2001 cavy.. revisited - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 cavy.. revisited
Sunday, October 09, 2005 12:13 AM
Well I have returned for anyone who ever even knew I existed.

I was very intent on selling my J for the last 4 months... but found it wasn't goign to happen. Nothing satisfied me. The Iroc-z I was getting had out dated interior I can't stand, bad seals and leaked. The truck I was going to get has 200,000 miles, outdated interior again, and the gas mileage was going to kill me while trying to pay for college.

First things first, WHY I wanted to sell it. The interior sqeaks and rattles to the point I want to put my fist through the damn windshield, it's greatly underpowered(from what I'm used to.), also, the strut is squeeking like no other.

Well, since I'm keeping it I have big plans to rectify the situation. Anyone that knows of me here, knows how I blowed about doing the S/C 3.8 swap... but never did. Well, now I have the shop to do it in. I was put in contact with a very good scrap yard here, and I'm hoping to get my engine for under 500. Going to clean the engine up, new seals and gaskets, and a good ole' port and polish.

I'll be keeping my stock 4 speed auto transmission in it for a while, then I hope to be swiching to something that can handle it a bit better. Like Raven told me, I'm more likely to be breaking an axle than the tranny.... and from GM the axles are like a whole whopping 40 bucks

Anyways:

I should be getting the engine in 30 days, and clean it up and make it run worthy the next 30. I should be figuring out the wiring harness within this time with two chitlons manuals of each car. Which is the part that I hate with the innermost depths of my heart....

Then the ecu. I'm just going to grab that bad boy from another car and send it in for a flash and tune. Which I'm really hoping someone here on the forums could hook me up with a discount on the flash/tune as being a college student I'm already straped for cash. Any advice and help would be GREATLY appriciated.

Anyway, after the engine I'm going to start attacking the interior. I want to get ahold of some decent seats, but cheap... So I'm thinking Tenzo Rally seats, as IMO, they look the best. Then I'll get the interior repainted, and get a dynamat like noise materiral and compeltely do the cab of the vehicle.

Exterior will probably remain pretty stock, maybe an inch or so lower... Or if they ever come ot with a TRUE HID conversion system. Our cars dont have the housing to reflect the HID bulbs correctly.

So anyone wanting to hook me up, getting me deals, discounts, lovin' or something feel free. I'd be very appreciative, more than that, I'll come shake your hand personaly.

So evaluate my idiocies, and mock me at will.......

Selling: 2001, 4 speed auto, 2 door, silver Cavy. 4,000 OBO. Email, or see classifieds.

Re: 2001 cavy.. revisited
Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:23 AM
might wanna change ur sig then

Re: 2001 cavy.. revisited
Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:26 AM
The Other Matt wrote:might wanna change ur sig then

Good Idea... I guess I forgot about that

Selling: 2001, 4 speed auto, 2 door, silver Cavy. 4,000 OBO. Email, or see classifieds.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search