GM Announces Plans To Close Facilities, Slash 30,0 - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM Announces Plans To Close Facilities, Slash
Friday, November 25, 2005 6:21 PM
I spent most of this week in my shop repairing failed GM water pumps, alts, trans, also replacing that really F'ed up truck cabin air, and I still have two J's with bottom end knock on the lot. Geee, I wonder why everyone is buying Toyota and Honda????

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.

Friday, November 25, 2005 9:49 PM
Evol...??? wrote:Unions are ahuge problem in american industry today. they need to be regulated, many union members can back me on that. this past year theirs been a mass exdous of unions from the AFL-CIO...or whatever it's called. their is alot of in fighting in actual unions right now over reform. People want change, but union heads are corrupt and stubborn.

but it's not just labor, it's executive level too. GM needs to not only cut jobs from hard working americans. but seriously needs to cut the fat in it's front office. GM wastes more money on unimportant exceutive jobs and those jobs rediculous salaries than anything. and more so than the workers, the legacy costs of retired executives is even more ugly. The entire company is a big pig. they need to realize the wave of the future is "LEAN MANUFACTURING"

Also i very much agree with Goodwrench. fire the guy that ok'd the Pontiac Aztek, and not a supercharged J-body....when the sport compact market was uber hot about 3 years ago, and all the other stinker product from the last 5 or so years. as well as people that don't have a "simple" understanding of supply and demand. And i feel Wagoneer needs to be fired or forced to retire like his bloated VP staff.

At first I was happy with the locals and some Unions leaving AFL-CIO I was like good a change for the better I hope. Well the way it looks the Unions that are spinning off of AFL-CIO is doing so because they think that AFL-CIO is giving to much up to the Big Corparations and isn't fighting enough to save American Jobs. Which as a union member myself think the union need to look at it the other way to save jobs.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:17 PM
NfamousZ24 wrote:
Evol...??? wrote:Unions are ahuge problem in american industry today. they need to be regulated, many union members can back me on that. this past year theirs been a mass exdous of unions from the AFL-CIO...or whatever it's called. their is alot of in fighting in actual unions right now over reform. People want change, but union heads are corrupt and stubborn.

but it's not just labor, it's executive level too. GM needs to not only cut jobs from hard working americans. but seriously needs to cut the fat in it's front office. GM wastes more money on unimportant exceutive jobs and those jobs rediculous salaries than anything. and more so than the workers, the legacy costs of retired executives is even more ugly. The entire company is a big pig. they need to realize the wave of the future is "LEAN MANUFACTURING"

Also i very much agree with Goodwrench. fire the guy that ok'd the Pontiac Aztek, and not a supercharged J-body....when the sport compact market was uber hot about 3 years ago, and all the other stinker product from the last 5 or so years. as well as people that don't have a "simple" understanding of supply and demand. And i feel Wagoneer needs to be fired or forced to retire like his bloated VP staff.

At first I was happy with the locals and some Unions leaving AFL-CIO I was like good a change for the better I hope. Well the way it looks the Unions that are spinning off of AFL-CIO is doing so because they think that AFL-CIO is giving to much up to the Big Corparations and isn't fighting enough to save American Jobs. Which as a union member myself think the union need to look at it the other way to save jobs.

I stand by everything i've ever said. Unions need to be reformed. they've outlasted their need. they can still be a bargining party....but they need to be regulated otherwise. be proud to be union, nothing wrong with that, but realize for the most part the "organization" is totally corrupt and f'ed up. And IS a total rip-off.

They may get someone 30bucks an hour to screw in one bolt all day, or to drive cars off the line into the lot...but demanding that you get 30 bucks to do an 8 or 10 dollar and hour job is why unions are killing american business. I don't doubt there are 30 dollar an hour jobs at a GM plant...but i'm sure half or more don't require the level of skill to earn 30 bucks an hour. That cuts into cost, cost cuts into profit, profit cuts earnings, cut earnings cut jobs. THAT's why cars are made in mexico and elsewhere. Alot of import brand factories are here in the U.S. many are NOT union. they are not treated like 1930's america there. Most are very happy, and still well paid. to say any idfferent is the union brainwashing you into thinking you NEED them.

Remember you dump the union that "business" loses profit...your dues. so your damm right they'll fight to stay in your pocket. and if they have to scare you into thinking life without them would be horrible....then your right where they want you....brainwashed.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search