Scam warning, of sorts... (ROY SNOW / "SNOW DAWG") - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scam warning, of sorts... (ROY SNOW / "SNOW DAWG")
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:23 PM
..attn. mods, don't know the "laws"..sometimes these get locked, sometimes they don't. i am angry enough to post this first, so apologies beforehand if necessary.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ROY SNOW, AKA "SNOW DAWG".

Long story short (if anyone wants further details or has issues, you can email me), Mr. Snow offered to buy a pulley and msd coils i had in the classified sections for 110.00 for the pair. i know typically, this is accomplished by the buyer sending the money first, and then the product being sent, but I thought it would be "nice" if I sent the items first, and then got paid. It is a 50/50 chance of "scam" either way, but I am an honorable, honest person, and thought I'd do a favor. I even paid for shipping. He agreed to pay a.s.a. he recieved the product.

3 weeks after he recieved them, still no check. he told me he'd send me a check friday after he got paid. the following thursday, contacted him, he told me he had NOT sent anything, but if i could wait yet another week, he'd send it. Another week later, still nothing. I told him to send back the parts or Id do my best to get my money or my stuff back (contact the authorities, small claims court, whatever), and he told me he's sent back the pulley and a check for 50.00, and kept the coils (I believe this gentleman still has his original coils in the classifieds...cool how he tried to sell them before I got paid for the ones now in his car).

Well, I left it alone, not expecting to have him keep his word, and sure enough, a week later, still no parts or money recieved. I know Ill never get anything. Just goes to show you cant trust people.

Before the flaming starts, or the mods lock this, just wanted to post this and try to warn any potential people fromk doing business with dishonorable people. I hate liars, and I really am just doing my part to help my fellow man. If I feel like its worth my time, ill take the short drive to kentucky (I work in real estate, i have enough job freedom to actually do it) and go and collect my cash..but my time is worth a lot more than 110.00. All Im gonna do is call his local authorities tomorrow, and see what can be done, as well as head downtown to see how I can possibly try to place a judgement against him with minimal effort. As said, money isnt the issue, just want to see what I can do for moral retribution.

Oh, and if Roy himself tried to dispute this...I can and will show proof of this fraud (or obtaining property by false pretense, is actually the crime). I have saved copies of each and evey email of his promises, from his snowinya@aol.com email addy, and a copy of the original ups online invoice with part description with both of our addies, and confirmation of reception of parts. Dates on everything. I actually look FORWARD to him replying to this post.

Once again, flame on, I guess, for "bringing our business out in the open", but it made me feel a little better. I have ordered and sold to a lot of members on here, and those who know me know i am honorable and trustworthy. Be careful people, and like another premium member once said: do not buy or sell from anyone on the org unless you know them.

that's all. we'll see how long this post lasts. thanks for listening, folks..

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.

Re: Scam warning, of sorts...
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:26 PM
I traded stuff with him before, but it was face-to-face.

Good luck.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:31 PM
Wow, lately it seems like there are alot of scams and alot of retarded people on this website that are getting taken by gutless careless people. At this rate we might as well have a forum devoted to attention scam this or attention scam that or should i buy this form this person or is this person legit. It is getting kind of annoying really, just watch who you buy form and if at all possible, meet them face to face rather than through the mail, it is your own risk really.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:37 PM
Juicez99cav wrote:Wow, lately it seems like there are alot of scams and alot of retarded people on this website that are getting taken by gutless careless people. At this rate we might as well have a forum devoted to attention scam this or attention scam that or should i buy this form this person or is this person legit. It is getting kind of annoying really, just watch who you buy form and if at all possible, meet them face to face rather than through the mail, it is your own risk really.

yeppers. Either the economy is reeeeally bad, or people are just dishonorable, or I am too trusting for my own good. but whatever, whats done is done. thanks for the good luck, shifted.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:57 PM
i feel reading these is a great thing. perhaps some people will think "i better come through with this deal or i know it will be posted on the org and wont be trusted again". well this is what i would hope people would think anyway. i do agree a new forum for this exact reason would be a good thing. if people feel they have been wronged by being posted about, they may explain what is going on.
well this is my opinion. i wish you luck with everything man. but you do realize you shouldnt have done what you have done, even though you didnt know this guy was a complete A$$.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:20 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:i feel reading these is a great thing. perhaps some people will think "i better come through with this deal or i know it will be posted on the org and wont be trusted again". well this is what i would hope people would think anyway. i do agree a new forum for this exact reason would be a good thing. if people feel they have been wronged by being posted about, they may explain what is going on.
well this is my opinion. i wish you luck with everything man. but you do realize you shouldnt have done what you have done, even though you didnt know this guy was a complete A$$.

