Reply to: "Ever heard of RK Sport?" - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Reply to:
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:58 PM
Quote:

Ok so here is the deal this company called rk sport offered me a sponsorship ? whats up with this should i be taking it or what kind of steps should i approach?
55% payed on all parts ordered
$10,000 contract
thease are the specs and all parts have to be bought thru them only what should i do take it or have a little bit of caution about it ??

Here is the problem with all this. The whole deal was NOT through RkSport. If you look carefully, and you actually read what the guy said in his first post you will see that its very close to what the "scam" company called Sport Compact Pro or Racer X is / was offering a long while ago and they prolly still are. The problem is what they do is they get a very long list of "manufactures" and they put them on the so called "list" which you will be sponsored from and make it seem like its the best deal in the world.

The reason why I know this is because two years ago, Racer X set up an account with me (Car Customs) and was buying parts. I had no clue about the whole sponsoring thing until a long while after which then they just stopped buying parts.... The problem is when you actually get the application to fill out Car Customs is listed under the list of "companies" which you will be "sponsored" from . . . . . . . I don't know if they have taken my name out of there scam or not.....

All in all, its not RKsport, its Sport Compact Pro or whom ever that has put RK down as a company which they "deal" with and thats why the guy got it all confused . . .

Cut the guys some slack... no need for everyone to jump down his throat...

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:16 PM
Man, missed all the drama. lol

JimmyZ wrote:
Unfortunately this is the road message boards have been going down, increasingly worse, since the days of dialup BBS's. The level of stupidity and disrespect has hit new highs daily and it's mostly from the younger "newb" generation of users...leaving one to wonder, "WTF are they teaching kids these days? Where are manners, common sense and repsect?"

And Jimmyz, we're one to preach about respect? ha

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:30 PM
Seriously, Karo. You've gotta go back and read the whole thread.

You know me well enough to know I'm not gonna wish harm on someone just because they're a moron. That kid was OFF HIS ROCKER.

At the end of page 2, it all comes together, hence my first response earlier in this thread.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:32 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Seriously, Karo. You've gotta go back and read the whole thread.

You know me well enough to know I'm not gonna wish harm on someone just because they're a moron. That kid was OFF HIS ROCKER.

At the end of page 2, it all comes together, hence my first response earlier in this thread.

okay give me a while i will read it all....

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:54 PM
alot of it had to do with the way he came off to everyone

granted he was new here , but rk's name gets mentioned alot , so its not like you could really miss the fact rk sport is a real company , and been around along time

he got the kinda resonse anyone would have gotten asking if rk was a real company

granted its hard to see humor over the internet , but like alot of people it was easier for him to go off on people rather then to ask why it was a stupid question

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:17 PM
JimmyZ wrote:LOL....sad thing when GENERAL moves too fast to keep up

so true

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:38 PM
Still the kid shouldnt have acted like that. And granted some of our responces were not totally called for. None the less it was still funny.

And even if that kid did own a J i dont think he will return for our friendly advice.

As for RK i think they really should look at the legal aspect of the SCP scam. From the sound of it they should be taken out.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:37 PM
i miss working third shift and being on JBO in the morning. miss all the fun.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:31 PM
Damn so I take it he's already banned? I was looking forward to laughing when he would repy to this thread

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:37 PM
So where is he now? He still hasn't responded. Did someone ban him?

"Your Premier Source For Automotive Neon & Accessories!"

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:48 PM
Quote:

I'm glad something got RK's attention on this site, but maybe that attention should be put towards their @!#$ty customer service.

AMEN!

Hey Jim, how about a simple acknowledgement for our shop (since any discount was too much), AUTO AND AUDIO, figuring out how to PROPERLY hook up the headlight conversion for oem function which none of your "techs" have a clue how to do. We posted it here last year. Not to mention the horrible customer service we received - twice. And the fact that you personally renigged on your end of the deal (May 3, 2004) to reimburse me for the price of my kit if I mentioned RK Sport 3 times in a magazine feature. Which I did in 2 seperate magazines, one of which was Car Sound and Performance, not some little rag.
-PHIL MENNITTI

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:57 PM
Mennitti wrote:
Quote:

I'm glad something got RK's attention on this site, but maybe that attention should be put towards their @!#$ty customer service.
AMEN!

Hey Jim, how about a simple acknowledgement for our shop (since any discount was too much), AUTO AND AUDIO, figuring out how to PROPERLY hook up the headlight conversion for oem function which none of your "techs" have a clue how to do. We posted it here last year. Not to mention the horrible customer service we received - twice. And the fact that you personally renigged on your end of the deal (May 3, 2004) to reimburse me for the price of my kit if I mentioned RK Sport 3 times in a magazine feature. Which I did in 2 seperate magazines, one of which was Car Sound and Performance, not some little rag.
-PHIL MENNITTI
Way to jack the thread!

