jc whitney - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jc whitney
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:57 AM
is jcwhitney just alot of bs or what. i just got the sport compact version of they're catalog in the mail and first of all, there's close to nothing for cavaliers with the 2200. secondly it seems like alot of they're stuff is just crap anyway. like the venom 400, phantom grip limited slip. and then i saw something that i never thought id see, [up to 72 ft./lbs torque increases! up to 10 hp gains!] sounded a little incredible, then i looked up to see what it was for, the titanium blaze muffler! .......ya ok.250$ none the less. i'm not sure what to think of that, i thought that jc whitney was a respectable company some what. but now.... who knows. i know i get all my jeep parts through jc but maybe i'll start lookin around a little more.

Re: jc whitney
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:27 AM
they are a reputable company but like all companies they have to advertise that because they know some dumbass will believe it and buy it.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:27 AM
Ive bought stuff from them before, but nothing performance wise.. I thought they were pretty good. But yeah, I get their catalogs too and know what your talking about..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:30 AM
Don't buy from JC Whitney anyways.... support your local .org company

Between all the companies on the org, you can probably get almost anything JCW sells.

I know we carry nearly 400 brands now, even stuff for your Jeep & trucks

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:32 AM
Whats wrong with the PG?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:35 AM
Only thing I ever bought of JCWhitney is a couple gas struts because the ones on my mom's Jeep had lost their compression, so the hatch wouldnt stay open...good price on those, at least...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 1:43 PM
I bought a pa system toy for the car from their site. Love it

<a href="http://webpages.charter.net/nightmare-32/"></a>
...Oh no I'm a big bad fake moderator...[]Support the ORG, go Premium
<a href="http://www.j-body.org/forums/rules.php">Please, read the rules.</a> | Retired Sig Maker Count: 74</a> | <a href="http://www.j-body.org/~gatewayjbody">Gateway J-body's</a>

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 2:15 PM
aPlusPerformance.com ~~ Jason wrote:Don't buy from JC Whitney anyways.... support your local .org company

Between all the companies on the org, you can probably get almost anything JCW sells.

^ What he said

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:18 PM
JCWhitney... a ricers best friend.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:03 PM
ive bought some stuff from them before a few times. thats where i got my slotted&drilled rotors from.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:40 PM

almost everything jcwhitney sells for SC is pepboyz crap

Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:45 AM
You see, young grasshopper, here is a very valuable lesson that everyone must learn at some point in their life: No matter how reputable and praised a company may be for their products, when the sport compact genre is intertwined, most of that goes out the window.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:41 PM
jcwhitney is more for muscle/classic cars

Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:01 PM
CavalierExtreme.com (Frank) wrote:
aPlusPerformance.com ~~ Jason wrote:Don't buy from JC Whitney anyways.... support your local .org company

^ What he said

^^^ agree'd with them

Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:48 PM
Thanks

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Friday, May 13, 2005 10:58 PM
JC is where you go to buy wierd stuff like underdash electronics, RV accessories, a VW beetle part, and rubbber for an old school ride. They are a good company, but as stated above, support the .org industry.
Friday, May 13, 2005 11:31 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan�)]
CavalierExtreme.com (Frank) wrote:

^ What he said

^^^ agree'd with them

me to

www.streetlineconcepts.com

Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:38 PM
I live about 45 minutes from their warehouse, so I drive down there every so often to check out their outlet store. The only things I've ever bought from there are pedal covers, a shift knob, other small miscellaneous stuff like that. Their store is mostly stuff for motorcycles, Jeeps, VWs, and older cars. All the Sport Compact stuff they have in their store is just plain ridiculous. Just my .02 though.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 12:41 PM
i got my cross drilled slotted rotors from them as well

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:01 PM
Don't buy a 1956 Chevy wiring harness from them. The wires were the wrong length, the connectors were wrong and the colors weren't right. But the chrome stuff is good.

I would have wrote you a poem, but I couldn't find anything that rhymed with F@#K OFF!
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:16 AM
There are ok for little stuff but not anything else, like i got some rubber floor mats (I am in the Army and wear boots in the car covered in mud a lot and they are easy to clean) fast shipping and not bad prices. but for preformace part I would not buy from them, they do not have much to offer any ways.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search