how much? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how much?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:35 PM
How much damage do you think it will take to write off my Cavalier Z24. I smashed into someone today, and did alot of damage, but I don't think it's enough. it's a 2004. The front bumper is busted, and most of the lower part of it fell off. Airbags blew, and busted the windshield. Sunroof got knocked out of place and opened up. Side windows went out of track (the passanger side window frame and window was already busted cause it got broken into last week.) I think the dashboard is busted. But I don't know if there was any frame damage, but I slammed into a Toyota Matrix pretty hard. Black book value is about $10,000 canadian. I don't think it wil be written off, but I can only hope. Any ideas???

Re: how much?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:37 PM
This will probably get moved to jacked/wrecked... but

It depends on your insurance company mostly. And it's hard to say how much damage your car has without any pictures, or seeing it.

Some insurance companies will total a vehicle at 80% of blue book value... some 90%... some 60%... etc... etc...

Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:41 PM
I thought there was a forum for wrecked cars, but I can't find it.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:42 PM
ignore that, I just found it.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:58 PM
Here in the state of wisconsin it is 70% of the vehicle value, just call you local insurance commision and ask them what you total loss percentage is and the go to kbbb. com & edmunds.com add the two up and divide that by 2 then figure what ever the the percentage is for you area. this will give you a fairly accurate approxomate figure.

say your area is 70% like here in WI and say your vehicle is only worth $10,000... then by law the insurance company cant put more that $7,000 into the car to fix it, so then it would be considered a total loss.

BTW. if it is a total loss dont take the first offer the ins company gives you, you can deal with them just like you would when you are buying a car....

let me know if i can be of anymore help, i deal with this stuff all day long, its my job.

laters & goodluck!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:21 PM
Thanks. I work in car business, specifically used cars. And now I work at an autobody, So I know that I should to fight, but not sure how. I think my boss can help. I amy need your help in the future though. And just out of curiosity, how do they deal with aftermarket stuff. I didn't have much, but my AEM CAI was worth alot, and I had expensive headlights, and my custom gauges, which I just installed last week (I hadn't even bolted the dash down yet, just snapped it into place.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:27 PM
If you dont have extra insurance for aftermarket parts most insurance companies wont cover that damage

Check out my classifieds im selling my emanage and turbo parts
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/33204/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search