My observations of the JBO community..... - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:16 AM
Its not just the site that keeps us all entertained...its the people that we have met through this site. I can honestly say that I have met some of the best friends I have because of JBO...I have had some good time and bad times with people here but I wouldnt trade it for anything.




Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:06 PM
Keeper of the Light™ wrote:

When i started, i was rather un-popular (for the older folks here, does "ghey devil-worshipping homo" still make you laugh as hard as it makes me laugh?), but i earned respect ebcause some people here--the cool ones, realized, "hey, he may be weird, but he's cool, and has cool things to say."


I was always happy to have you around here. I remember when you first joined. "Cool... another 00-01 Sunfire GT... "







Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:07 PM
yea i like this place too.... everyone has been so helpfull Especially EVENT.
if i didnt know of this place i dont think i would have started to mod my car.... thanks jbo.... you rock....





Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:12 PM
importfightercavalier wrote:


if i didnt know of this place i dont think i would have started to mod my car.... thanks jbo.... you rock....


You say that like it's a GOOD thing.

Hmm... if I'd never found this place... and never started modding my car... I wonder how much extra money I'd have now??






Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:44 PM
I started browsing the site in late 01... became a member on January 16th of 2002. If it wasn't for Bill K (a lot on here don't know who he is, he really doesn't post that much cept for occasionally in NE) I wouldn't have even known what a J-Body was.

I've learned a lot through this site and met a lot of cool people, like snoeter said I've met some really great friends through this site, and I wouldn't give that up for anything. I try to give back where I can (mostly in exterior cause that's what I know most about) and try to help where I can.

Yeah there's some jerks on here... ignorant comments and such, which is why I don't post as often as I used to anymore (avoiding the drama), but you're going to have that anywhere really. But in the end... I still love this place!!! *sheds tear* Thank you JBO!!!






Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:07 PM
group hug!!





Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:14 PM
No, you might try to touch my butt...



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:40 PM
Joined June 6,02' here.......no longer have my Z, but I still like to visit here daily! It's like crack for gearheads!




Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:46 PM
snoeterp82 wrote:

No, you might try to touch my butt...



you know it



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:43 PM
Its a great place, ya you may get your ocasional nuicence, but its livable if not annoying.
All my years here, I've met and talked to some great people here. I get some good laughs in AG, OT and some other sections too.
All in all "A" in my book.



>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:45 PM
i dont mean to infer that JBO has gone to hell or anything, thats not how i mean what im about to say... BUT... i miss the JBO of a year or 2 ago. Back when Teske, Oxley, Nicksix, Clayton (slammedfire), EROD (when is car was first finished), and all those guys ruled the site. There was a lot more to look up to IMO, and the site was more about the cars and less about being goofy and getting attention. Theres so much more BS that goes on now on here because of people wanting attention. And it seems like the focus of the site isnt where it used to be.
Not to mention... I personally think that AG and AAG ruined this site. it turned this entire site into one big joke, and having just an offtopic was better for the site. and YES, I am premium and have seen AG and AAG many times, for some reason my little logo under my posts still says "member" but ive posted 153 times this month and have been premium for a couple years.




Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:46 PM
go fig... now it says premium under my posts. lol



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:30 PM
I don't htink the goofing aorund has ruined the site or that people post stupid stuff for attention... the site keeps growing and growing, the more members there are mean more mebers will closer to other members (as in physical distance) when I first came on this I didn't post random stuff because I didn't know people. once you get to know people, in person not just over the computer, you tend to lighten up and have some fun, the people Imessa round with/talk @!#$ about/make fun of are people I know and am friends with, same thing happens off line when I see them in person, I could care less if I get attention for talking @!#$ to DTP... you should our converstaions that aren't on JBO... every single time we talk the first thing I say to him is "suck it queer" there is alot thats left off JBO.

No matter what happens somebody is not gonna like it... for example I posted an update pic of my car.. within the next month my car was posted quite a few times... once in pics from a chicago meet, one from Nappervill Slap car show, once cause I was at Ken96z's house and he snapped a few pics and posted them... then a few days ago I added another small mod so I took 2 pics, big pic and zoomed in pic and people bitched that I was a post whore ect... half the pics of my car were not my pics but it bothered some people. I'v had people bitch about people "swinging from my nuts" I don't think thats the case... IMO I made a very very nice car that is built to my liking, just so happens alot of people tend to like it as well. And I add alot more to this site then pictures, I've proven my knowledge on many occasions, I'm ASE certified, Audi certified, VW certified, EPA certified, and cars is what i do for a living, I know my @!#$. I've helped alot of people out in the past and I still do, but thats gets people upset because I post to much (even when it is productive)

Another thing to keep in mind if people always refer back to years ago... years ago these people were younger and more then likely less mature, as you grow up you mature, 3 years later your working a full time and working on a family ect.. and there are still highschool joining the site, just liek before it just slowly takes its toll dealing with some the younger crowd (no offense to young people, its all human nature its all good)



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:16 PM
well no offense darkstars, because i love your car, its clean as hell... but in a matter of a couple months you've gained more popularity and 5 times the attention for your front bumper and hood mods then i have in 3 years of modding my car on this site. And im not sure how or why, but some people just seem to get instant popularity, while others of us could post pictures all day long and nobody give a crap.



