GM OEM Contact Information - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM OEM Contact Information
Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:12 PM
Alright, finding ANY contact information for GM is like searching for the Holy Grail, you want to believe it exists, but there's no sign of it ANYWHERE.

I need a contact name / phone number for OEM manufacturers, namely in the electronics section. Basically GM has information that is illegal to withhold to OEM manufacturers trying to develop products for thier vehicles. GM probably will willingly give it out, but finding anybody to contact is impossible.

Basically what I need is information about:

GM PID Sampling procedure
GM Enhanced PID requests and scaling
GM 4 cylinder (and maybe 6 cylinder) Seed/Key algorithm

Maybe Dave can help me out here?

Before anybody says that they won't give out information that will allow me to hack the ECU, I'll explain why they have to:

Basically, when you buy something, you own it (great theory eh?). Same thing goes for software. I bought the software that's used to run my car, so legally, I can modify it as much as I want as long as I don't resell it. I won't be reselling the software, only the software that is used to edit the information in the PCM. That is why it isn't illegal. You can do the same with Microsoft software, or any other software. If you can find the way to modify the Microsoft OS to look and act like OSX, thats your business, as long as you don't resell the Microsoft OS as your own product.

Anyway, if anybody has any information that they would like to share, please EMAIL me with it. Obviously this information isn't on the internet for a reason.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this is in General because I'm asking for information to contact GM about the J-Body (and other 4 cylinder cars), not asking for performance or maintenance advice/info)

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: GM OEM Contact Information
Friday, July 01, 2005 5:36 AM
I have a contact within GM that might be able to help you out, or put you towards the correct person. I will have to get his email for you.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 01, 2005 6:27 AM
I would appreciate any help John.

Friday, July 01, 2005 6:54 AM
If you are a member of SEMA you should have access to all of that information.

-Tim

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:11 AM
Tim Schilling Bash Coordinator wrote:If you are a member of SEMA you should have access to all of that information.

-Tim

I'll look into the requirements of joining, thanks.

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:48 AM
If you join, please list me as a referrer.

-Tim

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:12 AM
wait...SEMA members can get that info? I'll have to talk to my boss then. He's a member with the shop and I'm a member of SEMA SAN.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, July 01, 2005 2:39 PM
sweet, memebers of car clubs can join.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search