Reply to: "Ever heard of RK Sport?" - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Reply to: "Ever heard of RK Sport?"
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:28 AM
In comment to Mr. Larsen and his remarks about sponsorship from us here at RK Sport; as you may know we receive roughly 600+ requests for sponsorship on a yearly basis. Mr. Larsen may have contacted us about sponsorship but as the usual business of sponsorship goes, we ask that you submit a proposal before November first of each year and do not make sponsorship decisions until January/ February and if you do get sponsored it is for product only as we do not offer cash contracts.

I appreciate the "org." for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Jim Wright
Manager of Sales
RK Sport Inc.
800-214-8030
jwright@rksport.com

Re: Reply to: "Ever heard of RK Sport?"
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:34 AM
OH SNAP!!

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Re: Reply to: "Ever heard of RK Sport?"
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:36 AM
BUSTED BIGGER THAN @!#$

Re: Reply to:
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:37 AM
Awesome that RK would respond so quickly to what turned out to be such a worthless thread

Turns out it was the scam artists over at Sport Compact Pro using RK Sport's name to make their "sponsorship deal" sound better. I'd think the legal types over at RK might want to take them task for that...

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:39 AM
OH $#IT, to ad injury to insalt, way to go rk.
woop woop
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:40 AM

Busted bigger than @!#$!!!!

Thanks to RK for clearing up this matter.

I also agree with Jimmy Z regarding legal action.

Neutiquam erro.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:56 AM
So the question still begs...

What or who is RKSport that everyone speak of?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:03 AM
that was the best thread i think ive ever seen on the org. Definately the fastest growing, and quickest to get locken, lmfao.

RKSport is too good of a company to deal with idiots like that. I wonder if Mr. Larson got the ban for that......I hope not, that was fun.

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:19 AM
Nice Jim

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:24 AM
PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:35 AM
Jbody2nr wrote:PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha i just read the other thread, thats kinda funny

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:51 AM
i doubt anything will be done

rk didnt do anything about the weapon r headers when they first came out , and the people selling them on ebay USE 100% of rk's info and pics straight off their website

but it is nice to see that someone responded about this guy

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:56 AM
Eazy716 wrote:RKSport is too good of a company to deal with idiots like that.

I'd have to disagree.

I'm glad something got RK's attention on this site, but maybe that attention should be put towards their @!#$ty customer service.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:00 AM
I'm a little disappointed in all of you for cluing him in to the SCP scam.

The way he was carrying on, y'all should have just let him shell out for it.

Ah well. Everything is suddenly crystal clear and he may have had the best "Hey, I'm new here" post EVAR.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:05 AM
dammit the one day i sleep in until 1:30 I miss all the fun

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:10 AM
I don't even know how I missed all this today. I looked at General earlier, I swear I did. Then I checked it out again around noon and I was like WTF!

LOL....sad thing when GENERAL moves too fast to keep up

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:14 AM
Like I said in the other post

The general forum got more posts today than it has entirely in the last month about

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:20 AM
This is just classic.
That guy just got OWNED

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:12 PM
Hey where did Mr. Wonderful go? You Who!! Pole smoker where are you?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:36 PM
The thing I love the best about you guys is how you tear to shreds complete and udder idiots. It brings a tear to my eye...

OK.....GROUP HUG.....

I feel better now

-Chris

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:37 PM
We are like sharks here on JBO

drop of blood in the water, the Premos smell it a mile away

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:44 PM
I had a lot of fun with him. I think we need an idiot at least once a month to keep us all entertained in the General

I agree, we should've just let him get scammed Oh well.. we're bound to get another genius down the road

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:14 PM
holy @!#$ i just read all that....that was damn hilarious!

Check Cardomain for PICS
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:29 PM
What I don't get...and I mean REALLY don't get...about this situation is the guy's reaction. Granted, we see that played out dozens of times daily on JBO and every other forum on the net...but WHY?

I can't even undstand the CONCEPT of reacting the way he did. He went from asking a simple question to BLAHBLAH BLAH RETARD!! BLAH BLAH BLAH FAG!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH YOUR POS CAR!!! BLAH BLAH STFU!! so fast one couldn't help but think he was just a troll.

Unfortunately this is the road message boards have been going down, increasingly worse, since the days of dialup BBS's. The level of stupidity and disrespect has hit new highs daily and it's mostly from the younger "newb" generation of users...leaving one to wonder, "WTF are they teaching kids these days? Where are manners, common sense and repsect?"

Then each year you have the inevitable flood of newbs to every service at specific times of year:
  • September, for the beginning of the school year and all the super-duper "IRsmrt" college kids and their shiny new Dells checking out the internet through the school's network and getting on all of our nerves. Moving from their 14.4K dialup at home to a dorm network must be a nice change, but really should come with an owner's manual. Higher bandwidth doesn't make you smarter, or more of a majority. It just makes it easier for you to annoy us more.
  • I HATEhateHATEhateHATE Christmas on the internet. Good god there aren't words for my disdain for the Christmas swell of n00bs. That's because everyone and their grandmother is getting a shiny new Dell and thinks they're Johnny @!#$ Mnemonic because they can figure out how to plug it into the phone line and stick in an AOL CD. Those morons usually pollute IRC, forums, newsgroups and file sharing services well into February. I swear if one more toolbag sends me a message on WinMX offering me "those illegal Metallica MP3's you can't get anymore" I'm gonna send them up the bomb!
  • Don't even get me started on Valentine's Day. The afore-mentioned Christmas idiots on their shiny new Dells think I really need to have every email with a heart, puppy, angel or baby in it forwarded to ME. I don't know who started that @!#$, but they need to be strung up by the short hairs.
  • Spring Break...what can I say? Not EVERY kid gets falling-down drunk in Daytona. Some go home, and while they're there they tell Mom and Dad about how their computer isn't up to snuff, or whatever...and head back to school with a shiny new Dell (see above). Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • June. Oh, god not June. It's graduation time. Little Timmy just graduated high school and Mommy and Daddy decide that he's been SO patient doing his homework on the family's 486SX all these years...so it's time to give him a shiny new Dell and cable internet service to go along with it. Forget Johnny Mnemonic...this 17 year old brain surgeon is ZeroCool and just hacked the @!#$in Gibson! No chat room is safe. No forum has enough moderators. No ToS is off limits. It's the end of the world as we know it
  • The middle to the end of the summer...FINALLY, a break. This is the time of year when the sun is out long enough each day to remind these dolts, trolls, dweebs and newbs that there is actually a life OUTSIDE and some of them actually do something with it. It's just enough of a break for us to collect our senses in time for the beginning of the school year and start all over again.
What's with all the shiny new Dells? Eh, picture the "dude you're getting a Dell!" guy in your head...then re-read the original "Anyone heard of RK" thread...I think it's him

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:38 PM
I wasnt joking when i said i had notified RKsport of his behavior

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search