shady guy or not? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: shady guy or not?
Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:35 AM
^^^^I am going to get one. Randall Stone from the UK sent me the same e-mail with a diffetent name about the 19" rims I have for sale. I wrote him back a formal about how there was no way in hell I would ever accept a check into my bank account in exchange for money. I told him if he wants to send me $1000 though I can do it. They try to deal through a third party. I have a set of fugly 16" rims that are rusted and banged up that I would gladly box up so that I could frame a fraudulent check and put it on my wall. I was planning on throwing them in the lake anyway.

Quote:

We are interested in buying your above mentioned 19" rims at advertised rate. Rims will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the rims to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

RANDALL STONE.

Quote:

Sorry, but I am not cashing a $5000 check for anybody, nor will I accept a payment for goods in a form that is not cash or as good as cash. Anybody with a check book has a credit card and is capable of electronic transfer through paypal. Any paypal or e-check payment will need to clear in the account before anything is shipped anywhere. After clearing, I will personally ship the rims along with a cash payment of the remaining money after shipping charges. If you want to do it this way, you can paypal me $950 to this e-mail address or notify me of your interest for any other options. As I stated above though, I will not do any dealing with good through a third party, nor will I do any dealings through an implied money source such as check that needs clearing. I am very well aware of the workings of the financial world and money scams that exist due to my background in the financial industry. If you are still interested in the rims, let me know and we can further discuss this and trade contact information.

Thanks,
Josh

Randall Stone is also the name of a finance-based European author. I thought that was funny. I would be more likely to snip off my nuts with dull scissors than ship rims over-seas with four times the money they are worth in exchange for a check. Take charge mother F*&%er!

Cardomain|Myspace

Re: shady guy or not?
Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:31 PM
Nope, I got one from a Randall Stone from the UK TOO

This is it :

"We are interested in buying your above mentioned front and rear bumpers at advertised rate. Bumpers will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the bumpers to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

RANDALL STONE."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search