Calling quits after 5 years and 3 J's - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Calling quits after 5 years and 3 J's
Monday, September 05, 2005 5:49 PM
Just to let everyone know.. I am keeping it.... It was a something small. But I was SO frustrated to see that something happened so shortly after getting it back, I just freaking snapped. Brandon boyd and I found the source of the problem: the horizontal cable had popped out of the bracket in the engine bay. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this out till days later, because it was dark every chance I had to work on it. I'm going to however be keeping it low key with the cavalier. I will be adding only a TB and a set of cams sometime next summer and that is it. The motor that Dauber built is running excellently! When it is cool @ night it nearly sounds supercharged and traction is somewhat of an issue until 3rd gear.

I'm currently working on restoring the outside and figuring out some electrical issues it acquired from sitting for so long (lights). I have recently added my ClassGlass SS CF hood back on the car, as Snuggles is trading his Z in for a GTO. Jay If you talk to dauber ask him if he is gonna send me my oil pressure sender so I can figure out if I need to buy one. I am also currently installing my system that has been sitting in my closet for a year

HU: Eclipse 7001 indash monitor w/ 8 disc changer
EQ: Alpine ERE-G190
Fronts: Planer Audio PC54CK 5.25 components
Rear: Eclipse Point Source 6.5's
Amp: Planet Audio p4003 75x2 fronts and 300x1 subs
Subs: Resonant Engineering RE 8's x4

It should kick some serious SQL arse for next year iasca season.

Also Brandon Boyd and I are currently upgrading his FMIC and adding yet another larger turbo to his ecotec(currently a stage 3 t3/04). Also we are adding a external wastegate and awaiting a free reflash from the local GM dealership with the 2.2l SC program. Next year he plans on running close to 20 psi, so we'll see how it goes. I'll post some pics shortly of the cars progress since it has life once again!!!! Thanks Everyone!!!!

This months projects: Completion and Installation of Homemade Turbo System, Brakes, Fiberglass sparetire enlcosure and amp rack.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:43 AM
Good Luck

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:33 PM
Quote:

volkswagen tdi beetle

OWWWW! Why punish yourself? I mean get an SRT-4 or Cobalt SS.

Tach Out Motorsport
Http://www.team-tachout.com/
Falmouth,VA
Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:09 PM
Keeping the cavy.... it's currently half torn apart at out shop.... I'll post pics tonight. I'm currently installing a temporary stereo and cleaning some things up and putting in some control arm bushings. I'll post in a few hours after i get her all back together.

This months projects: Completion and Installation of Homemade Turbo System, Brakes, Fiberglass sparetire enlcosure and amp rack.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search