Gravana closed??? - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Gravana closed???
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:26 AM
I ordered Axis Spider 17's from Gravana. Jim told me they didn't have them so I told him I wanted Tenzo AV 7's. I noticed a few days later that there was a GP message for free shipping on all Tenzo's by Gravana. So I emailed them to see if I could still get the free shipping. Then I checked my bank account and there was a purchase for Gravana. The price was the cost of the Spiders including shipping. SO I emailed them back about it because even with shipping the Tenzos should be around $50 cheaper. This is about 2 weeks later now and they still haven't replied....any comments or anyone know what's going on with them?

Re: Gravana closed???
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:28 AM
Gravana has always been good with customer service. They'll get up with ya dont fret.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:42 AM
Try calling or emailing them directly. It's a busy time of year with Sema.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:58 AM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Try calling or emailing them directly. It's a busy time of year with Sema.

x2

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:14 AM
why does everyone make a post instead of @!#$ calling?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:24 AM
BaggeDCav98 wrote:why does everyone make a post instead of @!#$ calling?

cause we are supposed to somehow know every detail about every company... and why they havn't e-mailed every person back who sent them e-mails 2 weeks ago.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:34 AM
It's actually a little known fact that JBO runs ALL the aftermarket companies that sell J parts. Every last one of them. Out of Dave's basement, my attic, cannonfodder's garage and Wild Weasel's back yard.

I think the moderators should get a better cut of the profits than we're getting so far...especially from Rick, since not sending any parts makes his sales 100% profit.

Maybe calling someone on the phone lacks the "look at me" factor that a public thread does?

*shrug*

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:57 AM
ive been trying hear at work to use the rick way of doingthings , but they still insist on , making and sending out the parts

i think send no parts would get us all a bigger cut of the profit

LOL

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:31 PM
Gravana is a great company. I've ordered from the more than once without incident, so has my brother. You have to realize that most companies we use here on the or arn't large companies and can't respond immediately to every request and ship all their parts next day. When you start to get towards the end of 2 weeks I'd start worrying.

But a phone call is always the quickest method of contact.

-Chris

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:35 PM
call, you will probably get matt, he'll square you up quickly and friendly.

outstanding company to deal with.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:32 PM
next time call them.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:01 PM
JimmyZ wrote:It's actually a little known fact that JBO runs ALL the aftermarket companies that sell J parts. Every last one of them. Out of Dave's basement, my attic, cannonfodder's garage and Wild Weasel's back yard.

I think the moderators should get a better cut of the profits than we're getting so far...especially from Rick, since not sending any parts makes his sales 100% profit.

Maybe calling someone on the phone lacks the "look at me" factor that a public thread does?

*shrug*

i do have enough car parts sitting around to damn near build another car... so i could probably do that. haha.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:25 PM
Well let's see....I'm in Afgahnistan. I have access to internet every day but not a phone all the time. Last week I asked my wife to call them on Monday. I'll find out tonight or tomorrow from her. I have emailed them about 4 times about it. And I thought I would just ask some people on here. I'm using all resources available to me. I can't make a phone call every day. I tried calling last week but they weren't open or I just missed them. I am on a slightly different time schedule than most of you. I am about 10 hours ahead of East Coast. That is why I made this post....to use all resources available to me. Believe me I wish I could just call them.

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:06 AM
ill get ahold of jim tommorow , and let him know just in case

you didnt mention you were over seas earlier , or everyone response mighta been a little differnt

ill do what i can

Friday, October 21, 2005 4:43 AM
JimmyZ wrote:It's actually a little known fact that JBO runs ALL the aftermarket companies that sell J parts. Every last one of them. Out of Dave's basement, my attic, cannonfodder's garage and Wild Weasel's back yard.

*shrug*

what about those of us who are only moderators for one forum, do we just get a smaller cut?

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:22 PM
ive been having this same problem. i ordered some parts about 8 days ago, and no payment has gone thru on my bank account, the phone just rings and rings, and i have yet to get a reply to my email from 2 days ago.

whats going on?

-Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)

Girls make me mad and break my heart, but my car is always there for me.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:10 AM
give them time, they are a busy company. they will get back to you and get your stuff mailed out. be patient.

and acidburn, we'll discuss royalties some time...

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:18 AM
i am patient, i am patient, ....its just that usually they email me back within hours, or answer thier phone. gravana has always been an awesome company, and still is, and ive told all my friends about them, its just that im really in a hury to get my engine mounts because mine are broken. thats all

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:45 AM
october and the 1st week of november are usually bad due to SEMA

and jim happens to be building a few cars for sema , so its pretty much like watching over haulin , but spred over a couple month time and several cars

lol

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:02 AM
seems like the blame always moves from company to company what is it with j-body ppl bitching about stuff

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:52 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:seems like the blame always moves from company to company what is it with j-body ppl bitching about stuff

i dont know if any of us are really bitching about anything. i think this post was made just to make sure gravana was still up for buisness. i could see how the topic-maker could think such things, because i also thought that for a few minutes, til i found this post

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:02 AM
They are absolutely excellent to deal with. Period.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:28 AM
Erod wrote:They are absolutely excellent to deal with. Period.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:29 AM
thanks for putting up with me. Jim emailed me 2 days ago. I'm a little frustrated. I'm on ordering me 4th set of wheels from Gravana. I first ordered Axis 17" Spiders. They said Axis don't make the 17s no more. So I told them I wanted Tenzo AV-7s. That's why Jim emailed me. He said they never shipped them out and they were discontinued. Meanwhile I have been charged for the Spiders, which were around $50 more than the Tenzos. SO I told him I'd take Axis Reverbs. Then he emails me back and say he can only get gold. I want black. Awesome thing is Jim was gonna give me a great deal on them. Gravana's site lists them as $996. Wheels next had them for $999 with tires. Jim knocked the price down to $800 shipped. I don't want gold though. So now I told him Motegi DP10s. Those with shipping should be about $100 less. I'm mostly upset that I was charged for the Spiders and still have no wheels.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:10 AM
Sometimes suppliers discontinue stuff without telling the retailer. I've had it happen to me...not a fun thing, thats for sure.

That seems to be the case here.

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24
2004 JBO Bash Quick 8 Qualifier
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search