Sport Compact Pro sponsorship....LMAO - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sport Compact Pro sponsorship....LMAO
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:19 AM
OK, before I start, I KNOW ITS A SCAM......................but i thought this was quite funny

last night I got a call from SCP, and the guy says they wanna give me a $12,000 sponsorship, all i had to do was pay $80 or something like that. So i was like, "ummm, can you explain the details to me?"

he starts talking as i hold back my laughter, and when he was done, i told him id have to think about it and id call him back........or in laymens terms.....good bye.

so it got me thinking....usually you would have to sign up at one of those sites to get a call..right??

ive never signed up for that crap before, and im curious where he got all this info about my car...and where the hell did he get my phone number...

anyone else get these calls without signing up?? i could see if i did signup, but wtf..

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Re: Sport Compact Pro sponsorship....LMAO
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:48 AM
They're trying to take over the world. They're visiting sites and calling up everybody who looks like a sucker. Guess they thought you were too.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:08 AM
welcome to the world of buying and selling customer lists... you sign up for one company and give them your info, they add that info to a list of clients and sell that list to other companies for $$$ cha-ching. wham splat, your name is out there for any schmuck to try and sucker.

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:15 AM
I gave them your info haha, jk....

That is kinda weird tho...

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:31 AM
Quote:

I gave them your info haha, jk....

Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:56 PM
i got one a few years back. there trying to tell me they wanted my car so a show or something. they went on how they really wanted my car. so i let this guy go on for like 10 min. then i told him i drive a 99 sedan totally stock......... he hung up.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:42 PM
if somebody offered me a $12,000 scholarship on the terms that i pay them $80, id tell them to just give me $11,920 and call it even... then he wouldnt know what to say because obviously he wouldnt be making profit off the scam and he cant admit it is a scam, so he'd probably hang up.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:29 AM
sounds mighty shady. What people do for the love of money.......

Absolute Finest President
www.AbsoluteFinest.net
www.cnfxperformance.com

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:04 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:if somebody offered me a $12,000 scholarship on the terms that i pay them $80, id tell them to just give me $11,920 and call it even... then he wouldnt know what to say because obviously he wouldnt be making profit off the scam and he cant admit it is a scam, so he'd probably hang up.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, December 18, 2005 11:23 AM
haha, saw this on cardomain, thought it was pretty funny.

i know cardomain asks for a telephone number, not sure if you gave them yours or not, but it could be where they got it from.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 11:43 AM
THIS JUST IN!!!

The National Examiner did an article on SCP this month! I saw the picture on the cover while in the checkout line at the grocery store!!

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:39 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:39 PM
cannon fodder wrote:haha, saw this on cardomain, thought it was pretty funny.

i know cardomain asks for a telephone number, not sure if you gave them yours or not, but it could be where they got it from.

Lol, I see that same message banner just about everytime I check my yahoo e-mail.
Monday, December 19, 2005 6:06 AM
JimmyZ wrote:THIS JUST IN!!!

The National Examiner did an article on SCP this month! I saw the picture on the cover while in the checkout line at the grocery store!!

LMFAO,

but i never give my real phone number when i sign up for anything that requires it..

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:54 AM
Eazy (no switches no bitches) wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:THIS JUST IN!!!

LMFAO,

but i never give my real phone number when i sign up for anything that requires it..

i always give the number to my old house. the people who own the house now probably hate me cuz they just took over the phone number.

they get calls from everywhere

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:13 PM
i got that same offer, i questioned the guy a little more. they dont give you 12,000 to go buy stuff. they tell you who to buy from and give you a discount. actual discount depends on the manufacturer. but to save that 12,000 you have to spend lik 40,000. and the discount expires in one year, then they want another $80. i told the guy that i sold the car. and hung up. i hope noone falls for this crap. the minimal discount they get you, you could get by getting the sales guy at the local speed shop drunk and order through him..............
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:25 PM
I found several similar sites, but this company has a storefront too so maybe that makes them a little more legit. You can go to their website or to their store and pay a membership fee (starts at like $35) and then you can buy anything they carry at a discount.

Sam's Club
Costco/Price Club
BJ's Wholesale Club

I am endlessly amused by the people that think someone would actually sponsor a stock car. Anyone who would buy into this actually has no idea what a sponsorship is, or what car shows are all about.

Once again...

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:04 PM
i see this sentra driving aorund al the time wiht the decals from sport compact pro..i laugh ym ass off everytie i see it. i'm surpirised i ahvent gotten into any accidents yet bc i was laughing so hard.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:09 PM
Sport Compact Pro called me, and just to see what it was all about I went with it. I know the "discounts" suck, but I have a legal binding contract in my hand that they must follow through on (even if it is only 5, and by god they sure as hell will for me!! I don't mind spending the money to ensure they follow through, cause there are idiots who believe the whole story and will just back down when it blows up in their face. Besides, I'm in the military and get free legal services if they screw me over!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:11 PM
Michael Koehler wrote:Sport Compact Pro called me, and just to see what it was all about I went with it. I know the "discounts" suck, but I have a legal binding contract in my hand that they must follow through on (even if it is only 5, and by god they sure as hell will for me!! I don't mind spending the money to ensure they follow through, cause there are idiots who believe the whole story and will just back down when it blows up in their face. Besides, I'm in the military and get free legal services if they screw me over!!

sucker

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:30 PM
yeah, I wont argue with you. Could of saved the money knowing what they do, but WTF, why not?

I'll even call myself a sucker.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:42 PM
well at least you've got your head up and are prepared for necessary legal action. most people are blind to this stuff.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:32 AM
Michael Koehler wrote:Sport Compact Pro called me, and just to see what it was all about I went with it. I know the "discounts" suck, but I have a legal binding contract in my hand that they must follow through on (even if it is only 5, and by god they sure as hell will for me!! I don't mind spending the money to ensure they follow through, cause there are idiots who believe the whole story and will just back down when it blows up in their face. Besides, I'm in the military and get free legal services if they screw me over!!

I really hope you do your research on parts before buying through these scammers.

A 5% discount from retail pricing is probably still way higher than prices you can get from a reputable dealer so if you "make them follow through" then you'll likely just be putting more wasted money in their pockets.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:32 PM
I already know what parts I need for the upcoming year, and very few of their "Co-Op" sponsors have the parts for a cav. So who do I request they go through?? Why Gravana of course, who will offer me a good discount knowing that SCP will pay off the rest anyhow!! Thats my plan for now, we'll see how it goes.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:45 PM
Michael Koehler wrote:I already know what parts I need for the upcoming year, and very few of their "Co-Op" sponsors have the parts for a cav. So who do I request they go through?? Why Gravana of course, who will offer me a good discount knowing that SCP will pay off the rest anyhow!! Thats my plan for now, we'll see how it goes.

Just be a little on the careful side. . . . for example . . . .

Say... you find a part which you like... MSRP is say 1000$ you go to SCP and tell them you want that part for your car. They will turn around and tell you that MSRP is 2000$ and we will pay for 50% of it which brings you back down to good ol MSRP of 1000$ which you could have gotten on your own . . . .

TRUST ME I know how it works for them..... I can give you more first hand examples if you wish..........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search