Should I buy a Cavalier? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Should I buy a Cavalier?
Monday, July 25, 2005 8:06 PM
Scott Fike wrote:

I'm not going to modify it or anything like that.

then what are you doing here

Sinister Ambitions

Monday, July 25, 2005 8:08 PM
97cavy22 wrote:if you care nothing about performance, and only gas millage and relaiblity then get a 2000-2002 with the 2200 in it, the engines are die-hard as hell, but are slow as hell

only gets good gas millage with the 4spd auto, or 5spd manual, the 3spd auto is horrible

how do you know if you have the the 3 spd auto or the 4 spd auto??

Sinister Ambitions
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:09 PM
euric dinkins wrote:
97cavy22 wrote:if you care nothing about performance, and only gas millage and relaiblity then get a 2000-2002 with the 2200 in it, the engines are die-hard as hell, but are slow as hell

only gets good gas millage with the 4spd auto, or 5spd manual, the 3spd auto is horrible

how do you know if you have the the 3 spd auto or the 4 spd auto??

If your shifter reads P R N D 2 1, you have a 3 spd. if it's P R N D 3 2 1 then you have a 4 spd auto.

As for the topic, I put in 5 years with a 2200. It truly is a slug, but that little guy only failed on me when it had bad spark plugs. I drove it hard, but maintained it very well. It all depends on the previous owner, but they are generally good if you dont care about mileage. See if you can find an ecotec, you will like it.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:17 AM
97cavy22 wrote:only gets good gas millage with the 4spd auto, or 5spd manual, the 3spd auto is horrible

you call 28-30 mpg horrible? thats what i'm getting with my 2200 3 speed.

euric dinkins wrote:
Scott Fike wrote:

I'm not going to modify it or anything like that.

then what are you doing here

this isn't just a site for modifying. what better place to go to find out the pro's and con's of a cavi, then a cavi forum.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search