Was sick when I found out no more CAV's - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Was sick when I found out no more CAV's
Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:34 PM
Joe Kidd wrote:
89Sunbird wrote:I drove an SS yesterday on a track....very firm, and no noise at all up to 40mph....held a hairpin turn at that speed...the Ion Redline slid out in the same turn...

Whatever, it (the almighty SS) is still a grocery getter with bolt-ons. Hardly RSX material. 10 years from now everyone here will be saying what a POS the Cobalt is.

the rsx would be grocery getter with boltons as well...

cobalts come with more power and way more options via the ecotec platform, if you know much about it yet.

rsx and cobalt are both sport compact cars. nothing all that luxury from either. grandmas around here drive rsx's even the type S versions... BFD.

GM is pushing the cavaliers/cobalts and ecotec platforms. the stuff they have in their engines anyone else can buy readily from GM.

RSX is pushing their car in the touring racing series, as they did the integra, example. RealTime RSX and integras. Mantapart also has a few cars in there as well as cavalier connection i believe.

both companies are pushing their cars in respective racing series saying, hey this is what you can do.

a car is only what you make of it.... if your grandma is just going for groceries, depends, vitamins and meds... then thats what the car is.

if XXXXX on here is roll caging the car, upping the boost, decking the suspension, then its a race car. for those who have narrow minded views, theres more than just mainstream classes in racing. cars of all different suspension designs, etc.

unless your car is a sports car from the factory, then your car is only what YOU or the individual makes of it.

and 10 years from now you really dont know WTF anyone will be saying. be realistic.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:39 PM
^^^^ agreed

Sunday, May 22, 2005 2:08 PM
"unless your car is a sports car from the factory, then your car is only what YOU or the individual makes of it."

The RSX in my opinion, is a sports car from the factory. And the interior and trim is a step up from the Cobalt. No doubt the engineering is as well.

"and 10 years from now you really dont know WTF anyone will be saying. be realistic."

I can make a prediction based on past entry level Chevys, can I not? Be tolerant dude.

I can see your point about this race series and that. Heck, in Europe they race big trucks. I don't really care about racing (not even the big wrecks in Nascar interest me.)

You can mod and option the crap out of Cobalt sure, but it is still a Cobalt. Which means like alot of the modded J's here, you might not be happy with it. And it will have Cobalt reseale, which is not all that hard to predict.

If you are happy with it, its all good. And if you enjoy track racing as a hobby, that is even better no doubt.
Sunday, May 22, 2005 3:06 PM
Joe Kidd wrote:
The RSX in my opinion, is a sports car from the factory. And the interior and trim is a step up from the Cobalt. No doubt the engineering is as well.

thats fine, its your opinion, but reality of it is,

Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=sports+car

sport compact cars are they both, and sport compacts are seen as grocery getters, period, in this country. sports cars are usually like miata's, opel speedsters, etc. 2 seaters with no room for much else.

last i checked both the rsx and cobalt had backseats to where you can install your kids baby seat....

http://www.acura.com/models/model_comfort_seating.asp?module=rsx

sporty....yes, sports car...no. even off basic definition.

Quote:

I can make a prediction based on past entry level Chevys, can I not? Be tolerant dude.

i am tolerant, but however, predictions usually are backed up by facts and or current track records.

last i checked the cobalt just came out a bit ago, not even a full year.

when on predicts the weather, they look at a few weeks of weather patterns and see how things are moving

when one makes prediction on the stock market, they take note of the last few years ups and downs, and the months where they occur

when someone predicts, whats gonna be a great car or not, they usually take note of the cars performance and roots.

so far you have not offered any legit reasoning for the prediction which should go hand in hand. hence the reason i said be realistic. as of yet there hasnt even been much time to fully and thouroughly test these cars much less get driver feedback to substantiate any thoughts on how its gonna be viewed 10 years from now.

Quote:

You can mod and option the crap out of Cobalt sure, but it is still a Cobalt. Which means like alot of the modded J's here, you might not be happy with it. And it will have Cobalt reseale, which is not all that hard to predict.

that pretty much remains the same for any american made car/sport compact. resale is always low. cars deemed imports, but ironically made in america by american, have always had higher resale. usually anytime the origin of the product is not domestic to a country, the resale is higher.

and the same goes for the RSX, which really arent that special regardless of if you praise it or not. decent car, but still a sport compact. so you can mod the hell out of it, and its still an RSX.

not sure the point of you bringing up " You can mod and option the crap out of Cobalt sure, but it is still a Cobalt" i believe that is common sense for any car. you can do whatever and the car is still that same car.

Quote:

If you are happy with it, its all good. And if you enjoy track racing as a hobby, that is even better no doubt.

i am, as some are. same for you and an rsx. just one thing i have always learned with cars even growing up in germany. similar to the saying, "the clothes dont make the man, the man makes the clothes".... your car is what you make of it.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 3:53 PM
owned
Sunday, May 22, 2005 4:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you take a cobalt and "mod and option the crap out of it", sure you will still have a cobalt, but you will also have a car with independant rear suspension, large disc breaks, a very nice interior(leather if you want it), and an engine with 1,000+hp that can do the 1/4 mile in 8 seconds or so easily?

If you do the same with an rsx, what would you have then?
Sunday, May 22, 2005 4:37 PM
Blackfire wrote:owned

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search