Damn Dealerships - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Damn Dealerships
Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:28 PM
Well fellow J owners, looks like i might be saying bye bye for a while. I got screwed by the dealership. Heres the story.
I bought my Z from them, no problem, i take it home. About a month later, i get a call from my job saying the dude who sold it to me is looking for me, so i decide to give him a call. He tells me he is having a hard time getting me financed, but he would do his best and he lets me take the car. Then the next day, i get a call from him and he tells me that the car is mine (keep in mind im not financed yet) so i ask him about that and he says since i put mods on the car already and had it for awhile, he would do whatever it took to get it financed, even if he had to bring down the price and give me no interest. A few more weeks go by and i ended up leaving my job to go to a higher paying job and i go up to the dealership to get a new temp tag. When i get there, the salesman, his boss, and the head manager are standing there and were like "We have been looking for you, you have our car" So im like "what the $%^&!!" and they explain they want there car back because i switched jobs (going from 7.25 to 9.50 and hour). At this point in time, i have about 3 or 4 grand invested in my ride. So after a huge argument and some royal bitching out, i convince them to redo the papers and give me a chance to get teh car back. Its been about to weeks now, because ever time i call they say call back tommorow. I was looking on auto trader today, and they are selling my damn car, for 4 grand more then i bought it for. I called him out on that today and i asked him, what the hell is going on? He said call him monday and he will tell me if they approved me for the car or not, so i said "well, if your selling it, how am i going to get it back? He kept blowing off the question and said, call us back monday. Sorry this is so long, just wanted to share my sad story of them taking my baby back from me, it feels like someone took a kid from me . I will keep yous guys posted and let u know what happens on monday

Re: Damn Dealerships
Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:52 PM
ill help you burn that dealership down bro....

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:42 PM
lol, sounds like a plan
Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:45 PM
i had the same thing happen to me at a dogdge dealer in fe 2004 .. when i attepmted to trade my 03 cav i for a used GMc sonoma .. they let me take it with me thinkin i was done an everything ... then ten days later tell me i had to bring it back cuz they couldnt get me financed ... iasked " wasnt i already" and they said i was PRE! approved .. so i had to give it back and get my car back ... after installing a full stereo n the sonoma ... boy was i heated ...so i know how you feel

Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:49 PM
Will they atleast let you take off what you have put on it. This smells of BS.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:19 PM
I was thinking the same, I put all that stuff on, it cost me so much money, im not about to lose it. I will give them a call tommorow and tell them, if they dont let me have my stuff, or at least give me money for it all, then Im calling my lawyer.
Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:33 PM
This story reaks of Did you sign a contract to buy the car???? Its a legal and binding CONTRACT why the hell would you mod a car untill you were sure it was totaly yours???
Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:39 AM
Robert Bradley wrote:At this point in time, i have about 3 or 4 grand invested in my ride.
So you have 3 or 4 grand to invest in a car you just got, but you are having trouble getting financed?

Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:03 AM
call your lawyer
or call me and i will help brian burn down the dealership

Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:42 AM
If I had 3 or 4 grand to put into mods within the First month I would have put it down on the Car itself. I wish I would have done that with most of the stuff that I got loans for. I lived and I learned now I have a diffrent outlook on loans.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:12 AM
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:call your lawyer
or call me and i will help brian burn down the dealership

hell yeah

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims

Sunday, September 11, 2005 1:00 PM
I do understand my mistakes on this one, i probally should have waited to put all my mods on and used the money towards a down payment. But still the fact remains that i got totally screwed over. I only switched jobs, if anything i would rather sell a car to someone making 9.50 then 7.25, its and it pisses me off. When i go in to the dealership tommorow, im going to do whatever i can to get that car back, right now, they are trying to get me a "lesser" car. As much as i hate to say it, a Cavalier isnt very high up there, they only wanted 9 grand for it, whats lesser to them? I did get them to say they will pay me back for all the mods though, so when i go tommorow, im going to make sure they give it to me in writing since the car is up for sale again. That way, if they do sell it and i dont get my money, or tthe stuff i did to it, i will sue the hell out of em.
Sunday, September 11, 2005 1:25 PM
they piss me off too....ive been trying to get a hell of deal on a new 05 cavalier this guy has had for a whileeeeeeeeeeeee.....and he wont cut me a damn deal, even tho it's now the 2nd year of the cobalts and this dude is still trying to sell a cavalier..... so i just figure the dick can keep that car till he goes down a bit

but yea not as serious as you, but still they piss me off

Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:04 PM
the reason there prob doing all that is cuz they want to see a job history. they dont like finacing people who switch from job to job. most places want a job history for at least 6 months some longer like a year. so maybe that will help explain why they are having trouble with everything best of luck
Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:05 PM
that makes a lot of sense, i guess who is to say im still at that job a month from now? damn, looks like im really screwed on this one. live and learn, right?
Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:40 PM
Most importantly... did you sign any papers?
How can they wait at least a month without even having you financed? That don't seem right, and obviously they aren't searching hard enough to get you financed because there are companies that have guaranteed approval.
http://www.creditacceptance.com/cadocs/

I'd get a lawyer on this asap. + go into the dealership when its busy and start getting loud talking about how they're ripping you off. I bet they'd be in a real hurry to try an settle it then.

