Scammer...Liar...Makes J-body look bad as a whole - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Scammer...Liar...Makes J-body look bad as a whole
Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:53 PM
Alex @ Twofast4life@comcast.net has scammed me. I am out $28 for a strut tower bar that is worth less than my last McDonalds happy meal I ordered. It is people like Alex that give great organizations like our a bad name. I just wanted to let people be aware of this, in hopes that I would save someone else the hassle and dissappointment that I had to go through. Any input on what I should do would be helpful...Thanks

Re: Scammer...Liar...Makes J-body look bad as a wh
Friday, August 26, 2005 12:19 AM
I did not scam him out of anything and now this has just made me angry that someone who i just emailed would come and deface my name on jbody. I have been a part of jbody for quite some time and have gain a very reputatable following. This is just a big slap in the face.

He brought my ractive sturt bar for 28 bux. 20 for the bar and 8 for shipping. I doubt he even knows what a ractive bar looks like cause he is sending threating letter to me saying its a piece of junk bar and that he is going to paypal. Well its a ractive sturt bar and whatever u think about the quality of the design of the bar is ur choice. I loved it when it was on my cav and had good luck with it. Obviously its not to the quality of freedom design but it does the job.

Would someone else with a ractive strut bar please reassure him of the design of it cause he thinks i,m trying to scam him over. this just really pisses me off.

Also can i get an Admin to lock this thread because i have already sent him a private email and i,m sorry people are to impatient to wait and work things out diplomatically.
Friday, August 26, 2005 12:40 AM
Anyone can easily see that the product I recieved doesnt come close in any respect to resembling a ractive strut bar....He send me a link to what it is supposed to look like http://toucanindustries.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&srctype=display&back=products&id=57888&view=products&submenu=Ractive&category=Strut+Bars&pos=60%2C15%2C83&pos=60,15,83 and instead of that which I would have been happy with...This is what I got and mind you it is in horrendous condition...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cheverolet-Cavalier-ALL-95-00-Strut-Bar-Front-Upper_W0QQitemZ7995994823QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (just as a photo comparison) I didnt buy it off of ebay. The bar itself is badly scratched and gouged from pliers and the connecting bolts that hold the bar to the rings are missing completely along with the rings being terribly faded and worn....I have been taken advantage of and this seller is trying to lie his way out of it
Friday, August 26, 2005 1:08 AM
check out the 3rd pic on this page

please look at the 3rd pic on this page....its a blue ractive strut bar (u recieved a chrome bar). And you can verify that in the gentlemen's mods list on the left side of the screen. It says strut bar - Ractive.

and that is the bar i sent you. And if you say that isn't the same style i sent you then that is a lie. The manufactors page is just an image. not a real life photo. and if anybody else i on the org. could you please verify that the cardomain pic i have in this post is a ractive bar that would be great.

So i am assuming that u have never seen a ractive strut bar in real life which is makin me more made you are puttin me through all this and you are making yourself look foolish. If you need more pics of real life ractive strut bars i will be more then happy to get them for u.

Sorry but this right here dis credits all you are saying about u not recieveing a true ractive strut bar. now can we please keep this to a private email. You have mail btw.

can i please get an admin to lock this
Friday, August 26, 2005 1:21 AM
hey tank, shut the @!#$ up. u havent been scammed by anyone but yourself cause your a moron.

-Borsty
Friday, August 26, 2005 1:23 AM
gentelman this is what email is for i don't care who did or didn't rip someone off email or AIM or messenger to figure this crap out please. stop polluting the .org with childish he said she said slander

thank you

Not a moderator

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Friday, August 26, 2005 1:41 AM
that blue bar is in fact a ractive strut bar. looks like mine but.. blue, mine's chrome.

Forever a work in Progress
Friday, August 26, 2005 1:42 AM
you paid $28 for something that normally costs more than $100... did you seriously expect it to be in pristine condition?

the first picture you linked to was obviously not for a j-body, and was probably just a generic picture of a strut bar. the second picture was from a honda civic, again, not what a j-body specific bar will look like.

you didn't get ripped off, you didn't do any research before you bought a product. don't claim to be scammed when you weren't.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search