DO NOT Buy From..... - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
DO NOT Buy From.....
Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:18 PM
http://www.j-body.org/members/bluecaviz24/

He currently has an ad in the interior classifieds for 2 Sparco seats, all black, for 500 bux with FREE shipping....

I contacted him, and then continued to ask for a phone number and all the information he could tell me regarding that he was a reputable person...I also asked if he had paypal to try and protect myself...heres what he sent me back...

I dont have paypal-
Dont see why i would waste my goodname over a pair of seat's-
Sorry i do not give out my phone number online
Anyway goodluck with your search

Also notice his profile, he joined in August of 2004, has no listed cars, and his birthday is in 1911.

Do NOT buy from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I researched before sending my money.

Re: DO NOT Buy From.....
Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:19 PM
Also, heres the link to his classified ad...

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/interior/37938/

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:28 PM
Ask him to write something on a piece of paper, sit in the seat, hold up the paper, and take a pic.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:31 PM
whoa...lets not give the guy a bad name before we are sure of anything. You have no clue if he is a bad seller or not. I know alot of people on here who do not have a profile listed. I know it may seem sketchy and it very well may be, but he has dont nothing wrong as of now .

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:32 PM
ScreamSayonara wrote:Ask him to write something on a piece of paper, sit in the seat, hold up the paper, and take a pic.

Sounds like a kidnapping

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:54 PM
Wow...
Cause i do not have paypal and do not want to give out my phone number online.
Ive been on this site for a long time.And you try to give me a bad name.
You will be contacted by the admin of this site.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:56 PM
Blue Z24 wrote:Wow...

Look at your profile... Theres another example...No forum posts or anything..Then all the sudden you have a great deal on some Sparco seats?

Just all seems VERY fishy to me...you alledgedly just told me the seats were sold, is that from a JBO Member?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:03 PM
Look youve been on this site for 10 day's
And your not looking to good.
Mabey i do not follow up on this site everyday due to i have a life,and have a family i need to take car of,which is none of your business.
I will not waste my time with this thread anymore,and you should be contacted soon but the admin.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:04 PM
Look youve been on this site for 10 day's
And your not looking to good.
Mabey i do not follow up on this site everyday due to i have a life,and have a family i need to take car of,which is none of your business.
I will not waste my time with this thread anymore,and you should be contacted by the admin in a bit..
Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:08 PM
Jay's been on this site for over 4 years...and I can personally vouch for his trustworthiness...

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:08 PM
Blue Z24 wrote:Wow...

Sounds like an ass anyway, I wouldn't even buy an aluminium foil hat from him.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:09 PM
Last Update: Thursday, January 19, 2006

10 days huh?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:11 PM
BTW, this isn't the first post on this member...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=337577&t=337575

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:17 PM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:Jay's been on this site for over 4 years...and I can personally vouch for his trustworthiness...

Thank you sir.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:17 PM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:BTW, this isn't the first post on this member...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=337577&t=337575

There we go...some proof...

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:46 PM

Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:39 PM
of course he's a scammer. just read what he wrote. he's been here how long and he's telling you you will be contacted by the admin of this site. anyone that's been around here that long doesn't call DAVE the admin of this site. they call him DAVE.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:40 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here... I wouldn't just give my number out to someone online that asked for it. Now if there was some other way of proving something without giving out personal details than yeah I'd be all for it. But giving information to someone that saw an ad on the internet just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Keep in mind I'm not taking any sides here.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:52 PM
Ty W wrote:Just to play devil's advocate here... I wouldn't just give my number out to someone online that asked for it. Now if there was some other way of proving something without giving out personal details than yeah I'd be all for it. But giving information to someone that saw an ad on the internet just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Keep in mind I'm not taking any sides here.
If all that is true, then selling his parts doesn't sound like a good idea either. Jay wasn't necessarily saying he didn't trust HIM. jay was saying he's smart enough to not trust ANYONE on the internet that he doesn't know personally.

Having a Paypal account is a cost of doing business on the internet these days. if you don't like it, sell your parts in your local Pennysaver, face-to-face for cash. Buyers are 110% entitled to take whatever steps necessary to protect their money, and I would think the same as Jay. Anyone that comes across like that when I ask serious questions to protect myself is trying to scam me.

Blue Z24, sorry dude...you brought this on yourself. Refusing Paypal is the first mark of a scammer these days. Not wanting to verify any other information is second. Coming here and name calling rather than trying to actually RESOLVE the situation is strike 3.

But let's try the last suggestion. Write "These are the seats for Jay" on a piece of paper, sit in one of the seats with the other sitting next to you and send us a pic of that. That will be a step in the right direction. If that's too much work, then just go away...try to run a scam on eBay or something.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:50 PM
JimmyZ wrote:jay was saying he's smart enough to not trust ANYONE on the internet that he doesn't know personally.

Fair enough, yet the distrust could be justified for both parties involved. Although granted, if you're going to try selling something on the internet you should be ready for those questions and willing to comply with the request.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:55 PM
if i buy anything from anyone on the org, it has to be face to face. i just simply dont trust people anymore

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:48 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]if i buy anything from anyone on the org, it has to be face to face. i just simply dont trust people anymore

Hell Yeah !! Sorry but I've seen tooo many people get ripped around here to trust someone I've never met other then on line. I don't mind trusting those who I've met because well I've met them. But I'm not sending any of my money anywhere that I don't know where its going. Sorry.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:53 PM
One thing tough, You CAN'T claim that BlueZ24 is trying to rip people off UNTILL YOU GET RIP OFF BY HIM. Saying that "X member" is pulling a scam by what YOU THINK is not a valid point in court or anywhere else.

Granted you may not trust him but it doesn't give you the right to go on a public place and scream that he's steeling.

Untill you can PROOVE that he is a bad seller(with proof of YOUR transaction), you cannot say that he's bad. Assuming is not good enough to call him on the board.

I can understand that you want info but that's private and he got the right to refuse and it should be kept in private, not on the board. I have Paypal and I wouldn't use it. If people want to buy stuff from me, they can send a money order no problem. Nowhere does it say that you need Paypal to sell stuff.

If you buy stuff from him and don't get what you pay for, come back and show the proof.

He's not a company, he doesn't have to give all his info to someone that he doesn't know.

I know I'll get flame for that but if you can't understand that calling BlueZ24 on the board without proof is bad, then you need to stop buying from the net. IMO, if you can't understand what I said, you're just plain stupid.

Btw, you don't need to be 60years old and be on a board for 10 years to seel stuff at a good price.

There's two side to a story and you came here talking s*** about a member without proof. You just when by what you tough. It ain't gonna work in court if you don't have proof so why would it work here? You've called BlueZ24 a bad seller without proof so this thread is useless. Being here since 02, you should have known that you CAN'T come here and called somebody without proof.

He may sound fishy but if you don't like him, move on. You just don't have the rights to destroy sombody's reputation without proof.

See it from the other way, the seller's way and maybe you'll understand.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:57 PM
^ Did you read the post that Pork Chop Sandwiches posted?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:09 PM
MikeGT wrote:

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search