jbody.org classified - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jbody.org classified
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:21 PM
has anyone ever baught anything from the jbody.org classifieds. i mean can you trust that if you send someone money they will send you the parts

Re: jbody.org classified
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:31 PM
i bought my sunfire fornt blitz and sunfire headlights form the classifields. maybe do alil research of the person u are buying stuff from. its chance but you nver know. just stay away from kccautoinc he or she has ripped a crap load of ppl off.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:33 PM
I bought my Koni Yellows there I got what I paid for, and I just sold a header there. as soon as I can get away to weigh it for shipping cost it will be a done deal.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:39 PM
i try to buy only if the seller is local, this way i can meet up w/ him/her

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:47 PM
lol I like the "new bag" ya got there... I also got tires a and rims in the classifieds, how could I forget that. I have only done on transaction out of state, and that came with a referral from another trusted member here. good rule of thumb is when in doubt don't.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:57 PM
We have classifieds here?? I wasnt aware

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:13 PM
Yep I've done it multiple times, just make sure they're reputable.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:49 PM
I got my new tires, a pillar pod with gauges, uhhhhh a spoiler and some other stuff. The only thing I have left from that is the tires LOL. Sold all the other stuff on the classifieds besides the spoiler. Still trying to sell that and other stuff. Cough (shamless plug) Cough.
Just make sure that you can eather drive there or the person actually posts on here and people know them.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:16 PM
i've bought some stuff from the classifieds and had good transactions. i've also been ripped off by people listing things in the classifieds. do a search on the person that is listing the item and see if there's one or two things about them:

1. how often do they post? if they frequent the forums, and people know who they are, there's less chance of getting ripped off.

2. are there any complaints or thanks posted about them? check for threads or posts that give any indication of transactions they have completed before (if any).

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:32 PM
I bought my spoiler out of the classifieds too.
Like Cannon said, just do some research on the seller, and maybe talk to them on AOL or Messenger to get to know them first.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:40 PM
Ecopower04@aol.com is the guys email address. i cant find his classified on here so i am guessing that maybe his user name is ecopower04. anyone ever heard of him

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:06 PM
i looked through the registry here and at the Ecotec Power site, if that is a legit address then it is unlisted, I also searched by name there were a few that were close but nothing that fit the bill.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:54 PM
AOL screen name: ecopower04
http://www.j-body.org/members/dan0807/

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:15 PM
I see post all the time...I doubt you'll have much problems with him.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:13 AM
Yeah it really comes down to common sense just like buying off of ebay...you can find legit buys but it's the scammers you gotta look out for.

I have bought many parts from people from NJ to Canada.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:02 AM
There is absolutely nothing about the classifieds here that should lead you to believe the seller is trustworthy in any way.

The classified section exists as a medium to connect buyers with sellers. That's it. Once that connection has been made, both parties should do THOROUGH research on the other to determine whether they should make the transaction.

There have been PLENTY of scammers posting stuff there. It's just like anywhere else. This isn't eBay. There is no real recourse to take if you get ripped off. We do our best to help people out when things go wrong but have absolutely no real responsibility in the matter.

I've always said that if there is any doubt, DO NOT BUY. If something is too good to be true, it probably isn't. There are so many trusted members here in so many parts of the country that it shouldn't be difficult to find someone well known who is close enough to check out whatever you're buying or knows and vouches for the seller. If you can't find anyone to back them up or go in person, I wouldn't be bothered.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:21 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]i try to buy only if the seller is local, this way i can meet up w/ him/her

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, July 22, 2005 7:34 AM
I bought my hood from a semi-local seller. First trip down i checked the hood out & wrote a check for 1/2 the cost. Second trip i took someone with a truck with me to pick it up and wrote out the 2nd 1/2 of the cost. That way if he took the money, he only got half, but he also knew i was a serious buyer too. Turned out to be a really cool guy who was more than understanding about my fear of being ripped off.

Something i've heard to do if you're afraid of something going wrong is to arrange a time that the person will put it up on ebay with a "buy it now" for the price you're paying. That way you can buy it right away & be protected under ebay and paypal if you use that too. It's a bit of a safety net.

Monday, July 25, 2005 11:47 PM
yeah you just gotta be careful. I haven't got ripped off yet. I've spent around 8 or $900 in the classiefieds since I've joined.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:19 AM
I bought a set of LS rims on classified. Trying to sell stock eco engine parts.

I'm going to be buying a header.. as soon as someone figures out shipping
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:00 AM
ya check to see when they registered, if they are premium, how much they post/sell prices etc

That being said, see if they will setup an ebay auction with buy it now at same price listed that way you go through a company and can file back, or make sure to use paypal/mo so you can refute if you dont get the item.

Pretty much dont pay unless you are guarenteed to have an item within a couple weeks... paypal has a 30 day claim limit, some people bs you around and after 30 days you are out money, so if you dont have it day 29... file a claim and see what happens then.

I had a bad seller that almost got me till i filed with paypal, then he suddenly found a package which "was on a truck that day being delivered to my house that day" and got it pulled back to him... riiiight.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com

Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:46 PM
i wouldnt really buy unless i knew them or it was a mutual friend

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:46 PM
I personally don't like the classified you cannot tell who is who on here. It is not like ebay that has a seller rating which you can some sort of judgement. Not that ebay is any better. Some one vouching really does not say anything to me. I can vouch for someone but if they screw up i vouched for them.

I would only buy if i knew the person. i have made one or two purchases in the past when i asked on the forum. But can't do that anymore.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:22 PM
I've only bought from the classifieds once, and it wasnt this forum. I used the classifieds at the JCO (www.j-body.com, ontario j-club) which is local. Did the exchange in person, which is a much safer way than over the internet.

Although, yeah there are a lot of people you can trust, theres also a lot you cant. The guy you're buying from seems to be pretty cool from his posts though, so I wouldnt think anything would be wrong.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:27 AM
Once I got 18" rims on the classifieds for $1000 CAD. Met up with the guy, no problem!

Then my confidence was high so I got a wing from some Scooba Steve guy in US, for $200 USD shipped and never saw the wing.

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search