Not Impressed . . . - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Not Impressed . . .
Friday, January 06, 2006 1:56 PM
Well, I tried waiting, but now I'm irritated. I'm always seeing all these posts and topics here at this place about "how great aplus" is and how "nice and quick Jason is". Is it just me? Is there something I did wrong and the guy just doesn't like me?? As of now, I think Aplus is a company I'll never go through again for anything. I'll explain . . .

People continually say how fast Jason ships. PRIORITY MAIL IS NOT FAST SHIPPING! I recently ordered shift boots for my car. I figured,"hey, cool, they make them for my car, why not!". I bought an e-brake boot and it took a little over a week to get here. There was no "fast" shipping going on here. It was sent just normal mail. I had to send the boot back and ordered another one of a different color and a shift boot to match. My Paypal payment was accepted on December 18th. The 18th! Yet here I sit with still, NO boots. I had to e-mail Aplus at first to even get a response when they were going out, and I get told there was a delay because the materials ran low and they had to get new ones (which is 100% understandable), and also, the material person took days off . . . Just cause someone took days off is not my problem, and as the customer, I shouldn't have to wait for my product because of it.

With that said, where are my boots? Today being the 6th, and I still don't have them. What the hell is the delay? I'll tell you, its cause of the shipping service! My product gets delayed cause of someone taking days off and the holidays (Christmas Day, New Years), and yet I get stuck having nothing. Now I understand those two holiday's don't count, along with Sunday's, but still. With holidays coming up, and "people taking days off", the shipping service should have been kicked up a notch to fix the issue, but it wasn't. So saying it simply, I'm not impressed with Aplus at all. Just the fact that he told me they were going out on a friday, yet a full week later they still aren't here doesn't say much.

Now, before anyone asks why the hell I brought the issue to here, I'll tell ya. I always see the topics about everyone praising him, and saying how great the service is, and how "fast" they are, yet you never see topics like this one. My expieriance with Aplus has been a wreck, and has really just pushed me away from future sales. Hell, the Altezza lights I want are listed at like $140 on his site, yet my friend just bought his for $74 (with shipping) brand new in the box. So just the service, prices, etc just aren't doing anything for me. Sorry, but if people can praise APlus as much as they want and give their opinions, then I can give my own opinion and expieriance as well. I wouldn't recommend them.

*Gets ready for a war over this* -_-

Re: Not Impressed . . .
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:02 PM
I give all my praise to Jason. He has did nothing but great things to me....
You, my friend, need to get a life!

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:03 PM
Your first problem is your worried about ordering things like altezza tailights, and stubby aentennas, if you want to get those items quickly just go to your local auto zone.

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:05 PM
did you try calling him, he always answers the phone?

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:07 PM
I just purchased something off of him and I usually could find him online. At the bare minimum, he's on much of the day on AIM, and I've never had problems contacting him. If he wasn't on, I just waited and checked back later.

With that said, I found him to be quite flexible,willing to work with the customer, and open to resolve any problem that may arise with my order...

What have you done to resolve the issue? All I see are complaints of shipping and manufacturing (neither of which I believe are the fault of A Plus) and I don't see any attempt by you at a resolution...?

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:08 PM
Well thats a pretty high expectation you have there for Jason. December 18th is just 6 days before a holiday (not to mention a sunday). So if Jason needed materials and the materials guy couldn't get it or was on vacation, then it really isn't Jason's fault.

I'm sure if you asked Jason for a refund, he would have given you one immediately. Not counting the holidays (at least 5 days, christmas eve, christmas, new years eve, new years day, and day after new years day), minus the fact you ordered on a sunday, you've been waiting a whole 13 days. Minus the other weekend thats in there (not a lot of material shops or shipping happens on the weekend), you've been waiting 11 days. Not unreasonable if you ask me.

