Need some advice here..... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some advice here.....
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:05 PM
Some of you may know me but most dont...i've been on this board for about 4 years but i rarely post. Anways i need some advice from people out there. I haven't touched my car in about 8 months. I'll go start it every couple days but i'm just not into the modified car thing anymore. So i've been trying to sell it for the past few months to no sucess. Here is the link to a site i have it up on....
http://www.mautofied.com/default.asp?NavX=M2&Results=Detail&PKID=100017482

Im not advertising just showing you that it does need painted. So should i just keep trying to sell it as is or sell the body kit and stuff and put it back to stock exterior and get what i can or i could part it out completely since the motor work is worth double my asking price?

anyone that has had any experience with this your opinion's would be welcomed....thanks guys

Re: Need some advice here.....
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:16 PM
95 sunfire with 80K is worth just about nothing, moding a car makes it worth less, having it 3-4 different colors brings the value down to next to nothing... my advise pout it as stock as possible and part it out, you will make more money back liek that

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:19 PM
in my experance modded cars arnt worth @!#$..... sorry to break it to you. most people dont want them and usually the people who do just cut them up for the parts. second. the mileage is pretty low which is good,but the car is 10 years old in the eyes of car shopers.
if it was mine i would chop it up sell everything off and try to make some of your money back. or at the very least paint it and it will give it more appeal to modded buyers who want a car thats done.
thats just my 2 cents

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:20 PM
Yea i figured that was going to be the way to go.....what about all the motor work? chaulk it up as a lose?
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:23 PM
Trust me i know modded cars are worth less its nothing new to me....i just have never personally sold on so i want to see what the best way is. I could have it painted but do you guys think that will be worth it?
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:47 PM
if you have the stock parts getting the aftermarket stuff painted isn't woth it

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:35 PM
i personally think that if you got it painted, someone would buy it. If there is nothing wrong with it, then I think you could sell it. you could always get an earl scheib paint job or something. I actually want it but my husband says that we cant afford the monthly payments for another car (insurance) so thats why Im not offering you something for it. I would say paint it, and see how it goes. just my opinion though

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Friday, December 09, 2005 4:35 AM
95GtFire wrote:Yea i figured that was going to be the way to go.....what about all the motor work? chaulk it up as a lose?

Your probably going to have to take a hit on the engine work. No one is going to pay much over blue book on a 10 year old car. No matter what mods you have.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:57 AM
Darkstars wrote:if you have the stock parts getting the aftermarket stuff painted isn't woth it

Yea its kinda risky to put a grand into the paint job and i wouldn't think i'm going to make that back out of it....
Friday, December 09, 2005 10:12 PM
Friday, December 09, 2005 10:24 PM
thats not a bad looking car... just paint it and keep it, lol.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:37 AM
not a bad looking car. if i had money sitting around i'd buy it, but not for that price

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:07 PM
I have a 95 GT... how bout we swap motors so you can put it back to stock? (j/k)

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:17 PM
if you were in canada i would be interested.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search