I need a daily driver are these good deals??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a daily driver are these good deals???
Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:32 PM
well i looked at 2 cars so far

first one is a blue z24 just like the one i have now stock of course.. automatic sunroof all that good stuff but it has 160k miles 1500 OBO that is alot of miles im thinking i dont know what do u guys think?

second is a 96 2.2 cavalier with 135k miles 5 speed 1500 OBO..

i would love another Z24 but that seems like ALOT of miles who knows just taking ur guys opinions i was thinking of offering 1200 cash for the Z24 if it ran good ect

Re: I need a daily driver are these good deals???
Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:21 PM
if the z is running good, get the z, thats pretty cheap. i got my cav for 2k, with 160000 miles on it, but it was/is in mint mechanical condition.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:22 PM
i say get the 2.2 with 5 speed.. cause if it comes down to it has lower mileage.. and not only that you cxan always get a cheap 2.4 engine to swap in and have a 5spd instead of a boring automatic..

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:29 PM
Check this out..its a bit more, but far less miles and its a vert!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/108838577.html

Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:42 PM
well I bought my 96 z when it had 160k miles on it.. ran strong till the head gasket went out then found out the head was cracked and some other things went wrong.. Its a chance your going to have to take. My daily is a 2.2 and I hate it I cant pull out in traffic without getting run over LOL

I fell sorry for the 2.2 guys espically the autos...

Team Altered Car Club

Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:54 PM
get the z. offer like 900 for it, see what he says. You'll have some money left over if the engine is bad. (or other thing)

Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:59 PM
i bought my Z in 2003....its a 1996 and had 65,000 miles on it and i got it for 3,000

Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:59 PM
Wanna buy my 2002 LS Sport? I'll give ya a good deal if your really interested . . . . shoot me an e mail or hit me up on AIM.

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:39 AM
if your spending more than 500 bucks on a cav w/ more than 125k on it, your retarded

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:02 AM
We just sold a 89 tercel with prob 300K miles on it. Reason I say probably is that the speedometer cable has been broken for some time and we haven't got it fixed. Ran like @!#$, suspension was @!#$, body was mangled with a turn signal missing. sold it for 400!

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:45 PM
id look for a better deal i got my sunfire GT 2.4L with 104k on the clock for 1110$ bone stock fresh tires, windsheild, starter and gauge cluster.

1998 Cavalier
1995 Trans Am
1984 Camaro Z28

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:07 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]if your spending more than 500 bucks on a cav w/ more than 125k on it, your retarded

I don't agree...My 98 has 180K+ on it and its still fine. Replaced the water pump at 130...just replaced the axles...no problems what so ever...its not even burning oil between oil changes. I feel that my car, and any other Z24 with +120k is worth more than 500 bucks as long as it was taken care of

~Kilo

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:34 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Wanna buy my 2002 LS Sport? I'll give ya a good deal if your really interested . . . . shoot me an e mail or hit me up on AIM.

I'll take it for $1500 .

Monday, November 07, 2005 2:10 PM
well im going to look at it the book is over 1500 on it THe Z of course.. he said everything runs perfect and its all highway miles.. dotn they all say that tho..lol he had it smogged today and it needs tags and a tranny mount or motor mount he said something when he takes off but ill be sure to check it all out.. not crazy about an automatic but its a WORK car i have my other z fixed up.. so people telling me to get it and swap all that crap is pointless i want a car to drive for work thats it

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:16 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Wanna buy my 2002 LS Sport? I'll give ya a good deal if your really interested . . . . shoot me an e mail or hit me up on AIM.

I'll take it for $1500 .

VERY funny Joe....

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:59 PM
well i went n got it blue 96 Z24.. i ended up giving him 850 cash for it..lol it runs perfect everything is good it was some old dude he had it since new so who knows i just started having a problem with the headlights tonight when i turn them on the pass. side both high and low beam come on dim.. driver side works perfect

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:16 AM
heres some pix

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:12 PM
lucky bastard, i wish i could get a z for under a grand. the only Z i found under a grand was 900, and it was a 2nd gen. a 93 to be exact.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:06 PM
yea you can never find a 3rd gen J around here for that cheap unless it has loads of miles (like over 200k), a blown engine, or its wrecked.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:34 AM
damn thats clean! nice buy

-marc

gettin blown @ 6psi daily..
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:41 PM
so now I know where that cash I gave you went .

Awesome find, and I love the seats you sold me. Corbue is going to send me a replacement bolt for the one.

Any mod plans for this one too? Or just the original?

-Chris

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:42 PM
DISREGARD MY POST, WRONG GUY. MOD DELETE IF POSSIBLE

-Chris

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:42 PM
u love them 96 Z's dont u? thats 2 now correct? hahaha i love my 96 too!!!

car looks nice and clean man, damn good deal too... a Z24 like that would easily be over $3000 here...

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:55 PM
i sold my 98 auto z with 84k on it fof 4k, it was mint though

women are like cars you have to test drive the new one before you trade in the old one
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:17 PM
lol i bought my first one with 86k miles for 3400.. he wanted 5500.. 3400 cash he took it the new one i got wanted 1500 i gave him 850 cash he took it..lol been really lucky with prices i guess only thing that sux its auto. oh well i still have my other one for 5speed everyone i show is impressed it already has sentimental value because the EXACT car i bought the first time minus the sunroof and auto. transmission i thought about reselling it but i think ill hold on to it for work

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search