who wants a toyo cavalier - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: who wants a toyo cavalier
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:05 AM
everything over in japan is different than the us. they run the cars off different grades of gas and all the cars have to be converted over for smog and all. you cant just get one over and drive it. well you can, but its not legal

Monday, June 19, 2006 6:18 AM
I just bought a S14 Silvia of them!!
Monday, June 19, 2006 6:26 AM
Jdm cavys are pretty sweet but all i want are the 95-99 taillights and the carpet trunk section

nice find thou

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 19, 2006 7:06 AM
03lssportblue wrote:Jdm cavys are pretty sweet but all i want are the 95-99 taillights and the carpet trunk section

nice find thou

Get hold of me! we have what you need dam Jay you should know this!! haha

And holy-old-post! for the S14 i hope you do get it in as a full car just a FYI they are cracking down HARD with importing due to Motorex games!!

also if you guys want these cars so bad contact us!! i turned down two more toyota cavaliers last month on our shipment!

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, June 19, 2006 9:52 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
03lssportblue wrote:Jdm cavys are pretty sweet but all i want are the 95-99 taillights and the carpet trunk section

nice find thou

And holy-old-post! for the S14 i hope you do get it in as a full car just a FYI they are cracking down HARD with importing due to Motorex games!!

also if you guys want these cars so bad contact us!! i turned down two more toyota cavaliers last month on our shipment!

xbluex

i know i emailed your company page twice and still didn't hear nothing yet

pn sent

as for the S14 that is a pretty sweet car but not worth all the hassle imo

good luck

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:40 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Rollynlow wrote:i just showed the toyo cav. because it is the J-BODY site. there are a ton of other cars that are on that site that i would love to have. i was just wanting to know about the site. but thanks for all the great posts. and the hated one, i know u have been bringing parts here
from there, i love your products, i was just thinking that instead of transforming your car into a jdm, might as well buy one.

Yes you can do both ways make one or just buy one, we have both ways for people.

Toyota Cavalier TRD setup Black 96'

Why are those rims Photoshopped on?

Monday, June 19, 2006 6:32 PM
03lssportblue wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:

nice find thou

xbluex

pn sent

good luck

Sorry we never got the emails, we have been doing some stuff to the site so it could be losing it. For the photoshop its because them Volk wheels where brand new and still in the box and we ended up selling them. So i just throw a pair of black wheels on there for now.

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, June 19, 2006 7:21 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
03lssportblue wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:

nice find thou

xbluex

pn sent

good luck

Sorry we never got the emails, we have been doing some stuff to the site so it could be losing it. For the photoshop its because them Volk wheels where brand new and still in the box and we ended up selling them. So i just throw a pair of black wheels on there for now.

xbluex

So shouldn't you quit advertising that they are on there?

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:57 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:it's pre-eminently cheaper to ship those parts over and pay the same shipping costs for twice the merchandise

There ya go...have it cut up, shipped over, then just swap all the fun stuff over to a US model Cav...interior, wiring harness, mirrors, tails, badging if you want...dont see any other parts that arent the same...then bam! Street Legal Toyota Cavalier

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:29 AM
the new site (when it goes up) will have all new photos plus other cars that are for sell that we have here.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:38 AM
20k for that toyo cavalier is a damn good deal, do you understand it is the TRD toyo cav, only 50 were made!!!!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:12 PM
What I do not understand on all of this is. The Toyota cavalier was made by GM sold to Toyota. I saw Steves in person. Besides some parts like the tails, sterring wheel, floor mats, body kit it is the same car, wiring is the same kind as in our cars. Of couorse things are moved around, and yes poer mirrors. This stuff has been proven as well with GM part numbers. There is no reason this car would not pass the same inspections as a normal cavy. Crash test nothing would be different. The doors do not change from driver to passenger side.
Not to bash you Steve but I do not see were that car is worth $20k, there is cars way nicer than that on this site that would never sell for that price. I do like the car for the fact that it is different and has a few neat things, but not enough to own one.

FU Tuning

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:11 AM
Ok well there is a difference in the JDM and UDM Cavalier, 1 is the crass bars in the bumps, 2 that Toyota was only made for Japan and can never be sold here by GM due to the copy rights they had. For the price its one of 50 made like this, also you have shipping from Japan and street legal it all adds up. Yea I can get another Toyota Cavalier and for less we have done that in the past. This one is just very rare and most likely will be the only one in the USA very of the 50 that where made.

On other note John are you going to the Ocala meet this weekend? and help Chris move?

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:48 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:Ok well there is a difference in the JDM and UDM Cavalier, 1 is the crass bars in the bumps, 2 that Toyota was only made for Japan and can never be sold here by GM due to the copy rights they had. For the price its one of 50 made like this, also you have shipping from Japan and street legal it all adds up. Yea I can get another Toyota Cavalier and for less we have done that in the past. This one is just very rare and most likely will be the only one in the USA very of the 50 that where made.

On other note John are you going to the Ocala meet this weekend? and help Chris move?

xbluex

Can you prove the crash bars in the bumpers are different? Pictures? Also just saying that there is a difference does not mean there is. Like I said before I have seen the car and can say wiring is not different. Only comestic parts are different. Why would Toyota buy a car from GM then go change things like bumper braces, wiring etc..? It would not be cost effective for themt o do so. Make a whole new bumper brace that would meet Japan standards when US is higher. This is all I'm saying. Also how is the VIN on that car listed?

Yes I will be in Ocala helping Chris move why?

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:31 PM
I would buy one if i could pick one up for the same price that cavaliers go for here. Otherwise, you're paying a lot more for basically the same car.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:14 AM
does the toyota cavalier come with a 5-speed? out of all the pics ive seen there all autos, is this true ?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:34 AM
wooooooo killuminati got the same colour car is me!! w00t!! o and ya, is taht ture though, are they all autos???

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:47 AM
Just so you guys know in some cars there is A LOT!!! of difference. It may look same on the outside but its not... point in case, I work for the Delphi plant in Tuscaloosa, AL, we build the cockpit and center consoles for the Mercedes M, R, and GL class SUV's. There are tons of difference in these parts alone. Different cross-car beams, safety features such as, the US spec has knee brackets made of aluminum behind the driverside lower dash where the the out of states cars have a styrofoam (sp?) block. There are more differences but that is just a couple.

-Brandon

Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:40 PM
Oh yeah and thats the difference between LHD here and foreign LHD... not RHD.

-Brandon

Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:47 PM
Yes all Toyo cavaliers are auto's.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search