I ordered a body kit at the beginning of December from a member and I've yet to see it, in fact he hasn't even shipped it out yet. I also waited over 4 months for something to get shipped to me from somebody who is less than 8 hours away. I think you're expectations during the holiday season are a little high.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:10 PM
Damn 4/5 replys in like minutes. That impresses me, lol

Bomex, how exactly do I need to get a life? Cause I'm complaining about a delay like crazy? Seems ridiculous to specifically flame me cause Aplus has treated me like garbage.
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:10 PM
Funny how this guy's occupation is "Occupation: Customer Service"

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:13 PM
Oh give me a break. Now you are going to flame specific things about me. YOU need to get a life. You aren't going to add anything else to this discussion other then bulls*it cause I flamed your boyfriend. What a joke . . .
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:16 PM
Bomex and Exodus-

Both of you can keep the personal attacks out of this thread if you want to keep it from getting locked.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:17 PM
if you dont pay extra for shipping then it will be sent snail mail(priorty mail) which is close to a week. then take in effect holidays and weekends, you havent been waiting that long. he had to wait till he got it back when you sent it then send another one out. if you wanted it sooner then you should see about paying extra for next day, or 2-day service.

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:20 PM
I have to make specific replys cause they are coming too fast, lol

Jay: I have to order stuff like that online. Around here I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Shifted: I do understand that the holidays can cause issues, but business's are only closed on Christmas Day and usually New Years Day. So thats only two days, and also counting Sunday's too. If there were all these delays with running short on material and people taking days off, don't you think it would've been fair send the items a better way to fix the problem?

Pork Chop: I sent e-mails, but I didn't try calling. Generally the problem isn't with the items themselves or a payment or whatnot, its cause of the shipping. I wouldn't want a full refund over a shipping ussue. You still trust that a member is going to ship it to you after not seeing it for a month? The way I see things, if you pay for items and shipping, it should be sent out as soon as possible. I mean, you bought the items cause you wanted it, then why shouldn't you get it if you are paying for everything? Thats the way I see thigns anyways? There isn't exactly a resolution. Its all said and done, and I don't even know when the things will get here. The point of the topic is just to say that now everyone is 100% with Aplus. Thats all really . . .
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:22 PM
You make it sound as if just for the privelege of doing business with you he should send out your parts FedEx next day morning delivery. I'm curious...how much extra did you pay A-Plus for "faster shipping"?

I'm with Jay on this one...if you want instant gratification on parts like altezzas and BS interior dressup, go to Autozone and buy it. If his prices "aren't doing anything for you", then WHY did you order from him? Or are you one of the people that do no research, order from wherever, THEN complain when you feel you've been "ripped off" because you didn't do your homework?

Jason has shown himself to be nothing but the most respectable of business people here on JBO, and his reputation more than precedes itself. If you're going to complain about shipping delays over the holidays or getting your altezzas a few days late, or ESPECIALLY complain about prices LONG AFTER placing an order, sory but the complaints are gonna fall on deaf ears.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:23 PM
its 99.9% now

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Aplus has treated me like garbage"... You emailed about them, and I replied asap.

The shift & e-brake boots are custom made by an upholstery shop, which is about 60 minutes from us... so we don't see each other daily or even weekly. All boots are custom made to order, unless we happen to have the specific color already made up. We only stock the common black/silver colors.

The upholstery shop didn't alert me of the blue material shortage until a few days after we got the order (around 21st-22nd of Dec.). At that time they had the order in with their supplier to get more of that blue color. They received that material sometime during the last week in Dec. and the boots were made within a day or two.

I don't remember specifically what days he took off, but I know he said he was out of the shop for 3 days during this time. I can't control when a shop or company gives vacations or has time off.

Shipping to us from the upholstery shop takes 2 days for some odd reason, even though it's only an hour away. Earlier today I did confirm with him that the boots did go out (to us), and we're expecting them Saturday.

Once I receive them, they'll immediately leave via USPS Priority Mail.

Enjoy!

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:24 PM
Yellow Rimed One: Initially my problem was that I listened to what people said here. Topics and posts I've read about people who got things from Aplus said he had "fast shipping". I assumed it was something such as UPS, FedEx, etc. Given, thats my mistake, I should have double checked first off. It just makes me wonder how everyone else got things so "fast" from the company, yet I'm not exactly too far away from where they are located, and mine are delayed.

Forum Mod: Thanks for ending that problem. You don't hate me, yay!
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:26 PM
I don't know of any performance shop or audio shop thats open on christmas eve, new years eve, and the day after new years (hell the post office wasn't even open day after new years, it was a holiday for all shipping services).

