Anybody else had Power Steering Issues? GM =Stupid - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Anybody else had Power Steering Issues? GM =Stupid
Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:13 PM
i have an 05 sunfire. my car has 5600 miles on it. today it lost power steering on the worst day possible, because last night her e in my area of kansas city we got 10 inches of snow. i got to the dealer and they said there would be a 50% chance it would no be covered by warrenty???????? has anybody else had this porblem of there power steering going bad or having issues? i just cant believe its @!#$ up after 5600 miles. btw car is completely stock.

Re: Anybody else had Power Steering Issues? GM =St
Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:06 PM
Did they say WHY it would not be covered? You have a stock car with 5600 miles on it.... everything should be covered FREE of charge... unless its some new rule your dealer is coming up with........

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:40 PM
the steering racks in the 95-99 j bodys where really bad they went in every car. im not sure if there using the same ones

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:12 PM
they said there is a chance because if there was something sticking out of the snow that could have ripped the power steering line or something like taht then he would classify that as physical abuse. @!#$ gay but we will hope this is not the case or i will ahve a @!#$fit with the entire dealership.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:16 PM
Think of it as if you were working out. Shouldnt have a problem then.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:29 PM
read my other post maybe that will help to understand my situation

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=336384&t=336384

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search