Searching issue - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Searching issue
Monday, January 09, 2006 4:56 PM
How come I can't search "All Forums" with "Archive" set as the date? It comes back with no matches. But if I choose "this Forum" instead.. depending on the search parameters of course.. it works.

How odd.

Re: Searching issue
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:27 AM
It just doesn't work for "all forums" period in my experience.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Omaha Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:11 AM
Ya i have this problem too, and being a noob I dont want to get flamed cuz i cant find anything using search...
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:28 AM
Have you ever seen the archive? How do you know it exists? Faith? Stories of your Ancestors? What is 'real'? If by 'real' you merely mean bio-electrical impulses in your brain, then 'real' is really no further away than your own mind, to be form, shifted and manipulated as one wishes and is able.

There is no spoon.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:35 AM
^ What he said, I think?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:29 AM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:Have you ever seen the archive? How do you know it exists? Faith? Stories of your Ancestors? What is 'real'? If by 'real' you merely mean bio-electrical impulses in your brain, then 'real' is really no further away than your own mind, to be form, shifted and manipulated as one wishes and is able.

There is no spoon.

. Speechless, just speechless.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:40 AM
Matrix, lol.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:01 PM
No... I can search just fine "All forums" and "All Dates" or any other date range... EXCEPT for Archive.... as soon as I switch to Archived posts, I have to search a single forum... otherwise I get nothing.

Here's some examples...

Search 1 <- Clicky! This is a search of all forums, archive, for the string "TRD". Strange, no posts at all.

But...

Search 2 <- Clicky! This is a search of JUST the General forum, archive, for "TRD". Look at all the posts!

What is wrong with the archive search?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:47 PM
Its fixed. Its super super super slow though.

I'm starting on a complete forum redesign that should make it much faster though. It won't be done for a long time though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search