Not Impressed . . . - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Not Impressed . . .
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:51 PM
^^ have you ever called Jason just to check up on the ordered product? That is what most people do, especially if not received within a certain amount of time. Take responsibility for your own actions and learn from them. Gggessshhh, you work in customer service, you know how people want to be treated. And I'm 100% positive you tell people to check up on their order.

Summary: Give him a call and check up on the product if you have not received it wining a reasonable amount of time.

dan

"I refuse to talk to my wife, as long as there is a TV in this house". Al Bundy

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:52 PM
Sounds like your issues aren't with APlus itself, it's with the shipping, holidays, and the manufacturer. Like said above a lot of places are closed christmas eve, christmas, new years eve, new years day, and day after new years day, not all, but a lot. People go a visit family during the holidays, and they have a lot of orders to fill for the holidays.

Now about how you say the tail lights on his site are so much more expensive than the ones your friend got, what brand did your friend buy? You can't just compare prices of things like that. You pay for quality.

And like Porkchop said, when people say he ships fast, they mean it's sent out very quickly.

I have never dealt with Jason myself, but so many people on this site have, and this is the very first complaint I've heard. It sounds you are just very impatient for one, and you got stuck in a weird chain of events that are not Jason's fault at all, but you just decided to blame him anyways.
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:00 PM
wining = within

dan

"I refuse to talk to my wife, as long as there is a TV in this house". Al Bundy
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:10 PM
Like I said several times already, I didn't call. I figured e-mails would do the trick, specially since he had mine. I didn't call cause usually when I get off work, places like that are closed. I don't know what time he closes or anything. Given, I should have atleast tried, but I didn't.

As for him buying the Altezzas. I'm not sure what brand they are. I wasn't even there were different brands. I knew of the different styles (CF look, Chrome, etc), but not different brands?

Working in customer service, people do expect a lot when they go through a business. Specially if there is an error or something, they want it fixed as soon as possible. now given, I don't expect the items shipped Next Day early AM, but I would atleast figure something cheap & fast like UPS/FedEx Ground Service or something. Like I mentioned, I just don't like the idea that with all the delays, I was never mailed about the order.

*sighs* I think I dug myself a hole too deep :-(
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:17 PM
Well, you need to remember, as far as pricing goes, that yes, there are different brands, and different qualities. Putting that aside, Jason runs a very small business, not even close to what some other companies like ProCarParts, Jegs, Summit, etc, even some of the Ebay companies (the one's you see selling 100 sets of Altezza's). This means that Jason needs to pay a little more to get the product. Just because one company can get it for $X, doesn't mean that every company has access to that pricing. Its called volume discounts. Jason doesn't move the amount of product necessary to qualify for a lot of those volume discounts.

As far as shipping goes, he could send everything FedEx or UPS, but either the shipping price will go up, or the price of the product goes up to compensate. Profit margins are VERY thin for companies of Jason's size.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:18 PM
Do you think you misunderstood the phrase "fast shipping"?

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:25 PM
I think the initial problem was that I did misunderstood the shipping part. Other shipping optiosn should have been atleast been offered or something -_-
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:43 PM
dude, you are aware that around christmas time, the USPS is EXTREMELY busy with all the packages and mail they have to deliver. the volume is overwhelming. they still try to do as much as they can to get your stuff to you on time. i know for a fact that some people sent stuff via priority mail (2-3 days) and it didn't get there for over a week. late december is a horrible time to expect anything to arrive quickly. it's not Jason's fault, it's not the USPS's fault, it's just a matter of circumstances.

next, you're saying that Jason should have contacted you to tell you there was going to be a delay. im not saying that he shouldn't have. Jason gets a lot of e-mail all the time. it's hard to go through that much volume of e-mails each day and still have time to do other business. e-mails aren't the end all of communication. if you aren't getting replies to your e-mails, call him. you're much more likely to get a response from him that way.

in the mean time, work things out with him and don't post here jumping to conclusions without complete information.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search