What Should I Do... Gimme Feedback PLZ! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What Should I Do... Gimme Feedback PLZ!
Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:28 PM
Refinance your loan and combine the payment of the two cars over three years or something like that....

Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:05 PM
hmmm wish it was that easy mike ... i really do

Monday, December 05, 2005 2:03 PM
what about a personnel loan i dont know how much you can get but that would work

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:18 AM
ya thats wat i was thinkin but my bank told me they'll onli do it for 18% an that my friend is ALOT of interest lol

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:37 AM
it is but it comes down to how much do you want it ? get a second job , pay it off sooner , or wait a few months and refinance

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:44 AM
Did you talk to them about refinancing? 18% is way to much to pay in intreset. Go to another bank and ask them what your options are. The car your buying is worth more than $4000 so securing a loan shouldnt be that hard.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:40 AM
I doubt the loan value is even 4g's on a 99 z24, loan value is way less than retail. You need to join a credit union or something, 18% is really high. Personal loans at my bank(credit union) are about half that.

How much do you own on your current car? Do you have good credit? If you were to sell your current car would you be able to pay it off and have some money left?

For one person under 25 making 2 car payments and having full coverage on 2 cars will eat you alive. I've been there, you will be eating a steady diet of ramen noodles.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 1:28 PM
haha naw man if i get this cav my bro is going to take the one i have now cuz it was originally his car he got it from the dealership i just took over a year and a half ago but i want this one now so he'll take that one back.... and my big problem is that yes the loan value is that high becuz i have NO credit history at all and that i'm a 19 year old with a recently started job so i'm not that high up on the food chain to be getting a decent loan percentage... so yea thats how it is for me 18% for this car now.... i'm thinkin of askin him to hold on to the car till next march (cuz it'll be sitting in my garage till then anyway so it doesn't realli matter all that much) and i'm pretty sure he'll hold it for me cuz he's a good friend and a close buddy for a long time so ya i dunno it's all down to whether the car is worth all the effort and money....

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:49 PM
Lol, 18% is a lot better than the 23.99% I was reamed for my first new car (I was 19 when I got it) but still 18% is really high. I think credit unions may be your best bet, they tend to be lower than banks, well at least in my area.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:18 PM
Those lights rock! Where did he get em????
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:57 PM
I dont think the lights are Cav lights though if not someone did a heck of a good job putting them in thats for sure. Kinda sucks that they didnt do anything original with the tails.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:25 PM
no he wanted it to be a honda civic front end but wanted to keep it stock from the rear which i fully plan to change but thats not till i get it under my name tho lol.... umm well all the work was done by soundspeed u can check them out at www.soundspeedsports.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:27 AM
any new pics ?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:56 AM
the onli new pic i have of it is this.... which is just a front view of it i haven't gotten one from my buddy yet with the new paint.....

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:23 AM
well guys here's the news... it turns out i was wrong the cav is a 1997 chevrolet cavalier z24 with the 2.2l motor (which has 110,000 kms... not bad for a 97 eh!) ..... sowwy i was wrong about the year and engine size....

well ya here the list of mods it has....
shaved doors with poppers, honda civic front end conversion, side and rear skirts, custom exterior and interior paint, ram air hood, z3 fenders, new rims and rubber, aluminum spoiler, new alarm system, interior gauges... and that's all i can think of now.... if i remember anything else i'll add it in...

and there is 2 problems with the car right now... there is a minor allignment problem and also i minor oil leak (due to the fact that it has been sitting for about 5 months now)

and there is a new price... he's giving me the car for $3500.00 CDN which is mainly cuz he is a good buddy of mine......

soo now that you have the info let me know is it still worth it....
Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:33 AM
Jon Stamos wrote:well guys here's the news... it turns out i was wrong the cav is a 1997 chevrolet cavalier z24 with the 2.2l motor (which has 110,000 kms... not bad for a 97 eh!) ..... sowwy i was wrong about the year and engine size....

well ya here the list of mods it has....
shaved doors with poppers, honda civic front end conversion, side and rear skirts, custom exterior and interior paint, ram air hood, z3 fenders, new rims and rubber, aluminum spoiler, new alarm system, interior gauges... and that's all i can think of now.... if i remember anything else i'll add it in...

and there is 2 problems with the car right now... there is a minor allignment problem and also i minor oil leak (due to the fact that it has been sitting for about 5 months now)

and there is a new price... he's giving me the car for $3500.00 CDN which is mainly cuz he is a good buddy of mine......

soo now that you have the info let me know is it still worth it....

If it's a 2.2L, it's not a real Z24, it's either dealer rice or mis badging.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:29 PM
well then it has to be a z24 then lol i unno man.... i think he swapped the engine or something (hence the low k's) but i'm not totally sure..... man ur sig pic is @!#$in blinding btw lol

Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:53 PM
oil leak ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would let a mechanic look at it to make sure it really is ok

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:27 PM
You know the more I look at that front end, the more those lights remind me of a Supra....I bet that is what they are.....
Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:57 PM
no sorry man they are off af a honda civic... i know they doe resemble the supra one's but they aren't... and god do i ever LOVE the front end ahah ...

well ya i will get a mechanic to look at it as soon as i take it over but i'm just tryin to figure out now how i'm going to make the payment lol my visa won't give me a bigger line of credit and i can't get a loan without a co-signer soo ya i'm kinda screwedulated lol....

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:20 PM
Ok sooo this is probably a dumb statement but I bet there was some massaging of the fenders in order to make them fit. That front end just smacks of Supra....anyhooo

L8R

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:16 PM
LMFAO WAT??????? "I bet there was some massaging of the fenders in order to make them fit."... "That front end just smacks of Supra"

i have no idea wat either of those statements mean... if you are asking if the fenders are custom.. yes they are and no it is not supra headlights it's a honda civic headlight conversion...... supra is slightly different lights....

plz reply and tell me if i guessed right about you questions... if not plz explain to me exactly wat your asking lol thanks...

Friday, December 09, 2005 2:02 PM
It was just spoken observation LOL. It resembles the front end of a lot of Supra's that I have seen. And yes, a whole lot of massaging (custom fabrication) went into making the lights fit.
Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:38 AM
ohh ok i get it now haha...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search