Either way, you really haven't been waiting very long, if you think its a shipping problem, then why are you ripping on Jason, and not USPS, UPS, DHL, or the shipping companies? They are the one's who are taking the days off and causing whatever problems you seem to be having... Shipping always takes longer around the holidays, especially things sent via economy or the lower shipping rates.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:27 PM
I have had nothing but excellent experiences from Jason.

Sad that the one person who maybe got a little delayed has to come in here and put a little tarnish on an otherwise polished reputation.

Threads like this should simply be deleted IMMEDIATELY.

Why allow this at all? It is an outside matter, has nothing to do with JBO.

Jason pays money to run GPs in here, so I should think that JBO OWES it to him to help keep his name from being dragged through the mud.

If a company paid money to a TV station to run commercials, thers no WAY that station would allow someone to come on the air and trash one of their sponsors.

No offense, Dave. Just a thought from someone who has also been on the receiving end of customer servive issues that are put out for all to read...
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:28 PM
first of all.... everybody makes mistakes, nobody is perfect. he has a long standing reputation for good service, so i can garuntee you that any delays or problems are out of his control or are simple mistakes. he doesnt screw people over.

second of all... a lot of the stuff he sells he doesnt actually carry in stock himself. he has them shipped from the manufacturer. for example the keystone spoiler i just ordered from him. so if the manufacturer is out of them, has them on backstock, or is being slow to ship, all Jason can do is push them to go faster. he cant go get it himself and bring it to your house.

the reason aplus gets rave reviews is because of his personal attention to customers. its not a big company of nameless and faceless souls out to get your money... when i ordered my spoiler i contacted jason himself, and he contacted me back personally. very quickly, i might add.

call him and talk to him in person. he's a nice guy, he'll do what he can. you really should have done that before you got on here and chastised him.

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:29 PM
I ordered a shift boot from him also just before Dec. and recieved it a little later than I expected, but I called him and he told me what was going on and told me when it was going to be here. He was right and he was always nice and professional about it. I would do business with him again in a heartbeat.

11.945 @ 113.10
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:30 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Yellow Rimed One: Initially my problem was that I listened to what people said here. Topics and posts I've read about people who got things from Aplus said he had "fast shipping". I assumed it was something such as UPS, FedEx, etc. Given, thats my mistake, I should have double checked first off. It just makes me wonder how everyone else got things so "fast" from the company, yet I'm not exactly too far away from where they are located, and mine are delayed.

When we say "fast-shipping" we mean "quickly to be shipped" not that he ships products out 'super-extra fast' as a standard...

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:31 PM
Well Aplus, if there are so many delays like you mentioned now, why didn't you e-mail me about it??? Don't you think it would've been useful to alert the customer if there was going to be so many delays?

Jimmy: Its like I mentioned before, I haven't seen one AutoZone or car place around here that sells things like Antennas and Altezzas and what not. I figured the best bet is online. I just used the Altezza's as an example, I didn't buy them from him, I just used that as a price example.

Shifted: Around here most business were open on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Hell, working for UPS myself, shipping still moves on those days. Just not Christmas Day & New Years Day. Its like I mentioned though, I assumed it would be sent a different service other then Priority mail. Everyone said it was "fast" shipping, but it really isn't. As for not looking into the different methods, there was none to choose from.
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:35 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Topics and posts I've read about people who got things from Aplus said he had "fast shipping". I assumed it was something such as UPS, FedEx, etc.
When people say fast shipping from a vendor, that usually means the vendor actually ships the product out asap....not they they ship it via overnight. So if a vendor were to get product in hand on Monday morning, fast shipping means it makes it onto the delivery truck by COB Monday instead of Wednesday or Thursday.

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:36 PM
Well, alright, judging from what people say, maybe I am jumping the gun a little too quick. I should have called, but with the hours I work, places like this are never usually open when I get off. Maybe if I had looked a little better, I could have gotten a response. I just don't see why I couldn't get an e-mail or something else that said there would be so many delays.

Blue Cav: People post reviews and expieriances all the time, this is no different. The reason it has started such a huge thing though is that its a negative review this time. If somethign like mine isn't allowed, why should the positive ones be?
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:50 PM
this is a perfect example of someone needing to contact the seller to get things straightened out and questions answered

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search