Warranty or what?! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Warranty or what?!
Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:46 PM
I need major help with this one. I took my car in (its under warranty till this october or you know, the miles, but i have almost 28,000 on my 03) and I wanted them to replace both fog lamps (not bulbs) cuz they have moisture in them. I had them (my dealer where i got my car USED) replace one fog lamp a yr ago and that was fine. Now today they call me back and tell me they couldn't do it because the fog lights were put on AFTER the car was bought new. These are chevy fog lights not those circular weird ones. Im so confused. I told them about the first time I had it changed with no problem, and now they tell me this. AND to make things a little bit more funnier, they said to replace the two fog lights (you know the housing/or glass thing), they said it would be 365 plus tax. IM like hell no i dont want that are you kidding me. So is that price crazy or am I just retarded and dont know that they really cost that much.

Please hit me up with responses. Im about to call GM and see what they have to tell me.

Re: Warranty or what?!
Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:57 PM
Was it a GM certified used Car or a dealer cert?

Team Tach Out
Http://www.team-tachout.com/
Falmouth,VA
Thursday, July 07, 2005 6:52 PM
Stock fogs can be bought on ebay pretty cheaply.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:09 PM
take it to another dealer and have them do it under warranty.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 08, 2005 5:14 AM
haha.. that doesnt surprise me that they would cost u that money from a dealership... a friend of mine tried to put a set up different bulbs in my car long ago (when i first bought my car) and he had the wrong size haha.. i went to my dealership and they said it would cost $250 per headlamp so.... thats $500 total.. @!#$ is damn near expensive from the dealership...

Friday, July 08, 2005 12:04 PM
thats chevy for ya.

Friday, July 08, 2005 12:45 PM
lol thats all of gm for u :d i called in for a factory corner taillight (damaged in accident) and the cost was i believe $140 for one.. i'd rather go to a junk yard a rip off a brand new corner taillight from a T/L for a fraction of the cost ;d and hmm ya i still havent done that yet lol

Friday, July 08, 2005 2:46 PM
alex with the sedan wrote:thats chevy for ya.

thats stupid dealers for you......

try another dealer IMO

Friday, July 08, 2005 9:50 PM
sndsgood wrote:take it to another dealer and have them do it under warranty.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:26 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. My friend told me to take it to her dealer since they are certified to do warranty work now (she goes there even though she bought her car at the same place that I got mine). As for if its a certified GM used or not, I can't really remember. I think it had some kind of certificate of some sort, but I don't remember at all. Could be Is there a way to find out? And even if it was a GM certified used, would it still matter if those fogs came on after, or should they still replace them no matter what?

Again, thanks for the replies, i'll fill everyone in to what they say.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:10 AM
why not just go to a dealership instead of these "certified" places? Personally, I've never heard of placed "certified " to do warrenty work on GM cars like the dealer does. Maybe it's just in your area.

Ryan1

Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:54 PM
the prices are for real. that stuff is expensive. But the warranty is bogus. your foglights are still covered under warranty they are bull@!#$ting you. My dad is a parts manager at a chevy dealership, so I know all about this stuff, and ur problem is a recurring one with cavaliers too.

Sam
Monday, July 11, 2005 2:07 PM
ceritified means nothing, the dealership may have changed the oil..

if it was gm certified you have a 3 month 3 thousand mile warranty after the 3 yr 36 exprires, the 3, 3 gm certified warranty is just as good as bumper to bumper.

keith-

207 hp cavy
18,000 so far

200 hp rsx type S
23,900 still stock

I love my car
Monday, July 11, 2005 3:51 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Stock fogs can be bought on ebay pretty cheaply.

I'll second that. While i've got a sunfire I have found some foglight on ebay for much cheaper than a dealer will charge. No idea if it's the same for cav's but I know that the same fogs for the sunfire are used on other Pontiac cars. See if it's the same for cavs and check your local junk yards for them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search