cardomain store - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cardomain store
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:40 AM
i was searching for some stuff, and i found this site. it actually has good prices ($194 for the k&n typhoon intake shipped) also they have the borla cat-back for under $550 shipped. i like both of these deals, and i was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from there

how was their service? how quickly did you receive your parts? would you use the resource again?

thanks again everyone for your responses.

Re: cardomain store
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:42 PM
When has 200 dollars for an intake ever been a good deal?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:34 PM
i ordered a gauge pod from them about a year ago. They have pretty good service.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:56 PM
I have ordered some stuff from them. I usually got my stuff within 2 days since their warehouse is 2 states away. I have never had a problem with them.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:28 PM
thanks, so no real bad experiences with that company. thats what i wanted to hear. anyone else that has made any purchases from them have any imput, it will also be very much appreciated.

thanks again
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:43 PM
Quote:

When has 200 dollars for an intake ever been a good deal?

For the 03+ eco K&N typhoon intake, that is a very good deal. I paid $210 plus shipping, thats the first time ive seen it under $200 including shipping.

Granted $200 is alot, for that intake its a good deal.

Is your quote fro the Versus forum?, I think I remember that 1.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:06 AM
thanks nasty04cav, that was the point i was trying to make. 200 is by no means a steal, but every little bit helps. thanks again everyone, and if anyone else has any imput on doing business with cardomain store, your experience will be very appreciated. thanks again everybody
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:38 AM
No intake is EVER worth 200 dollars. I dont mean to be disrespectful or anything but DAM 200 dollars. Thats like 150 less than a new clutch or the pipe for an exhaust.

Anyways its none of my business....whatever you want....get

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:19 AM
200 bucks for an intake

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:38 AM
Quote:

No intake is EVER worth 200 dollars.

Agreed
Quote:

200 bucks for an intake

Tho $200 for an intake is expensive, its a good deal for an eco.
The both of you are also running odler engines, not the ecotec. For some odd reason 03+ ecotec intakes are more expensive.
K&N is about $200
AEM COLD Air about $230
Rksport - $164
Rksport aluminum intake - $199.99

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:59 PM
yeah, if you really look at it, 200 fo an intake is almost cheap compared to buying one for 60 from ebay and having it not fit right, and then haveing to do it again. granted other older motors' intakes are much cheaper as nasty04cav said also

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:48 PM
nasty04cav wrote:
Quote:

Agreed
Quote:

200 bucks for an intake

The both of you are also running odler engines, not the ecotec. For some odd reason 03+ ecotec intakes are more expensive.
K&N is about $200
AEM COLD Air about $230
Rksport - $164

Ebay-$50 same performance, although yes there are times when there arent any but they do appear quite often.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:57 PM
Jbody2nr wrote:
nasty04cav wrote:
Quote:

Agreed
Quote:

200 bucks for an intake

K&N is about $200
AEM COLD Air about $230
Rksport - $164

Ebay-$50 same performance, although yes there are times when there arent any but they do appear quite often.

thank you. no one really seems to understand it. wheater you pay 200 bucks for an aem intake for 35 for a vibrant intake, its going to result in the same. all intakes are basically the same. when you get into the high dollar ones, all your paying for is the name. im not trying to be a dick, im just tryin' to help you save some money. if you want to spend the 200 on the intake then by all means go ahead, im just telling you'll get the same results w/ a 35-50 buck one from ebay

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:49 PM
i agree completely that you will recieve the same result from any intake you purchase, but i just like the idea that i know when i order a k&n intake that it will fit and everything. if i order from ebay, it seems like you dont know exactly what you'll get. thanks again everyone, your help is greatly appreciated
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:08 PM
Quote:

im not trying to be a dick

No one thinks you are, thats what these forums are for, to get opinions on parts. No one ever agrees, thats just how it works.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:29 AM
if you life in california you have to buy the expensive ones that come with an EO number which makes them CARB legal. otherwise you're SOL. and you can be fined for having illegal modifications.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:30 AM
Inari (Rodney Figueroa) wrote:if you life in california you have to buy the expensive ones that come with an EO number which makes them CARB legal. otherwise you're SOL. and you can be fined for having illegal modifications.

i was just going to say that. we (cali boys) dont have a choice. either pay for the expesive one with the OE CARB#, or dont purchase one at all.
im just glad i got mine used and in perfect condition for 75.00.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search