classified scam - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
classified scam
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:26 PM
well someone wants to duy my wheels in the classifieds and they are overseas. he wants to do the i pay you too much and you will return the unused ammount to me. @!#$. ive never been through this so what should i look out for and how does this scam work. i searched and found nothing. thanks

-eker

Re: classified scam
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:33 PM
Don't do it, sounds retarded. Try and let a premium member buy them or someone who posts on here regularly.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:38 PM
When you clicked on the button to place your ad in the classified section, this is what you saw:
Quote:

Warning to Sellers
If you receive a message advising you that someone would like to purchase your item from overseas, please be extremely cautious. This is a common scam, and the scammers target this site often. The message will state that you will be paid by check for more then your advertised amount, and you will return the extra amount with your shipment. THIS IS A SCAM! Remember to take any and all necessary precautions to protect yourself against fraud. If in doubt, search through the forums on this site, many fraud topics have already been covered in the past.
Can't get much clearer than that.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:29 AM
It can get a little clearer.

JimmyZ wrote:Remember to take any and all necessary precautions to protect yourself against fraud. If in doubt, search through the forums on this site, many fraud topics have already been covered in the past.

I just want to clarify that point. It's not implying that there are precautions you can take to ensure the transaction goes smoothly and you'll get paid. The only precaution to be taken is to simply not deal with the person. There's no value in even responding to the email.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search