yes i do. from now on, paypal will be my friend. I will simply request payment thru that, then send the part. safer for both parties. will also vice versa it when i am buying a part.

Mr. Dave/jimmyz/shifted/cannonfodder/anyoneelseimissed: maybe make a special addition, like, jacked/wrecked/ag? just a thought.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:06 PM
i don't understand why you keep saying we're going to lock this. you're warning other people that you were ripped off and that this guy is more than likely not someone that anyone should do business with. the only threads like this that get locked are the ones with zero credibility, or are posted prematurely before there is any proof of a scam.

being a "nice guy" is a bad thing when selling. it's a shame, but too many people take advantage of that. you were still ripped off, but it's mostly your fault. sorry to say it, but i hope you get things resolved.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:17 PM
cannon fodder wrote:i don't understand why you keep saying we're going to lock this. you're warning other people that you were ripped off and that this guy is more than likely not someone that anyone should do business with. the only threads like this that get locked are the ones with zero credibility, or are posted prematurely before there is any proof of a scam.
I have also locked threads that are posted for the sole prupose of flaming, or ones where the person hasn't taken any effort on their part to try to resolve the situation. Most recently I locked one where the poster said clearly he had already involved the police and the thread itself was degenerating into a pissing contest so it had outlived it's usefullness.
cannon fodder wrote:being a "nice guy" is a bad thing when selling. it's a shame, but too many people take advantage of that. you were still ripped off, but it's mostly your fault. sorry to say it, but i hope you get things resolved.
I hate to say it soul horse, but Tony's hit the nail on the head here. In today's world, you NEVER, EVER give up any product until you get paid. It can't be put any more clear than that.

I hope it all works out for you, but if nothing else let this be a firm lesson for future transactions. Anyone that would be upset by that arrangement (pay first, product second) is someone you don't want to deal with anyway.

Good luck!

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:45 PM
well i'm probably gonna do c.o.d. when ill ship something out
that way, when the product leaves your hands, you get paid, and when it recieves, the person doesn't get it unless they pay for it....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:02 PM
^^^not a bad idea.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, November 18, 2005 4:25 AM
...thanks for the input, gentlemen. c.o.d. sounds like a good idea, but unfortunatley, a lot of people won't wanna pay the extra coupla bucks for the service. (even to prevent scam). <sigh>...crazy world we live in...

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:13 AM
i agree with another forum for this kind of info.

the only problem with locking when they have the police involved is if any other people that finally read the post had the same problem/person and can add to the lawsuit similiar to the one awhile back that turned in to a few people and couple $1000 later. if this had been locked once the person said they contacted the police then the others would have lost out in a bigger lawsuit and the detective getting on here asking if any others had similar issues to email him.

how many times on here do you see all the j community come together to help ones in this situation. some have better knowledge on finding the same person with different emails,names, addresses, websites, etc, etc as ive seen on a few occasions.

with all the alot of the drama that pops on here, its great to see the j community come together for a good cause.

i hope you get it resolved and if any others had same problems yall can get together and sue his a$$

Friday, November 18, 2005 11:38 AM
it sucks you got ripped but i would never ever send something out before i get the money. its not a 50/50 chance of a scam. if he doesnt send the money, then you go on to a different buyer

Friday, November 18, 2005 12:24 PM
Yup i got ripped by Roy Snow too. From Kentucky or something i think. I wanted to get rid of my urethane Bomex rear cuz of the "park bench" and he said he had an Andy's autosport rear that he wanted to trade. No money was involved but i sent him the bumper, and 3 months later nothing. Gave me someone else's cell phone #. I obviously had his address and he kept e-mailing me telling me he sent it via USPS and that right there got me thinking there's no way they would take something that big. But he said he did it all the time, and he also said the POst office was like 3 blocks from his house. So i found the Post Office # online in the city he lived, and they knew him real good. The ppl working said he ships things like every other day here. So i asked if they received a huge box that would contain a bumper and they said no. So he screwed me over big time, so luckily i got a drift rear for 75 from someone else on here who actually sent it! But yeah, i wouldn't buy anything from Roy Snow at all.

