modifier contest? Dave? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: modifier contest? Dave?
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:03 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have the one and only Celica Xmod........ I should post pics.....

you can buy so much for them off of Ebay....... aluminum everything......

Yeah it's nuts, I don't have any of the aluminum upgrades but I do have the suspension upgrade, AWD upgrade, and I'm running a badass Speedologist motor.

Already wasted enough money on it .

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:30 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have the one and only Celica Xmod........ I should post pics.....

you can buy so much for them off of Ebay....... aluminum everything......

Yeah it's nuts, I don't have any of the aluminum upgrades but I do have the suspension upgrade, AWD upgrade, and I'm running a badass Speedologist motor.

yea, its hard to justify spending money on this *car* when my REAL car isnt even on the road yet......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:21 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Can my Civic XMOD enter? Dark black on hood is CF pattern btw, rest is flatblack on bronze rims....JDM Civic YO! I got like $100 tied up in this little thing.....rediculous.....but it's the fastest Civic ever and one of the only with AWD-

AWD isn't all that uncommon, I've got it on my Skyline X-Mod. Lost the steering control arm tho, so it's kinda not running...

Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:and I'm running a badass Speedologist motor.

What size Speedologist motor did you get?? I picked one of them up from E-Bay for my car, but it's the nice MONSTER 280 size I think?? Lets just say, it's big enough that I need to make a new chassis to hold it

Ah, here we go, the original E-Bay ad

Actually, he claims that it will fit in the stock LWB, but it didn't really look to good to me lol. I'm putting a different body on anyway, and the body needs a wider & longer chassis 1/24th special edition Earnhardt Sr body (silver w/ black lower). I'm prolly goin' drag, not track. I'll try to run skinnies/fatties like the muscle cars and drag cars

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:45 PM
I was implying no Civic in real life has AWD...chill !

I'm running this motor as I'm still on stock electronics/battery.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:31 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote: I was implying no Civic in real life has AWD...chill !

actually there is a 4WD civic....... its a ugly bubble hatch/wagon looking thing, but they made it

Web Page for 4wd Civic

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:24 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote: I was implying no Civic in real life has AWD...chill !

Ah, gotcha. That motor looks pretty nice Upgrade to LiPo batteries and you'll be smokin' pretty much any X-Mod Are you over at xmodworld.com??

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:47 AM
Nice find Brian!

Where can I find these batteries you speak of? ...and no I'm not a member of any site, just wasting some time while the snow is around .

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:58 AM
If you're just d**kin' around, it may be something that's too advanced for what ya want You have to cut the stock battery holders out and put in a new connector b/c it's a battery pack. I found one in the Classifieds at that site above clicky

I forgot to ask, do you have Evolution series? Or Generation 1? Here's a site that sells stuff for both

I'm slowly building a straight drag car. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the #3 Earnhardt body I mentioned yesterday, or I'm gonna try to find an 82-92 Firebird/Formy/GTA.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:08 AM
Ooohh, now how awesome is this?? I just came across it online...

Clicky

Pro-Mod Nitro Cavalier The middle two pics in the bottom row. I can't link the pics directly

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:51 AM
Gen1, thanks for the links, think I may order a different body from atomicmods, good prices.

I used to be into 1/10th scale, so R/C cars are nothing new to me, I had a Bolink drag car with the CF chassis back before I even knew what CF was :-). I had around $300 tied up into it, fast as hell though and tons of fun. I also had a few Tamiyas, along with a Traxxas Stampede.

Kinda grew out of it, the xmod is great fun though with friends and nice little competition in the basement .

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:57 AM
I c I bought my Skyline when they first came out, it was running for awhile and then I started to modify it :snicker: I ended up losing the steering control arm tho, so it hasn't ran in a very long time I need to get a new one, heh.

I'm not sure what I'm going to make my chassis out of yet. Probably just F/G since I already have a bunch Lay some lil metal rods inside the chassis to help prevent twist, etc.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:09 PM
I would go with a 1/10th scale setup if you aren't, much easier to work on and find parts for projects. Bolink makes nice nice drag chassis' too.

If I ever get back into 1/10th scale I think I'm going to go gas this time...no more electric. Though I almost bought a 1/10th Tamiya FWD new Beetle to run a setup identical to my drag setup in. That would have been fun.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:43 PM
I'm gonna try to build a fast drag XMods-based car, try to claim the "Fastest X-Mod" title, than be done with it I need my lil bits of $$$ for my 1:1 vehicles (check sig to see what I mean, haha)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:00 AM
ok ok. these xmod cars sound sweet. where would i pick one of these up?

i'm baaaaack!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:19 AM
Radio Shack, or online .

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:46 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Radio Shack, or online .

x2 I believe RS still has like a 1/2 off sale on the Gen 1 X-Mods (non-Evolution series), but I can't remember for sure. There's lots of info & forums online for the Gen 1's, but the Evolution doesn't have as much yet b/c it's only been out for a month or so, I think? The Gen1 sites have some customizing/souping-up info on the Evo's tho.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:36 AM
Please don't tell me there are actually "dynos" for these things. Haha....wow
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:47 AM
^ To an extent. It only measures scaled MPH, not "HP"

Friday, December 30, 2005 9:00 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Can my Civic XMOD enter? Dark black on hood is CF pattern btw, rest is flatblack on bronze rims....JDM Civic YO! I got like $100 tied up in this little thing.....rediculous.....but it's the fastest Civic ever and one of the only with AWD-

Ive got like 5 of those things!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:59 AM
Has anyone here ever seen a Lowrider edge '03 tuner Cavalier. If I knew how to post pictures I'd show you it. BUt it's the same scale as any average Hot Wheel.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:00 PM
Eviltec Art wrote:Has anyone here ever seen a Lowrider edge '03 tuner Cavalier. If I knew how to post pictures I'd show you it. BUt it's the same scale as any average Hot Wheel.

Check your .

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:30 PM
^ Joe, I bid on that one link ya gave me, and at the last minutes, some F'r bid .25 more than me I only bid $1 so w/e. I'm eyeing a third gen Firebird on there tho

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:03 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
Eviltec Art wrote:Has anyone here ever seen a Lowrider edge '03 tuner Cavalier. If I knew how to post pictures I'd show you it. BUt it's the same scale as any average Hot Wheel.

Check your .
Yup ! that's the one .

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:45 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Gen1, thanks for the links, think I may order a different body from atomicmods, good prices.

I used to be into 1/10th scale, so R/C cars are nothing new to me, I had a Bolink drag car with the CF chassis back before I even knew what CF was :-). I had around $300 tied up into it, fast as hell though and tons of fun. I also had a few Tamiyas, along with a Traxxas Stampede.

Kinda grew out of it, the xmod is great fun though with friends and nice little competition in the basement .

Atomic mods sucks, try http://undergroundxmods.com/. Ive bought tons from this guy, hes got great prices, and great to work with. I bought the XMods EVO Evo, and its sick compared to the Generation 1 cars, which i have like 4 of...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search