ADBOT - Page 6 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: ADBOT
Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:40 AM
My views:

1. The ads in the treads are fine. (Good format.) If your not premeum then you have to live with it. It is not that bad.

2. Dave if I was you I would add some ads to the left side of the sceen in the blue area.

3. Dave good job on keeping the org around and fuctioning.

4. Please no pop-ups, god please just no pop-ups.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:41 AM
nope just super bored and have nothing to do....and if you share the Jack...then yup you can come on in

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:42 AM
Just wondering... why does Dave have to explain him self to anyone but him self? Its his site, he pays for it he runs it he can do as he wishes. For all he cares he can shut the site down with a click of a button. I dont think Dave has to explain anything to anyone. If you dont like it either dont pay or dont post. Dont come in here bitching about it when your bitching wont get anything done.

my 2 cents. Flame away.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:44 AM
Let's get super drunk and play football.

By the way.

In the game of football, I like to be the QB.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:44 AM
gosh i think ill be on the DL for this game! i think i sprained my rectum or something lol

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:45 AM
See I support the .org! I look at those ads!!!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:45 AM
lowercontrol says

FstCavZ24:

If you actually read my post you would have already known that I’m all for Dave making a profit!

Good for him. He deserves it with all his hard work.

I was just asking those who know to clarify my questions.

(stop bitching or GTFO) <-- Really TELLING IT LIKE IT IS.

Dr. Paul, aren’t you Mr. big shot? Are you like the ‘bouncer’ of JBO?

I got some ‘Jack Daniels’ in my coat pocket, can I come in?

^^^^ BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA that last comment is freakin funny as hell....

and yea i am glad that dave is trying to make a profit and stuff but some stuff goes way to far and doing google adbot is one of them.... i think the useless blue part on the page would be much better to put a banner on instead of in EVERY SINGLE post.....

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:48 AM

Ok, if you must?

This message was brought to by:

IN STORES NOW:

Ok.. I'm done now!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:52 AM
LMFAO, corporate sponsers now

this post fueled by:

swooosh!
Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:53 AM
lowercontrol wrote:Ok, if you must?

This message was brought to by:

IN STORES NOW:

Ok.. I'm done now!

Hhahaha

I don't mind the ADBOT, Dave's gotta do what he's gotta do, give the man a break

This Message was also brought to you by:

Also, check out the new Subaru B9 Tribeca now in dealerships!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:56 AM
I agree... i said that from the first post. Rock On Dave!

Rock in the new year with:

Please drink responsibly!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:01 AM
^^^^^ AHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA

this post brought to you by:

visit http://www.knfilters.com to support the .org

and

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:03 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Just wondering... why does Dave have to explain him self to anyone but him self? Its his site, he pays for it he runs it he can do as he wishes. For all he cares he can shut the site down with a click of a button. I dont think Dave has to explain anything to anyone. If you dont like it either dont pay or dont post. Dont come in here bitching about it when your bitching wont get anything done.

my 2 cents. Flame away.

x2

Bandwidth is not cheap. Bandwidth for 30,000 people is beyond some people's comprehension I guess.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:06 AM
yea but the point is... that "adbot" is wasting bandwidth... from what i understand that you actually have to get people to click on a link in order for it to profit.... sorry to tell you but those links google puts up are worthless.... so no clicky on linky..... so no money in the bag so to speak....

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:06 AM
the ad is not all that bad. At least its just text, instead of some stupid animation with bright colors asking you to punch the monkey to win money.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:08 AM
^hey i'll spank the monkey for money

Brian

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:13 AM
^^^ BAHHAHAHAHAAHAh

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:21 AM
I am utterly appalled by the conduct on this board. I came here expecting a haven for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas regarding our mutual interests in autos. I was even considering paying the $2.00 for the premium membership. But the conduct of Dr.Paul84, whose conduct is that of an ill tempered vagabond who enjoys urinating on children, has dissuaded me from doing so. FOR SHAME!!! I would expect this sort of conduct in a Dolph Lundgren or Lorenzo Llamas forum. But in a auto forum?!?! This is indeed a sad day for humanity. To think I would have gleefully clicked on all of the links in each post, time and time again, to generate cash for this once believes paradise. But now I weep bitterly for us all.
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:23 AM
sucks for you....im gettin a newb of 1 day talk @!#$ lol...

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:25 AM
Mylife75 wrote:
SLO CAV (hates the adbot) wrote:oh well what ever... this stupid ad crap is getting old VERY quick.... you know what this is going to cause right... some newbie will see a link on there for somethign that wont work on the cavy... he will make a worthless post about it.... again wasting bandwidth... oh well.. we will see what happens..... but i for one wont be posting as much anymore.... this stuff is retarted.....

you hate it so what. Deal with it Just like how we don't read all the post in a thread just do the same. Not posting because of that is just silly if you ask me. (Oh i am not driving on a highway because they raised my taxes). I hate taxes but we have to pay it, what do you think pays for our highways etc..

I do not agree. It is not the same as reading a topic and saying I do not want to read that. Any post you go in it is there.

Quote:

Wow. I'm not going to go premium again just on the principle that you would add something as ridiculous as an AdBot to the forums.

My take on the premium issue is this:

Premium members should be given extra features on the website, not just a relief from COMPLETELY annoying and damn near unethical (see popups) advertisement. So now we (non-premies) have non-access to premium member forums (totally fine), a limited post count (once again, sucky, but fair is fair) and an omnipresent ad system to combat with if we don't pay up. Give me a break.

To those of you saying "you guys are weak", that's because you have to put up with it any time you're not logged in, a whole 10 seconds. Why don't you people get off your self-righteous premium pedestal and see that this ad SUCKS!

I so agree with you!!!!!!!

Quote:

Just wondering... why does Dave have to explain him self to anyone but him self? Its his site, he pays for it he runs it he can do as he wishes. For all he cares he can shut the site down with a click of a button. I dont think Dave has to explain anything to anyone. If you dont like it either dont pay or dont post. Dont come in here bitching about it when your bitching wont get anything done.

As long as people are paying tp post on here he should have to answer to them. If you want to take the it is my site I do what I want, then do not charge people to deal with the crap. We already have to deal with crapy mods, and a crapy owner, and now a crap ADBOT. I have been on many other forums as good as this one, if not better, and they do nto have that. Not in a post. This is the frist I have seen.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:25 AM
I AM RENTING OUT MY SIGNATURE SPACE FOR ADS, $3.00 A MONTH

Contact me for further information. Of course all ads must be deemed appropriate.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:26 AM
oh mister i have all the posts in the world i am sure you can waste all 100 of his too by bitching about stupid @!#$ all day long.....

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:27 AM
Emor8t wrote:I AM RENTING OUT MY SIGNATURE SPACE FOR ADS, $3.00 A MONTH

Contact me for further information. Of course all ads must be deemed appropriate.

^^^^^BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:29 AM
Hey i gotta pay for my @!#$ too

(THIS SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT)
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:32 AM

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search