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:46 PM
So why not find this sorry excuse for a JBO member and beet his ass!! Hes a theif plain and simple.

Hey when this type stuff comes out why don't the MODS remove any other adds from these theives and let them know they can't post stuff here till they make good on there
scam. this way noone else can get burned and it shows them that they can't get away with it unchecked.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, November 18, 2005 5:01 PM

Jackalope wrote:Hey when this type stuff comes out why don't the MODS remove any other adds from these theives and let them know they can't post stuff here till they make good on there
scam. this way noone else can get burned and it shows them that they can't get away with it unchecked.

good idea. he has stuff in the classifieds RIGHT NOW. One of those items being his stock coils that he didn't need after installing the coils he got for free from me. Nice.

Jackalope wrote:So why not find this sorry excuse for a JBO member and beet his ass!! Hes a theif plain and simple.

and that's an even BETTER idea.

Friday, November 18, 2005 7:05 PM
soul horse wrote:...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is talent in something your dumb*ss doesn't like or understand...

sorry, this is a bad joke, but your sig is kinda funny considering the situation... don't hate him because you don't like or understand his tallent of ripping people off.

Friday, November 18, 2005 7:08 PM
damn. that WAS a bad joke.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, November 18, 2005 8:00 PM
you need to give yourself a warning/ban for that one tony. lol.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:48 AM
I know I'm late but nice guys finish last...and it's the truth.

One thing I as a buyer avoid is owing people money. Say for instant...I bought my headlights off of IZN_TRBL and shipping came out to be more than the amount I sent him. He shipped it without me paying him the slight extra money. Even though it was only $40 or so more (rushed shipping), I hated owing him the money for the simple fact that it's even more pressure to keep your word. I believe I paid him the $40 the following day or so.

Also, you should have never sent him the part for the fact that if he has trouble coming up with $110, than he's a broke bastard who shouldn't be buying car parts. The unwritten rule is never attempt to buy a part you don't have money for. Shopping around is one thing but doing private purchases and telling someone to hold a part or ship a part you don't have the money for and don't know WHEN you'll have the money for it is a no-no. $110 isn't relatively alot of money in the "tuner" world, if he can't afford to modify, move onto the next buyer.

I hope things work out and people learn something from your mistake. Good luck in future sales.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:04 AM
Jackalope wrote:Hey when this type stuff comes out why don't the MODS remove any other adds from these theives and let them know they can't post stuff here till they make good on there

For the record, the moderators here don't have access to remove classified listings. We generally just point this sort of thread out to Dave who handles that sort of thing.

I've just sent him a heads-up about this one.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:39 AM
Quote:

he has stuff in the classifieds RIGHT NOW. One of those items being his stock coils that he didn't need after installing the coils he got for free from me. Nice.

Oooooh that would tick me off!! Ban this moron!

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Monday, November 21, 2005 5:01 PM
lone_wolf wrote:
Quote:

he has stuff in the classifieds RIGHT NOW. One of those items being his stock coils that he didn't need after installing the coils he got for free from me. Nice.

Thanks for all of the replies, fellahs. You guys are the best. Will be more careful in the future.

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:08 PM
lone_wolf wrote:
Quote:

That's great! But I can't find what the heck you are talking about. Please provide a link to the classified ad, or a username. Otherwise your post is useless.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:20 AM
Dave wrote:
lone_wolf wrote:
Quote:

That's great! But I can't find what the heck you are talking about. Please provide a link to the classified ad, or a username. Otherwise your post is useless.

Sir, it's gone! I believe "Snow Dog" has left the building. Did the typical scammer "adios", and pulled his stuff from classifieds asa he read this post. I already checked as well, was under "engine". But no longer there, i think? oh well...cest la vie, betterluck next time me, and all the other cliches.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search