog 4 years back.

I wonder why they dont list the Hahn turbo set up anymore.

Also if i would get anything outta that book i would call Karo and ask for it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:12 PM
I personally don't know why people buy from RK... I did once and got a piece of garbage in the mail. Called them to tell them the item was not suitable for any vehicle, and they promptly said no refund. Glad it was only $20 I lost. If you're wondering it was their "Red carbon fiber chevy emblem". If you think its OEM quality, you're wrong. If you think its OEM thickness, you're WAYYY wrong (paper thin), if you think its OEM size, you're way off (very small)... i bet it might still be sold on there somewhere

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:01 PM
did anyone else notice that RK doesn't make the tubular A-Arms anymore?

I need those dammit! Even tho people say they break I NEED EM

who has the newer style squarish tubular a-arms in their store for sale still?!?!?

NOT these...

But these...

Monday, April 25, 2005 1:47 PM
BlueCavCustoms (Steve Wood) wrote:Man, I gotta say my love for RKSport is starting to fade...

I was very excited to get the new catalog in the mail, but it has ZERO new products for the Cavs and Fires (for the second year in a row).

What's up guys? Have you decided that we are no longer worth your R&D?

Believe me, I understand the need to expand into different cars and trucks, but they have completely abandoned the very people who helped build their business.

Just because they don't make the Cav anymore does not mean we won't buy new stuff!

rksport is a decent place to order from. i;ve had alot of and still do have their products as well as had some misfortunes with the A-arms and they handled it fairly.

but new products? it would be cool no doubt, but really...what reason? if what they have now really isnt selling all that great, why produce new products for a market where people will be cheap about? besides the discontinuing of the chassis and cars, they spend money on R&D, they spend money on parts. i've been gone a while and still now, people will still shell out 2-300$ for an intake, but complain 100$ is too much to add all poly urethane bushings to their car in engine and suspension or things that actually make a larger difference, but cost less.

some things are higher priced, but i atleast know i am buying something of quality. but you cant blame a place for expanding into fields that are known for supporting their suppliers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search