Would you buy it? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Would you buy it?
Sunday, November 27, 2005 4:11 PM
I paid $6,600 for my 03 in january of 04, with less than 3k miles on it.

I still don't see the logic in buying this car. But hey, it's your money, and if you're happy, then i'm happy for ya I suppose.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 4:49 PM
Congrats

Even though technically you're going to end up paying back $11,886.60 which is a little over $800 more than what you paid for your '04, I don't see how you gained on this deal, other than the extended warranty which looked to be a big selling point with you.

But if you're happy with the purchase that's all that matters
Sunday, November 27, 2005 4:50 PM
One more question....

Will you be changing your name to nasty05cav now, lol.
Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:54 PM
Why are you worried about a warranty when you are going to be doing a bunch of mods that will most likely void the warranty?
Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:08 PM
Quote:

Will you be changing your name to nasty05cav now, lol.

LOL, I didnt think of that, I guess i'll have to.

Quote:

Why are you worried about a warranty when you are going to be doing a bunch of mods that will most likely void the warranty?

The only thing that get voided is the aftermarket part. Im not worried about the exhaust or intake, more like the tranny and engine.

IM happy with the car.
And thank you every one for your input. I appreciate it alot.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:41 PM
nasty04cav wrote:
And thank you every one for your input. I appreciate it alot.

Why? You didn't listen to anyone?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:27 PM
i would of put a turbo on the old one or something..lol not saying you do but i know people who constantly trade cars like this youll be in debt very much. i personally would never buy a car unless i could pay for it in full. And why would they take ur car if the one they bought was YELLOW and hard to sell.. what makes them think a car a year older and YELLOW will be any easier to sell?..lol hope it all works out for u tho man

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:01 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Wait a moment... you owe $7300 now and you're willing to owe $11000 on a car that's only a year newer?

So you'll pay nearly $4000 to knock a year off the age of your car? There's got to be more to this story than you're telling. What's wrong with your car?

i have vote#2 on this notion

mecp certified installer#39272

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:23 PM
Not sure what the true motivation here is...but this doesn't sound that financially smart.

I'd keep the one you got, take care of it, and be debt free sooner. That's the goal isn't it? Less debt?

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:37 PM
nasty04cav wrote:The only thing that get voided is the aftermarket part. Im not worried about the exhaust or intake, more like the tranny and engine.

no offense bro, but if you think that an intake and a header wont void your engine (and tranny at that, its all considered POWERTRAIN), then you need to step back and look at the situation again. sure, your bumpers and radio and interior and paint will be covered, but i HIGHLY doubt a blown engine will be covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:58 PM
Quote:

Not sure what the true motivation here is...but this doesn't sound that financially smart.

I dont get why people say this, I owe less on the new 05 than I did on my new 04. whats not smart?? I can afford it anyway.

Quote:

no offense bro, but if you think that an intake and a header wont void your engine

Actually I know it wont.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:04 PM
Claims processors know that a certain percentage of consumers will never pursue a denied claim. This numbers game often leads to erroneous "mistakes" for valid claims. The onus then falls to the consumer to fight for what might rightly be theirs in the first place.

Aftermarket parts are one reason for carmakers to deny a warranty claim. Any non-factory components that's anywhere near a failed original-equipment part can be fingered as a reason for claim denial. If this happens to you, begin by reviewing the written warranty and asking for clarifications of any legalese you don't understand. Federal law protects consumers against unjust warranty denials. The mere presence of an aftermarket part isn't a lawful reason for denial—the aftermarket part must be part of the reason for the otherwise-warranted failure.

A knowledgeable third party can help refute a dealer's assertion that the aftermarket part played a part in the original part's failure. Contact the manufacturer of the aftermarket part to see if they're aware of similar situations and, if so, what happened in those cases. The company might point out fine print on their products' literature that addresses OE warranties. The aftermarket manufacturer might also be able to supply a technical assessment of the problem to support your case.

Researching the problem can reveal if it's prevalent in the vehicle. Dealerships aren't always forthcoming about pattern-failure malfunctions. Manufacturers publish Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for dealerships, detailing remedies for recurring problems. For significant defects, the government will mandate a recall, which requires the carmaker to notify customers of the defect and explain the procedure for getting the problem fixed. Recall and TSB information is listed at the web sites below. Also, the EPA gets involved in emissions-systems matters while the NHTSA addresses safety issues.

Basically, the more documentation you can compile to support your argument, the better chance you have of ultimately prevailing. Helpful items include photos of the damaged parts, vehicle-maintenance and repair records, pattern-failure info mentioned above and a written opinion on the possible causes of the problem from a qualified expert. Of course, you should also save all correspondence with the dealer, especially their written explanation of why the original claim was denied.

