My last month possobly - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My last month possobly
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:37 PM
long story short im having to many issue with my 04 cav, and i cant get anything warrentied, im fed up call the chevy dealer, called the chevy 1800 number , complained a file, doing something
not much to do they broke my car , on top of my transmission grind in 3rd gear.. they gave it back to me with a kluning sound..
well the tried to give it back and on top of that they told me that they didnt have the jig that they needed to do the job, was being fixed. I say
they didnt want to do it now.. i fiqured that.. just my
luck this is the third time my car has been in to for warenty work
and the first time i had to pay outta pocket 850 or so to get them to do the work!

then the slave cycnlider failed again, fried the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and misc things associted with it.

now i have a grind in 3rd gear and 5th and i take it in for warrenty work and the
service manager basically tries to cover his ass and say that they didnt cause the klunk that i heard when they brought the car in,
basically im near going to buy CHEVY unfortunaly again.
ive been to like 4 dealers already.

im thinking about putting back all my stock stuff and trading her in..
so ill have tons of 03-05 parts available.

sorry for the rant but any ideas?, cause i know this is going to end on a good note at all?!

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?

Re: My last month possobly
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:45 PM
this wouldnt have anything to do with your "top secret mods" would it?
j/k man. i wish you luck. id hate to be in your shoes right now.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:58 PM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:

then the slave cycnlider failed again, fried the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and misc things associted with it.

What is causing it to fail?
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:35 PM
well this sucks to see you go man, good luck with everything and hopefully we'll still see you here next month. i hate to see all the good people that are leaving

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:45 PM
my only waranty experience with GM involved a broken power window motor and they were very nice about it. they never even looked up the car to see if it still had a warranty. i was actually like 50 miles past the end of the warranty. they still fixed it for free, and within a couple hours. however, i have known enough people that had similar troubles to yours to be skeptical about them. While i dont think GM is entirely bad... i dont blame you for wanting to get away from them. if you have the opportunity to get out of the cavalier without financial problems, do it. its worth it. trade that thing in.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:00 PM
looks like you need to do what you told me: that you were gonna and get another 2nd gen. rebuild "2 uniq" again.

either way, good luck bro.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:14 PM
GM like to screw you arond usually they fix the little things but when it comes to big stuff they f#$k you around ive been there and it sucks. after they get your cash they dont care thats why there going down hill. i would return it to factory leave it there and tell them dont call me untill this (insert you list here) is fixed tell them "i paid for a solid car and expect it to be. i am not satisfied with my car. the warrinty is GM'S way of saying we stand behind what we sell and you are not standing behind your porduct." then tell them you will be taking there rental untill (inset list here) is repaired.
sometimes talking to the salesmen who sold you the car can be really helpful.
rember above all be calm and polite with the staff they are more likely to help you.
if nothing else works copmlain to your better buisness breau. this will scare them because they will have to deal with you.
if it was me i would go in there say and do everything above if it didnt work i would refuse to leave untill the problem is delt with.
one final though if it gets to the point of them telling you where to go start a potation on here to boycott them when a lot of people sigh it print it take it in to them and say "look at this all of these people refuse to deal with (insert dealer name here) because of the problems i have incured with you"
good luck with it. if theres anything else let me know

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:13 AM
i know. i been there and said some of the above..
and there giving me @!#$ about it..
they basically are going to fuk me anywyas some i made my decision to get out regardless of what happens..

i could believe that this would happen. about them screwing up something and then have the balls to say they did nothing.
hello i modified the exterior of my car and lowered it on proper suspension parts and they damaged it.

i even told the lady about my two past events about the master cycnlider failing, the replace it then it happened again, they told me the grind would go away, well guess what it didnt go away go worse , so i took it back.

then all this @!#$ happened.\
i dont even want this car anymore for sure now..

SO like i said i guess im going to be sell my aftermarket stuff now..
and just get a civic even if it cost me 400 bucks a month
it still better than gett f-ed and this time around

the only thing are going to be tints, and a amp/ box maybe a hood.
DONE!
is there anyways to find out about lemon laws in my state and what constitues a lemon?

thanks guys..

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:26 AM
Dave if you are seriously getting rid of some of your stuff, let me know what your getting rid of ...

Preferably the indash .. and maybe the motor mounts.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:01 AM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:hello i modified the exterior of my car and lowered it on proper suspension parts and they damaged it.

What suspension parts have you got? Is your registry just a joke? It says R1 coilovers with KYB's.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:09 AM
holy @!#$, if there not going to cover your warrenty anyways, why dont you just find a good, low milage trans, get a new clutch set, slave cylinder, and swap everything out....you could have done that, had new everything, and still been under the 850 they charged you, and you have a trans with no probs anymore.....

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:09 AM
.JerseyKid. wrote:Dave if you are seriously getting rid of some of your stuff, let me know what your getting rid of ...

Preferably the indash .. and maybe the motor mounts.

id sell yah the n1 for 1800 installed... if i do get into the 06 civic si

Wild Weasel wrote:
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:hello i modified the exterior of my car and lowered it on proper suspension parts and they damaged it.