Monday, September 12, 2005 5:10 AM
Wow....I guess this blows everyones theories that you won't get any money back for the mods you put in? 3 grand is a lot of mods and for a DEALERSHIP to take your ride back and sell it for thousands more.....hhhmmmmmm! I don't know about that. Anyways, I do know that a lot of dealerships will let you take the car and then try to finance you. It never comes to the point where they can't finance you though. If the dealership offers 4.9% and you sign the papers and your happy and their happy, they can come back to you and say, "well we couldn't finance you at 4.9% so we got you 9%", something like that but it should never come back as, "we couldn't finance you". Now unless your credit is totally screwed up then I can see it happening but for a cavalier you should of got financed but at a really high rate!
Monday, September 12, 2005 7:00 AM
Guys I wouldn't even JOKE about burning the place down remember there is already some ex-memebers on trial for arson this is the last thing we'd need.
Contact a lawer right away some dealerships do this stuff thinking they can get away with it. Call them to court and they will be so screwed. 1st off they gave you the car before the financeing was nailed down and this is illeagal to do. Then they say they need more money to make the deal work, this is called "bait and switch" and it to is illeagal. And if you've put ANY money into this car andf they take it back from you then they owe you your money back plain and simple. Ask them how they like court and all the bad publisity it will generate for them on the 6 O'clock news. You'll get your car back
don't worry about that or you may even get a better one. Bottom line is THEY f--ked up not you and you can't be held responcible for there mistakes. Case in point my dad
went to buy a mini-van like 15 years ago and we traded in a 1982 chevy citation. the deal was made on a friday night at just before they closed. We go back monday to finailze the deal and the sales guy says they're gonna need 5 grand more to keep the payments where we need them. So dad goes nope no can do just let me have my car back heres the keys to your van and we'll be off. 2 hours goes by and the sales guy and his manager come in and say they wholesaled our car on saturday and its gone
and that the mini-van is gonna be 5 grand more and they can't do anything about it. So my dad asked to use the phone the manager said sure and asked if he was calling the bank My dad said no I'm calling my lawer. Suddenly everything changed.... we got the van and free lifetime service for it. The sales guy? he lost his job, do not let them push you around get a lawer.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, September 12, 2005 8:33 AM
lawyer would be my first stop

i woulda drove the car off the lot , i wouldnt have left it there

Monday, September 12, 2005 1:14 PM
Well, majority rules, looks like im calling my lawyer. The thing im wondering about though, is the whole job situation. I dont beleive that they took the car because i couldnt get financed, i think it was because of the switching jobs thing. They said it voided the contract, im not sure if they are lying or if its the truth. Honestly im not sure right now if they are even in violation of anything, except like what Jackalope said about they shouldnt have let me take the car in the first place. Im not really sure what to do at this very moment. I guess i will call my lawyer and explain the whole thing to him and see if maybe he will be able to help or not.
Monday, September 12, 2005 1:31 PM
Sounds like you are softening up don't let the dealership win.

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:32 PM
WTF kinda dealer ship is this, i swear, what the hell is this world coming to when popole can't even get the car they want wih out getting bent over. this is complete BS i'd get he lawyer and have the lawyer present himself and tell them they are being sued by you for selling your car with the money you spent into it, its' BS that you switched jo, if that was the case they'd jsut want you more, your bringing in more money more of a chance to take the money from you, they are supposed to jsu switch your info over onthe main. but yeah you cannot let them pull this @!#$ off. its' down right gay(no offense to any actual gay members) bue seriously! stop them before they actaully sell your car off and screw you over, to them it's just a matter of time, but to you it's your car on the line.

" ..TQ is SPEED, HP is BRAGGING RIGHTS.. "

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:35 PM
Robert Ashman wrote:WTF kinda dealer ship is this, i swear, what the hell is this world coming to when popole can't even get the car they want wih out getting bent over. this is complete BS i'd get he lawyer and have the lawyer present himself and tell them they are being sued by you for selling your car with the money you spent into it, its' BS that you switched jo, if that was the case they'd jsut want you more, your bringing in more money more of a chance to take the money from you, they are supposed to jsu switch your info over onthe main. but yeah you cannot let them pull this @!#$ off. its' down right gay(no offense to any actual gay members) bue seriously! stop them before they actaully sell your car off and screw you over, to them it's just a matter of time, but to you it's your car on the line.

Very well said!
Monday, September 12, 2005 4:10 PM
Alexander Andrade wrote:
Robert Ashman wrote:WTF kinda dealer ship is this, i swear, what the hell is this world coming to when popole can't even get the car they want wih out getting bent over. this is complete BS i'd get he lawyer and have the lawyer present himself and tell them they are being sued by you for selling your car with the money you spent into it, its' BS that you switched jo, if that was the case they'd jsut want you more, your bringing in more money more of a chance to take the money from you, they are supposed to jsu switch your info over onthe main. but yeah you cannot let them pull this @!#$ off. its' down right gay(no offense to any actual gay members) bue seriously! stop them before they actaully sell your car off and screw you over, to them it's just a matter of time, but to you it's your car on the line.

Very well said!

thansk i tried but i suck at typing, but you ge the main adjust to things, i jsut pisses me off that dealerships thing they can do w/e they want to jsut becuz they are the lowest scum on the earth, some dealers anyways. none of them give a dman abotu your well being jstu as long as they get that percentage!

" ..TQ is SPEED, HP is BRAGGING RIGHTS.. "

Monday, September 12, 2005 6:07 PM
/\ /\ /\ No need to appoligze for your lack of typing skills we all understood it just fine. And
I think we all aree this is the best thing for him to do.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search