want to send chris shelley flowers ? - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
want to send chris shelley flowers ?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:39 AM
heres the idea i came up with what we need is people to donate to send chris shelley flowers if you dont know by know chris was in a terrible accident. he has been placed in the icu, on critical condition.

i would like to get some people to donate whether its 5, 10 or 20 dollars there is no minimum and there is no maximum!! i would to get enough for him and his girlfriend who passed away some flowers.

there are 3 things we need

1 a person that can write very very nice expressing our condolences, and how much we are hoping chris can pull through of this.

2 we need people to donate, ideally i would like to get 150+ all for flowers and delivery change.ideally people could donate through paypal and the person paying can use that money for it.

3 a person to collect the money and pay for it (i personally will do it if no one else feels they want to do it) paypal is ideal !! that way its a quick easy transfer.

what do you guys think ??

i personally will throw in 10 bucks right now

mods if you dont approve of this im sorry.

Re: want to send chris shelley flowers ?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:57 AM
yeah i'll throw in a few bucks for this too...way too tragic for us not to do something

come on guys, open up those wallets, two less trips to burger king this week won't kill you

Brian

Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:15 PM
I'm in on it, I think that would be a great idea that we did that, you can count me in 110%
Fill me in on all the details on where we need to send it to and so forth.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:21 PM
I'm in as well.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:47 PM
Im definetaly in. keep us posted where we can send our donations. ill pitch in 10
Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:35 PM
jason rubito(beatz) wrote:
1 a person that can write very very nice expressing our condolences, and how much we are hoping chris can pull through of this.

Personally, I think that's something we ALL can do.

Anywho, on my "no job, broke college student" budget, i'd be able to give some.

BTW, can someone (that lives in/near the town) possibly get an address for the hospital to send get-wells?

Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:15 PM
I was able to get a home address (via the police report) if anyone would like it, but I would rather send to the hospital if possible.

Sorry to get off topic.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:27 PM
Shane OBizzle(ShOBiz) wrote:Personally, I think that's something we ALL can do.

Good Idea, I think that would come off on a more personable level.
If you could email the addy to me, I would appreciate that, and then whenever we are able to get the hospital address, we can always post it.

Actually I think that Brian Anderson said that he didn't live to far away from Chris. So he might be of some help on the addy.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:41 PM
yeah i would actually like to send it to the hospital so when he comes to he will see them.

does anyone wanna help put this together(as in take the money) or are there any problems with me doing it ?

also we need to find a place to get the flowers i wasnt to impressed with flowers.com

Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:57 PM
beatz, I have no prob sending you the cash.

One place that I have used in the past was www.ftd.com and was satisfied with them.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:02 PM
kardain do you know if they use paypal ? i would likt to stick with paypal if so it will be just easier , i looked briefly at there site so i dont know if they do or not

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:04 PM
im in just let me know via IM or i will check back on where to send the cash

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:09 PM
I have a palpal debit card (so I can use whatever funds on my paypal balance with whoever takes credit cards) I would be willing to accept the donations and will keep a webpage running with who has donated what (or if someone wishes to remain anon but doesn't want their money to "disappear", a number will be assigned to that person so they know who it is) This way there won't be $300 donated, $50 spent on flowers and then someone pocketing the rest.

All I ask is that a Mod or Dave decide who is going to be the designated person (me or someone else) before we have mutliple people collecting.

I have done this before for people on base when there is a similar situation. Normaly I use 1800flowers.com but they all contract local florists so the arrangments are fairly similar.

I can be contacted at dennis@dmcomps.com

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:11 PM
They don't accept PayPal, just major CC.

However, this one does (got it from PayPal's Shops page)

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:11 PM
additionaly, additional funds can be donated to help cover medical exspenses. Any mount over the cost of the flower/ballons/etc should be presented as either a check or other donation.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:14 PM
grimor i vote for you it seems you have done this before. i just wanted to see something get done. i have never done this and wouldnt even know where to start. and i was worried people wouild make the accusations that 50 spent on flowers and 300 collected. despite my track record i know i have good refrences and i know people can vouch for me but i am more then willing to let you handle this however i would like to help, if thats ok with you.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:37 PM
20 bucks for me

Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:57 PM
ok, we need some orginization to this. if its going pay pal we really ought to make a list of people with names, emails / pay pal addys, and amts maybe. that way we can keep track of it all. then someone needs to step up and be the person that takes the money and gets the stuff.

ex:

1. jason rubito(beatz) $10
2. ImportFyghter $10
3.Ryoko-Bird92 $20

you guys^^ can fill out the rest of your info and other just add theirs.

this might not be the best way but im just trying to do something so i can feel useful.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:02 PM
Good idea Brian.

Quote:

1. jason rubito(beatz) $10
2. ImportFyghter $10
3.Ryoko-Bird92 $20
4.Kardain -- $20

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:25 PM
I'll gladly host the webpage. Whoever is going to be in charge of accepting the donations email me or catch me on AIM and we'll get it all set up. We can also set up a guestbook or something similar there for people to stop by and say a few words.

Let me know!

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:27 PM
Here is a page I created. names and donations will be added as they are recieved.

http://www.dmcomps.com/christopher_shelly.htm as long as no one has a problem with this, I will create a new thread that I hope can be stickied at least for a brief time.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:30 PM
as I stated before, if you wish to remain anon, I will assign a number to you so you know that your donation has been accounted for. Otherwise, please include your nick or name that you wish to be listed as.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:35 PM
grimor i just sent 10.50 to you enough to cover the fees but i didnt put my nickname its beatz

thanks for doing this man like i said if you want help i would like to do so

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:45 PM
Grimor, PayPal sent. Beatz, thanks for bringing this idea to light. It was a great act of selflessness to do so.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:47 PM
thank you but i cant take the thanks it should go to every member that donates this is for chris folks !!!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search