Might I suggest these (possibly more effective) resources for the airing of your grievances:thankyoudruvethru.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:04 PM
Jim is dishonest, I spoke to him on the phone when he refused to fulfill the agreement. I haven't condemned RK on the .org before, but if he is listening I will. I'm sure everyone of you would have been equally irritated.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:13 PM

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:00 PM
HOLY COW!!! I looked at that post earlier today and there was 1 response... what in the heck did I miss?!?!?! LOL

I can't believe that kid was being such an arse about everything. What company in their right mind would ever want someone like that to represent them???

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:36 PM
Wow, I got such a big laugh out of that last thread by Jakie, I see why I love coming to this site alot...never know what I am going to read. Maybe this was Jakie's plan...perhaps start with a small question that snowballs into a big fuss in hopes of obtaining sponsorship through RK Sport. If he was being scammed by a different company using the good name of RK Sport, I say that Jakie boy should have gotten everything that was coming to him because of his urine-like behavior.

Now not to thread jack...but I probably am anyways, but is WinMX really back up, I thought they closed shop.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:39 PM
Fallen Angel wrote: What company in their right mind would ever want someone like that to represent them???

a fake azz scamming one.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:50 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:
Fallen Angel wrote: What company in their right mind would ever want someone like that to represent them???

a fake azz scamming one.

Hehe I know that. What I meant was who would think with an attitude like that, that some company would want to sponsor them?? ie... wouldn't he think for one minute "Hey, this company is giving me a sponsorship. It wouldn't be cool if I was acting like an arse, I have to represent them. Instead, he seems to think "Yo I'm mad cool yo... I gotz sponsurships, and I iz beter then ya'll cuz i hav a sponzurship and yew don't yo... u all suk and r fagz cuz muh ride iz mad tyte yo..." Wait... nevermind lol.

Just reaffirms that people just plain don't think. I wish people would think.... and learn to accept responsibility for their own mistakes instead of blaming anyone and anything else they can.... and stop being "offended" by everything... amongst other things lol. It'll never happen... but one can dream... right?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:04 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:"Yo I'm mad cool yo... I gotz sponsurships, and I iz beter then ya'll cuz i hav a sponzurship and yew don't yo... u all suk and r fagz cuz muh ride iz mad tyte yo..." Wait... nevermind lol.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:28 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:
IZN TRBL wrote:

a fake azz scamming one.

Hehe I know that. What I meant was who would think with an attitude like that, that some company would want to sponsor them?? ie... wouldn't he think for one minute "Hey, this company is giving me a sponsorship. It wouldn't be cool if I was acting like an arse, I have to represent them. Instead, he seems to think "Yo I'm mad cool yo... I gotz sponsurships, and I iz beter then ya'll cuz i hav a sponzurship and yew don't yo... u all suk and r fagz cuz muh ride iz mad tyte yo..." Wait... nevermind lol.

Just reaffirms that people just plain don't think. I wish people would think.... and learn to accept responsibility for their own mistakes instead of blaming anyone and anything else they can.... and stop being "offended" by everything... amongst other things lol. It'll never happen... but one can dream... right?

thats why i notified Rksport about the thread. it wasnt to "own" him or anything like that, it was because if for whatever reason he really did apply for or had been granted a sponsorship that the company understand the personality of the person they were dealing with. Turns out the whole thing was a scam anyways so it didnt really matter. I am sure however that the fact that a lot of people defended RKsport in the thread that the company still found reading the thread worth while.

Post Edited (10-20-05 10:35 PM)
Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:29 PM
aperently i jacked up the quotes there ^^^^ only the last paragraph is me.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:36 PM
fixed it for ya...

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:00 AM
Still the best post EVAR!!!!

Tony wrote:"Deer RKSpotrs

My nam e isja ke, I hav nevr herd of yore copmany befor butt I was wantgni you two sponsor me beacuse my car is realy awsom and you wil like my car if you giv me som sponorsihp......... if you do not right me back i will driv to yore copmany and shute the plcae up so it is in yo're bets intrest to sopnsor me thnks hav a good daye bye.

yore freeind jkae"

Neutiquam erro.

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:17 AM
Tony (khanduras) wrote:I had a lot of fun with him. I think we need an idiot at least once a month to keep us all entertained in the General

oh, oh, oh, me, me. can i be a poser and come on here with stupid questions, i am use to being hated.

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:18 AM
oh, oh, oh, me, me. can i be a poser and come on here with stupid questions, i am use to being hated.

Tony (khanduras) wrote:I had a lot of fun with him. I think we need an idiot at least once a month to keep us all entertained in the General

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search