What suspension parts have you got? Is your registry just a joke? It says R1 coilovers with KYB's.

no i actually used the eibach sortlines and kybs instead of theose junky coilovers.

BlackWidowCavy wrote:holy @!#$, if there not going to cover your warrenty anyways, why dont you just find a good, low milage trans, get a new clutch set, slave cylinder, and swap everything out....you could have done that, had new everything, and still been under the 850 they charged you, and you have a trans with no probs anymore.....

im just plain fed up with this car in general.
i know i could do that get a trans for 400 in jersey
from pj.
but at this point im so over this car nothing but a drunk drive should plow into me.. (wishes on it)!

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:55 AM
My 04 Cavailer is about to hit 20k. I've had to have the brake rotors resurfaced, and the trunk latch fixed, ( twice for that). Had no problems at all with getting any of it done.

Maybe they see all those mods and arent going to warranty it because they figure you beat on it.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:27 PM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:
i even told the lady about my two past events about the master cycnlider failing, the replace it then it happened again

So why is it failing?
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:08 PM
i get fed up with mine every other month and try to sell it then i gt something new and change my mind again lol

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:22 PM
Lemon Laws

check this out. you might find what you need. check out part b #1. looks like you might be able to bring it back to get a brand new one.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:57 PM
Have you tried taking it back to the dealer you bought it from? A lot of times if you didn't buy it there the service dept doesn't give 2 @!#$s about you.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:06 PM
ShiftyCav wrote:Lemon Laws

check this out. you might find what you need. check out part b #1. looks like you might be able to bring it back to get a brand new one.

well it has 17 months since i originally purchased it and about 27 thousand miles..
im return it to stock on sunday and take it to another dealer...
if not im getting rid of her..

i did take it to the dealer i bought it from and they basically told me to F- off!
so who knows if the other dealer doesnt fix it i can see if i can get HOWARD from fox 5 maybe to see if he can help!
the dealer wouldnt like that at all.!

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:10 PM
i forgot to add that im kinda officially done with this car so if i cant get her fixed, then im getting a 2006 jetta or a 06 honda civic
..lool

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:15 PM
Quote:

i can see if i can get HOWARD from fox 5 maybe to see if he can help!

haha that would be funny.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:51 AM
hmmm....well welcome to the world of modding a new car 1st off, you can just forget about warranty in alot of cases....i know they arent gonna cover much when if i bring my modded car in...it's just the way it is with any car company

it doesnt sound like your car is a lemon, 3 dealer trips in 27,000 miles is not good but it's not lemon status....

are you shure these problems with your transmission are not of your own doing? like what's causing it?? I'm not saying you can't but most people i know who have tons of problems with a car (esp a manual trans issues) just plain can't drive stick, or they don't take care of anything and beat the piss out of it....is this you?

because if you buy a civic/jetta and mod it, then you break the @!#$ again guess what.....there not gonna fix it

Thursday, December 01, 2005 2:09 PM
nah i dont beat the piss out of it.. but u know what, it all relative non relative conclusions they are coming to

to be honest my modding days are done.

in maybe 2-3 years maybe ill start on another car.

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:40 AM
In canada up here our cars have a 3 year 60,000km bumper to bumper warranty. I have NEVER had a problem with my car going in for warranty work myself. But I have one of the best service departments in canada as far as I know on GM dealer stats.

If one dealer isnt giveing you satisfaction go to another one. If your under the mileage and your definately under the time warranty they should fix everything that is wrong with it. Even if it is a new engine or trans. They should fix it. And if they dont talk to the service manger and if not the dealer manager or the dealer owner. Then start making your way up through GM. Till you get to the top.

My brother had a situation with a brand new 05 dodge truck he bought a month ago. He went up so high that Dodge sent a engineer out from out east canada to the west here to have him look at the truck to deam that it was a dud off the assembly line. So they gave him a brand new truck b/c the dodge engineer told the dealer to.

So I mean there are levels you can go through. You just have to use them. Phone GM. Open a case up with them. They should inquire at the dealer what is going on. Make complaints all that stuff.

If one dealer isnt giving you satisfaction then go to another one. You know if you drop it off for work your entitled to a rental car. drive that around for a while until the dealer/gm fixes it. I think the dealer/GM will get quite mad if they find out that your driving a rental vehicle at there cost for a couple weeks and will want to know WTF is going on ya know. I'm sure if you talk to the service manager and not one of there stupid service advisors that you will get somewhere. Be sure to be polite.

Also if the dealer doesnt have the facilities to do the repairs that should be a good example to find another dealer for repairs/warranty work.

my two bits,

J
Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:26 PM
Sorry to hear that dave hope you get it taken care of, but if you decide to get rid of it i would like to buy a few items from you if that is ok.
Monday, December 05, 2005 3:06 PM
well if you really want to get rid of it you can............... write it off. just make sure its a total loss in your state. then take your pay out and buy something else. or sell the car to me cheap ill take it off your hands

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search