Often, a persuasive dossier of documents supporting your stance will convince the dealer's service manager to either take care of the problem or suggest a compromise. Failing satisfaction at the level, approach the owner of the dealership. The owner might present your evidence to the manufacturer and persuade the carmaker to reimburse the dealer for the repairs as warranty coverage. You might actually be doing both a favor in the long run.

The next step toward satisfaction is to contact the manufacturer's zone representative. The vehicle's owner's manual should have a customer-service number that can refer you to this person. Present all of your evidence to the zone rep, who's probably aware of certain dealerships' histories concerning customers' complaints. If this still doesn't produce satisfactory results, contact the manufacturer directly. (See contact information in the "Resolving Warranty Disputes" article.) If the manufacturer won't take care of the problem, be sure to save all correspondence, especially the refusal letter that explains their assessment of how the aftermarket part caused the problem.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:14 PM
uh, like that says anything about part specifics and what its referenced to? you modified the engine to produce more power that was out of the factory specs, hence, not under warranty. plain and f'n simple.

also, its not sound because while yes, you are paying less than your previous car note, you are now paying 5 YEARS vs the FOUR you had left (at the present).

i congratulate you on your new purchase, and i'm sure you're happy. it might not have been the best option, but it wasn't necessarily a "bad" option.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:16 PM
Viper98912 wrote:uh, like that says anything about part specifics and what its referenced to? you modified the engine to produce more power that was out of the factory specs, hence, not under warranty. plain and f'n simple.

i posted too quick.

in terms of the engine itself*

yes, like i said, if your radio breaks, it'll be covered, etc.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:25 PM
good luck with collecting any warrenty with ANY mods. my 98 fire is completly stock and they did not want to cover because my car is a 5 spd and thought i drove it hard.....i spent a month yelling and screaming at the ext warr. company to cover. a tranny here is worth 3300 beans.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:12 PM
I dont know about your dealers but the one I go to does not nit pick at sh*t.
Ive been to the dealer for my 04 ( five times) with aftermarket parts for warranty work and they said nothing about it.

Also there is a law about after market parts. Im to tired to search for it but basically the only thing that get voided is that aftermarket part. for example. When I finish my exhaust, it will not be under warranty. Im sure some one will post that law for me

Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:37 PM
i would of got it to i got a 01 cavyz24 the guy charged me $10,000 it had 24,000 miles and all power i love this car but i still fell like i got riped off

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:26 PM
If I had a 04 that had been in the shop 5 times for warranty work, I'd definitely be looking for a different type of car...

My 02 LS Sport has never had a problem and has never been back to the dealer for warranty work.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:38 AM
nasty04cav wrote:Also there is a law about after market parts. Im to tired to search for it but basically the only thing that get voided is that aftermarket part. for example. When I finish my exhaust, it will not be under warranty. Im sure some one will post that law for me

damn man how thick is your head to not be able to understand that law? i've explained a zillion times already in this post.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:51 AM
Quote:

damn man how thick is your head to not be able to understand that law? i've explained a zillion times already in this post.

If your gunna be a a$$hole, dont f'n post pal. But your clueless on the law.So how THICK is you head.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:50 AM
alright, but this so called "law" (which is the magnuson moss act btw, since u cant find it) feel free to read up on it, and what it means (because political mumbo jumbo has too many fancy words in it)

but yes, i will wait for your post in your future titled "GM SUCKS BALLS WONT HONOR WARRANTY" stating "I'm gonna sue the company because they wont honor my warranty on the engine that went out, but the only thing i have it on it is an intake, tb, and header, how does that void my engine warranty? gm sucks balls because they wont honor the engine"

i'll be waiting.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:46 AM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:yeah when they are usually in auctions they are usually messed up, body or engine wise. check it out good.

thats no way near true.. cars that have a hard time selling or even demo models get sent to the auction many times just to get rid of them to make more room at a dealer..

and viper, thats not completely true either... unless the modification can be proven to cause the defect or issue of warranty, the service shall be covered free of charge..that also depends on the dealer thou... and secondly if his motor did blow up from those mods, he'd be an idiot not to put the stock stuff back on and have it towed to the dealer..

perfect example, 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege turbo, buddy of mine still owns it... he turned up his boost from the stock 6psi to a whopping 21psi with no other modifications besides EBC... its ran quite fine all summer until he blew it up racing one night.. it blew 12, yes i said 12! holes in the block of the motor.. we brought the car to stock and had it towed to the mazda dealer, everything was replaced under full warranty without any questions.. dealer claimed the coolant line jammed and the turbo over spooled to blow the motor? lol...granted it runs like @!#$ now, he even got the axels replaced while still lowered last weekend..

no arguments here, i understnad wat everyones saying.. could care less about him buyin the car, it was a waste of money more than everything.. shoulda made ya bltch learn how to drive stick man..

-marc

bahh its boosted
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search