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 8:33 AM
Dont worry if people know you or not. We are all here because we love cars and love to modify them. It doesnt matter who is more popular (its not high school). Simply I love looking at what other people have done to there cars. Its great to see how they built there rides. Thats why my sig says what is says. Trust me people know who you are not matter how many posts you post. People come to this site very often. Trust me they notice who people are even if the dont mention your name. Not cause I have a cavy but this car site is the best. I am a member of other car sites www.contour.org but its now way as helpful or as fun as the JBO!!!!!!!

JBO..JBO..JBO!

My last post of the month. Man I gotta go Premium!






"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:51 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:

well no offense darkstars, because i love your car, its clean as hell... but in a matter of a couple months you've gained more popularity and 5 times the attention for your front bumper and hood mods then i have in 3 years of modding my car on this site. And im not sure how or why, but some people just seem to get instant popularity, while others of us could post pictures all day long and nobody give a crap.


I worked for the recognition I've gotten, I was the first person with the xtreme tuner, I think theres only 1 other person with 03+ cavi eyelids molded into the hood and the only one with CF, I think I'm one of the first to have the rear tailight filler with stock 00-02 tails, made my car run a 13.08 with leting off to avoid hitting the spee dlimiter at the track... I've put a ton into the car and its not even a year and a half old, alot of the stuff I have done is not comon.... no offense to you or anything but type J kit doesn't atract attention like it used to, its way to ommon to stand out unless there is alot of other work done, again no offense to you your car is nice but type J has been done so many times its nothign special anymore



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 2:28 PM
holy crap....page 3, and we're still on topic lol

I remember the days that adam speak of, they were good days as well. The guys who had top names, had highly modified cars, and they had the mods to back up their "name". They didn't get their name because they posted 600 times a month, they got their names because their cars are just nuts.

Me myself, people didn't really know me till one day I had this genious idea to put an 03 front clip on my car. I pic whored it up for awhile, simply because I felt like high school, and felt the need to be popular lol. Then I had a few things go wrong...accidents/pink triangles, and I caught a little harassment from that, but its all in good fun. But now that I sit back and think about it, I've met at LEAST 150 people from the org, and when you get to meeting that many people, it becomes real easy to joke around with people online about themselves or their cars. I never met dark stars till almost a year ago, when I visited chicago, and he's just as crazy as I am, and we've had some good stories to tell already. Like he said, half of what goes on, isn't on JBO

In summary, this place has a ton of people, some are EXTREMELY talented, some are just flat out nice guys, some can't be described with words, and some have seen a certain movie a few too many times. I prefer to stay around the good ones, the ones who take/dish jokes with the best of them, and with that, I have MANY solid friendships. My best friends locally, are all on the org. Best friends I could ever ask for, and without them, I wouldn't be who I am today. It's not the website that's so great, its the people in it (No affense dave, the site rocks too)

Weasel....my car would be paid off



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 7:44 PM
Darkstars wrote:

Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:

well no offense darkstars, because i love your car, its clean as hell... but in a matter of a couple months you've gained more popularity and 5 times the attention for your front bumper and hood mods then i have in 3 years of modding my car on this site. And im not sure how or why, but some people just seem to get instant popularity, while others of us could post pictures all day long and nobody give a crap.


I worked for the recognition I've gotten, I was the first person with the xtreme tuner, I think theres only 1 other person with 03+ cavi eyelids molded into the hood and the only one with CF, I think I'm one of the first to have the rear tailight filler with stock 00-02 tails, made my car run a 13.08 with leting off to avoid hitting the spee dlimiter at the track... I've put a ton into the car and its not even a year and a half old, alot of the stuff I have done is not comon.... no offense to you or anything but type J kit doesn't atract attention like it used to, its way to ommon to stand out unless there is alot of other work done, again no offense to you your car is nice but type J has been done so many times its nothign special anymore


you have a very good point, except that Joe has a black type J cavalier and is popular... now i love Joe's car, obviously. but just trying to use him as an example as to how the mods on the car really have nothing to do with it...



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 11:46 PM
point taken

by the way what wing is on your car? i like it



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:34 AM
just cus i know...celica





Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Saturday, May 28, 2005 8:19 PM
Darkstars wrote:

point taken

by the way what wing is on your car? i like it


well jesse already answered, but to go along with your comments about your unique mods... tho i cant take full credit for being the 1st to put a celica wing on a J (i got the idea from spydarfire),i was one of the 1st to publically put it on a cavalier, and the spoiler has become pretty common on J's now.




Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Sunday, May 29, 2005 10:27 PM
This IS a great community.........For Me To Poop On!!! Really tho, I love this place and one day I Shall support by going premium!






Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Monday, May 30, 2005 12:37 AM
I just decided to go premium! I've spent a couple months here, and some combo of the mystery of AG and the fact that I know I'll be using this place convinced me to go premium. Heck, it's only $25.


05 Sunfire, Ecotec, 5 speed, Electric Blue
Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:03 AM
25 ain't SQUAT!



Re: My observations of the JBO community.....
Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:35 AM
I've tried many shampoos before this one and...oh shizzle, I've really got to shut off the infomercials before I start posting.

What I meant to say was I have been an unfortunate member of several "my cock is bigger than yours cause I've spent more money than you" sites, and I was getting to the point where I was just about ready to give up on finding any decent people to talk to about cars, when a kind soul referred me here. I spent a couple of days nosing around, made a couple of stupid posts, and then my mind was made up- Premium. When you find a group of guys (and gals) this knowledgeable and this willing to share their knowledge for no other reason than just because they really love it....how can you NOT support it?

Guess I haven't been around long enough to see the politics, but I'm nobody special and every response I've ever gotten to a post has been helpful, informative, and respectful. I guess all I can really say is




I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search