Anybody know a Jones Rowland??? - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Anybody know a Jones Rowland???
Monday, December 26, 2005 5:17 PM
alright i put a cavalier 95 4dr in the classified section a while ago, i was only asking $500 for the car and it doesnt run and i put my email. well this guy wanted the car right away before asking any pictures and asked if i took money orders, and wanted a mailing address and my full name. well today i got my mail and their is 4 money orders for $700 each, so $2,800????? and he told me he will send enought to cover shipping.

I havent gone to the bank yet and seen if the checks are real or not but they look real, and i showed my uncle which is a cop and worked at a bank for years and he said that it is also real.

i was just curious if anybody has heard of this guy or if its happend to you??

seems like a SCAM!

Re: Anybody know a Jones Rowland???
Monday, December 26, 2005 5:20 PM
its a scam bro , any offer involving you to send back money is a scam

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:28 PM
no he doesnt want money back!

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:30 PM
He's a neighbor of mine.

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:37 PM
cash them checks

http://www.myspace.com/crdaonline Ecotec and 5 speed swap
Monday, December 26, 2005 5:50 PM
Bomex03Cavalier (1CAV2NV) Online- seriously man? i just dont know if its real or not!

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:52 PM
cash the checks and make sure they clear before you do anything

Monday, December 26, 2005 6:05 PM
Scam or no scam that is still alot of money just to cover the expense of shipping a car. It only costs about 600 to 1000 to ship a car. Most places charge only like 700.

Monday, December 26, 2005 6:19 PM
BroughtDownKustomz (Blue Ace) wrote:Bomex03Cavalier (1CAV2NV) Online- seriously man? i just dont know if its real or not!

This is exactly how you fell for this.........

Bomex is only kidding, Jones Rowland is my dad and I live nowhere near Bomex, I'll have him call you tomorrow to sort this out.

Monday, December 26, 2005 6:46 PM
@!#$ my appologies i must of read it wrong tell your dad im sorry about that joe

Monday, December 26, 2005 7:05 PM
When you list an item in the classifieds, the FIRST SCREEN you see is this:
Quote:

Warning to Sellers
If you receive a message advising you that someone would like to purchase your item from overseas, please be extremely cautious. This is a common scam, and the scammers target this site often. The message will state that you will be paid by check for more then your advertised amount, and you will return the extra amount with your shipment. THIS IS A SCAM! Remember to take any and all necessary precautions to protect yourself against fraud. If in doubt, search through the forums on this site, many fraud topics have already been covered in the past.
If you have to ask yourself "am I being scammed", you probably are. This has been covered, recovered, posted, reposted, debated and beat to death in these forums. Please search in the future.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search