Buyers Beware. Big time scammer - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Buyers Beware. Big time scammer
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:53 PM
I was contacted by a guy interested in buying a car from me for $500. 3 weeks went by without a word from him and then I received money orders in the mail for the amount of $2800. By that time I had already gotten rid of the car so I contacted him to send the money back. He requested that I get the money orders cash and send it ASAP to him through Western Union. Today I was approached by the head of my bank and was told that the money orders were fraudalent and luckily I hadn't sent the money back to him yet. The authorities with my bank are looking into the matter and I was informed that his email will shut down, however, I thought I'd get his name out there anyway -- even if it's not his true name and his email will be deleted, just know that he's out there. And do not cash any money orders from someone you do not know. If you do cash the money orders, make sure you wait until they clear with your bank before sending out any items. Here's the name and email he used for me:

jones rowland <jonesrowland_2005@yahoo.com>

I am who I am, nothing more nothing less, deal with me the way I am or don't have anything to do with me at all.

Re: Buyers Beware. Big time scammer
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:02 PM
thats a common scam. you should have just ripped the MO's up right when you got them.

read the warning on top of the classifieds. it explains it all

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Re: Buyers Beware. Big time scammer
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:25 PM
Happens all the time, nothing will happen to him since he is out of country.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search