Hope for JBO - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hope for JBO
Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:51 PM
The way we have all pulled together for the sake of Chris and Kasey has made me think after all that there might be hope for everyone here on the JBO...its sad that such a tradgedy had to occur for everyone to become an even closer family here, but it did, and I am proud of everyone who has stepped up and simply offered there condolences.

Even bigger props to the people who were ready to step up and donate money, it makes me proud to know that this .org is still a close knit family, so this is probably worthless, but just thought I would share that.

Re: Hope for JBO
Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:05 PM
Nah, man. This ain't worthless. Aside from the select few that may voice a negative opinion, the ORG isn't all that bad. There are plenty of good folks out there, some I hope to one day meet.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:09 PM
I am with you guys... There are a bunch of great people on here. You will never agree with everyone all of the time but when it comes to a tradgedy people as a general rule tend to pull together.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:25 PM
I agree completely. It was great to see how MOST people reacted as that whole situation developed. I happened to be awake when the pictures were originally posted and felt my heart sinking as I dug through ohio newspaper and TV websites looking for information.

Aside from the few ASSWIPES who couldn't show a little respect and keep their suck-holes shut, this was a very impressive showing of support by the entire community. This is what JBO and similar sites/organizations are SUPPOSED to be about.

For those of you that donated money, time, updates, support or even just kind words, my hat goes off to you. You are the type of people that this world and this site SHOULD be made of.

That said...

<RANT>

Those of you that decided to make this your little soapbox, or even worse, the little prick that decided to use this tragedy to try to further his argument with me....well, I think I speak for everyone involved when I say @!#$ YOU, @!#$ OFF, GET THE @!#$ OUT. Just pack your @!#$, tell Dave to delete your registry, get off the site and don't come back. You are all a negative influence on this site and it's reputation.

You took a tragedy of this scale and just rubbed it in the faces of these kids' family and friends. That is not only disrespectful and hurtful, but it's just @!#$ inhuman.

NONE of you would have the balls to say any of those things to these people in person but you've got plenty of sack sitting behind your keyboards. I would pay good money to see any one of you in the same room with their families for 5 minutes. You would deserve everything you get.

</RANT>

I think that about covers it. Those that still want to throw in a kind word, I will continue to host Chris's Guestbook as long as people will keep posting to it. Thank you to everyone that's posted so far.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:32 PM
honestly , i am happy for the overall acknowledgement the threads have gotten. despite the few people that decide now is there time to start a battle in this epidemic kinda throws me in awe. but despite that i think its great , lord knows we all sit on here daily and bicker about crap but when something of this nature comes into affect we all band together and try to do something positive.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:51 PM
JimmyZ, dont think it could have been said any better....

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:00 PM
I LOVE JBO

I do believe we do have really good people here and feel really fortuante to Google Search my way here. Thank you JBO you allowed me to meet new people and friends and I feel fortuante to be a part of our community. That's all I can say.

Hector
Promoter - Team JDF

Visit all new Team JDF Website - Team JDF Promoter

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:12 PM
JimmyZ wrote:I agree completely. It was great to see how MOST people reacted as that whole situation developed. I happened to be awake when the pictures were originally posted and felt my heart sinking as I dug through ohio newspaper and TV websites looking for information.

Aside from the few ASSWIPES who couldn't show a little respect and keep their suck-holes shut, this was a very impressive showing of support by the entire community. This is what JBO and similar sites/organizations are SUPPOSED to be about.

For those of you that donated money, time, updates, support or even just kind words, my hat goes off to you. You are the type of people that this world and this site SHOULD be made of.

That said...

Those of you that decided to make this your little soapbox, or even worse, the little prick that decided to use this tragedy to try to further his argument with me....well, I think I speak for everyone involved when I say @!#$ YOU, @!#$ OFF, GET THE @!#$ OUT. Just pack your @!#$, tell Dave to delete your registry, get off the site and don't come back. You are all a negative influence on this site and it's reputation.

You took a tragedy of this scale and just rubbed it in the faces of these kids' family and friends. That is not only disrespectful and hurtful, but it's just @!#$ inhuman.

NONE of you would have the balls to say any of those things to these people in person but you've got plenty of sack sitting behind your keyboards. I would pay good money to see any one of you in the same room with their families for 5 minutes. You would deserve everything you get.

I think that about covers it. Those that still want to throw in a kind word, I will continue to host Chris's Guestbook as long as people will keep posting to it. Thank you to everyone that's posted so far.

And this is why we love JIMMY Z
Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:19 PM
Couldn't have said it better Jimmy Z.

Ignorant arse people who think they know everything and don't know when to keep their traps shut is part of the reason I don't post much anymore... and I've been on this site for almost 4 years now. Sure there's going to be ignorant people no matter where you go... in person or on the internet... but I've just grown tired of it.

I was very happy to see that MOST people were very supportive and put personal things aside to say something nice and try to help out. That is what this site is supposed to be for. People with common interests joining together and helpin each other out, sharing some humor, whatever.

