New Forum Topics...? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Forum Topics...?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:45 PM
This is kinda random but just kinda popped into my head as a possible forum topic. I was wondering what anyone thought of having another section dedicated to specific engine types. Like we have performance and everything, but i often find myself scoping out the threads about the 2.2, because yes i do have an underdog. so maybe if there was a forum topic for each of the J engines it could make things a bit more informative, in some perspectives. Just an idea i had. Any feedback would be appreciated. And moderators too! Thanks Guys

Re: New Forum Topics...?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea! Keep this thread alive for the Moderators to see.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:38 PM
Honestly the volume of posts dedicated to an engine type don't warrant the creation of a new forum. Soon, people will want forums for "2 door green 96 2.2L's with A/C, Power Windows, and Manual Locks". The forums are well laid out and simple to use as they are. I think we need to focus on helping Dave keep the site running (eg, premium memberships) before trying to expand on it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:23 AM
^^^Regardless. I think it would be a great idea too. Just my .02

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:28 AM
I like the idea.. not if it gets as far as stated above.. but I think it would be great to have a section for all motors within the 1st 2nd and 3rd gen sections.. only problem is you would have to play favorites and only make sections for 2.2, 2200, and 2.4.. because they are prominant, but you wouldnt want to leave out the 3.1, 3400, 2.8, 3.1 Turbo.. so theres a fine line to keep everyone happy

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:50 AM
Nah it should be the DOHC the OHV and the V6's oh and the SOHC

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:15 AM
Karnage *PRN321* wrote:I like the idea.. not if it gets as far as stated above.. but I think it would be great to have a section for all motors within the 1st 2nd and 3rd gen sections.. only problem is you would have to play favorites and only make sections for 2.2, 2200, and 2.4.. because they are prominant, but you wouldnt want to leave out the 3.1, 3400, 2.8, 3.1 Turbo.. so theres a fine line to keep everyone happy

What about the 2.3's?!?!?! Everyone forgets the 2.3's.... lol (j/p)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:53 AM
Heh... everything that could possibly be talked about, about every engine has already been said... all everyone needs to do is search

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:55 AM
^^^ exactly. there are designations for generations of the vehicle. isn't that enough?

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:59 AM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Heh... everything that could possibly be talked about, about every engine has already been said... all everyone needs to do is search

thats the thing, no one does it anymore. anything you can think of im sure has been discussed here once already. thrid gen forum has a lot of stuff on engines in there as well im sure the performance forum does.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:59 PM
we have WAAAY to many forums as it is...IF anything, i'd say just an engine forum would be best. no specification, just all engines in j-body's. that'd give people somewhere to post when they don't really have a performance question, and its not broken so they don't really to post in the maintance forum.

it'd get rid of all the
how much horsepower...?
what year did this come in...?
is it possible to...?

etc.questions

again, i don't think we need yet ANOTHER group of forums, but i think IF it did happen, that'd be the best way to go.

GO PATS!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:13 PM
it was just an idea i had. glad to see some of your thoughts on it though. There is alot of forums but yea i dunno. Im interested to see what the mods think too.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:10 PM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:it'd get rid of all the
how much horsepower...?
is it possible to...?

etc.questions

That really belongs in the FAQ.... and if someone will put together the stock engine info, I'll gladly add it to the FAQ and then we can kiss those kinds of questions goodbye.

...j

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:00 PM
yea but you'd still get people asking and then 9000 members who've been here longer saying "look in the FAQ noob"

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:33 PM
Jbody2nr wrote:^^^Regardless. I think it would be a great idea too. Just my .02

Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:55 PM
Shifted wrote:Honestly the volume of posts dedicated to an engine type don't warrant the creation of a new forum. Soon, people will want forums for "2 door green 96 2.2L's with A/C, Power Windows, and Manual Locks". The forums are well laid out and simple to use as they are. I think we need to focus on helping Dave keep the site running (eg, premium memberships) before trying to expand on it.

i agree. making sure posts can be found easily during a search is a very helpful thing you can do. clearly state your question in the post, give it a clear and easy topic title and you'll be set. not only will that help people who are answering your question, but later on if someone needs to know that same information, they can easily search and find those threads.

i think one of the problems is too many people put stupid topic titles on threads like "would this..." and then continue the title in the post or put something generic such as "is this any good". that makes searching for that information much more difficult.

but i don't see any need to make new forums dedicated to each engine.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 11:20 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:it'd get rid of all the
how much horsepower...?
is it possible to...?

etc.questions

That really belongs in the FAQ.... and if someone will put together the stock engine info, I'll gladly add it to the FAQ and then we can kiss those kinds of questions goodbye.

...j

Well John, this is also why I made the Newbies FAQ and that might have slowed down some of those questions coming around.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:31 AM
id like to see an ecotec forum not just for the motor but all the other things that go alonge with the car

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:37 AM
other than the engine, what else would even need a seperate forum?

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:38 AM
STOLEN!!!! wrote:id like to see an ecotec forum not just for the motor but all the other things that go alonge with the car

Even still, that would be biased. If there is an ECOTEC forum, than there should be an 2.4, 2.3 and 2.2 OHV/2200 Forum. Next thing you know they want a 1995-1997 forum etc etc.

Honestly, the forums are fine as they are. They are split up generally well and if for some reason you can't find any information by searching, just post it and people like me will help you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:00 AM
there already is a forum for ecos www.ecotecpower.com that nobody visits

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:28 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:there already is a forum for ecos www.ecotecpower.com that nobody visits
Yeah, go up to the top of this page and look at the header bar...."GME Network"

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, October 22, 2005 5:01 PM
/\ /\ /\ exactly what i was going to say

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search