Don't know how much sense that made, I had surgery yesterday and am still kinda loopy and stuff... but I hope it did make sense...

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:27 PM
Made sense to me, Nikki

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:27 PM
I hate stupid people....... well not hate thats too strong of a word. and we are a big family HELL we have our own black sheep.^_^
JBO4EVER!!!!

TURBO4DOOR...comming to a street near you!!!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:45 PM
amen to all said!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:49 PM
Agreed

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:56 PM
It's refreshing, to say the least.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:10 PM
JimmyZ... thank you for saying what we were all thinking... some people seem to think they can say anything they want because it is their "opinion" ... but there is a time and place for everything and the Chris and Kasey thread was NOT the place to voice such an opinion... I can't believe there are people in this world who are so unfeeling towards others... but I guess it makes you appreciate the good people ...

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:04 PM
amen to that

relized that i can never win.sometimes i feel like i have faild inside.wher do i begin.my mind is laughing at me.
Friday, December 02, 2005 1:02 AM
TooHypE wrote: I LOVE JBO

I do believe we do have really good people here and feel really fortuante to Google Search my way here. Thank you JBO you allowed me to meet new people and friends and I feel fortuante to be a part of our community. That's all I can say.

Hector
Promoter - Team JDF

times a hundred million bajillion

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Friday, December 02, 2005 3:57 AM
now this is the JBO I was itroduced to and that is why I stay here for the help of others and the suport that mostly everyone show here and like jimmyz said and what Ive posted before I give props to all that have come foward and showed there suport for someone that they dont know, and knowing that they just made a new friend and for thoes that wana bring this FAMILY down there should be a way to tell them goodby and make sure that the door hits you twice as hard on the way out but on the good side of things that is what we are here for and that is what the bash is for for the love of our cars and to get to meet new people that have actualy been a part of this FAMILY for years

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Friday, December 02, 2005 6:25 AM
amen to every post in this thread. JBO is home. JBO is why I still own a cav. you'll always have your over-opinionated idiots posting retarded posts, but when it comes down to it, we have a great group of people here, that easily over shadows all the retards here.

long live the JBO

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly
click to read http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=335337&t=335337

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:50 AM
i think JBO is great.... except for the power trips by the moderators, dishing out warnings to everybody they can for retarded reasons and saying things like "suckhole"...

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:55 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:i think JBO is great.... except for the power trips by the moderators, dishing out warnings to everybody they can for retarded reasons and saying things like "suckhole"...

why don't you leave that crap out of this thread, mmm?

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:37 AM
JimmyZ wrote:I agree completely. It was great to see how MOST people reacted as that whole situation developed. I happened to be awake when the pictures were originally posted and felt my heart sinking as I dug through ohio newspaper and TV websites looking for information.

That said...

I agree with you, JimmyZ, but I also believe that everyone is entiled to their own opinon's no matter how inhumane or stupid they are.

Although what the person did was wrong and morally unacceptable, he was voicing his own opinion on a situation. Just because everyone else doesn't agree with it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to say it.

You can't go back and change the "charter or rights and freedoms". I think that is what was signed for this, not being American, I really don't know.

It truely is sad what happened to Chris and Kacey, and may God bring hope to Chris' family and comfort to Kacey's.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:33 AM
KanewtZ wrote:

That said...

I agree with you, JimmyZ, but I also believe that everyone is entiled to their own opinon's no matter how inhumane or stupid they are.

Although what the person did was wrong and morally unacceptable, he was voicing his own opinion on a situation. Just because everyone else doesn't agree with it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to say it.

You can't go back and change the "charter or rights and freedoms". I think that is what was signed for this, not being American, I really don't know.

It truely is sad what happened to Chris and Kacey, and may God bring hope to Chris' family and comfort to Kacey's.

I agree...btw, its called the Constitution
Friday, December 02, 2005 11:44 AM
JBO 4 LIFE!!!!

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:47 PM
This may sound a little hokey but I honestly love being on this site. I was told so much about this site from a member (no longer on this site I believe) when she gave me a link two years ago. Didn't know what to think when I first joined but the knowledge, information and friendliness that 98% of the people have shown to others on this site is just plain awesome. The other 2% do bother me when these individuals try to be "cool" and "get over" at the expense others, but I do my best to ignore them as others do.

I went to my first car meet a few weeks ago and to be truthful, I had low expectations going in. I thought to myself there's no way these people are the same way that they portray themselves on the net, and I was proved wrong. It was great to meet some of these people in person and witness the comraderie (probably mispelled that word) they have for a common bond. I felt great about being in such and environment and can't wait to do it again in the future.

I really never knew how serious how many people took this as being a "family' but after the events that we have all read about, I am just f labberghasted (probably mispelled that one too) at the amount of support both families have received during this tragic time. It's definitely humbling and I'm proud to be part of this "family."

I guess all I can say is:

go
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search