Everyone READ - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Everyone READ
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:36 PM
Mods if this needs to be moved or deleted please do so. I am not trying to start anything on the boards.

As time passes and we get more people on this forum i see it heading down hill. I see so many posts flameing people and more importantly saying dont do it yourself take it somewhere. These boards are supposed to be for helping out the fellow car enthusiest. So lets get back to that. I have been a member of this org since 02(Old Name was jasiegel) and its slowly going down. So im just asking for everyone to get back to helping each other out and keeping all posts on topic.

Again lets keep this post on topic and not turn this into a flame war or anything. I would like to keep this thread open so please dont post anything stuipd. Also this is just my opinion and EVERYONE is entitled to there own opinion.

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Everyone READ
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:40 PM
You Said It.....Amen!

<---<<<Check Out The Ride!
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:45 PM
Yeah and we need an edit button cuz i spelt my name wrong

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:26 PM
Quote:

You Said It.....Amen!

agreed
X1000000000000000000000000

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:39 PM
i agree. but with 30,000+ members their will always be difference in opinion...and some people arent nice about it at all and arent open minded....and thats how all the @!#$ gets started....i cant think of a solution. we will probably just have to deal with it.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:34 PM
you know the org really isnt that bad compared to other websites. were just more passionate.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:52 PM
I just ignore the bad stuff. Most people on here are pretty cool.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:21 PM
Dude, it's been the same since there was 1000 people and 1 dumbass.

The years go by... JBO stays the same. you just learn to ignore the problems.

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:06 AM
Quote:

JBO stays the same. you just learn to ignore the problems.

I agree

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:07 AM
Jeremy, I agree with you.

I myself am a positive person and I try to keep 100% positive and helpful when it comes to posts. Even the most rediculously newbish posts, I answer them and talk to them like I would want someone to talk to me if I had a question I didn't know the answer to.

People forget that a big part of forum boards are to Learn and make friends with people you share one unique quality with. It's hard to learn when you have people making fun of you cause you don't know something and you have a serious question. How would you like it if you were in school...you raise your hand and ask the teacher a question and the teacher laughs at you and calls you a "fag" cause you don't know something they do? Wouldn't make you feel good at all.

I've learned so much from people who stay positive and keep it real so I try and do the same back, that is why alot of people know me as "The King Of Newbies" cause I'm willing to take my time and answer a question that someone is asking me and if I happen to not know the answer, I point them in the right direction with a link or a person who would know the answer.

Overall, this place isn't that bad it's just that the negative posts and comments stick out more than the positive do for some odd reason.

Now as far as telling someone to take it to a professional, that could actually be the best advice you could give someone. If they have a maintenance question about a certain noise and what they should do, I wouldn't suggest telling someone who has no type of mechanical background to tear open their motor to replace something they have no experience replacing. Alot of times people feel that they have to work on their own car on every modification to feel cool or whatever but sometimes that will just end up messing things up even more and end up with more problems that you will eventually take to a professional to fix.

Lenko wrote:The years go by... JBO stays the same. you just learn to ignore the problems.

That's basically it. You either ignore it or respond to what someone says maturely.

Brian Anderson wrote:i agree. but with 30,000+ members their will always be difference in opinion...and some people arent nice about it at all and arent open minded....and thats how all the @!#$ gets started....i cant think of a solution. we will probably just have to deal with it.

Yup. With 30,000+ people, you're gonna have your occasional a**hole, d**khead, racist, shovanistic bastard, sexist and plain old moronic members....but JBO forum reflects life itself, you won't meet 100% nice people everywhere you go and that includes here.

Jeremy, just keep your head up and keep positive. People like yourself who care will ultimately overcome and keep these forums running strong.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:16 AM
Quote:

Now as far as telling someone to take it to a professional, that could actually be the best advice you could give someone. If they have a maintenance question about a certain noise and what they should do, I wouldn't suggest telling someone who has no type of mechanical background to tear open their motor to replace something they have no experience replacing. Alot of times people feel that they have to work on their own car on every modification to feel cool or whatever but sometimes that will just end up messing things up even more and end up with more problems that you will eventually take to a professional to fix.

Yeah adam i completely agree with you there. My question was just if a acrylic paint would hold up to brake dust. Not if i should tear my motor apart "IF i didnt have the experience".

Jeremy

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:24 AM
dude @!#$ happens i am on a local forum of 500 and all they do is cut up people up. i joined in 2002 and left for a year because i got tied of the @!#$ that was on this site there is alot of good people here and some that are attention whores you just ignore the attention whores and move on

hahah i been since 2002 and i am now finally fitting in just ignore the crap and move on

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:47 AM
Siegel1719 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah adam i completely agree with you there. My question was just if a acrylic paint would hold up to brake dust. Not if i should tear my motor apart "IF i didnt have the experience".

Jeremy

I gotcha

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, February 20, 2006 1:02 AM
Yeah i will admit this board is really good compaired to most local forums but we just gotta keep it that way.

Jeremy

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:33 AM
theres only a few forums i go to but to me it seems like everyone is just getting cheaper and cheaper and not willing to take advice. the purpose of this site is to have other inform people about anything wheather it be good or bad but it seems like no one wants to take anyones advice. its just getting to the point where i start to ignore 1/2 of the post i read because i know my advice will be ignored.

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:37 AM
How often does this come up.

JBO needs a Frequently Rant Section.

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:11 AM
NfamousZ24 wrote:How often does this come up.

JBO needs a Frequently Rant Section.

or we could just start selling jbo tampons in the store next to the jbo stickers

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:20 AM
or a JBO "Clean the sand out of the vag" DIY kit.

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:59 AM
This does come up every few months. I think that more moderating would cure it, more bans/warnings for jacking & other obvious things that the mods just let go constantly. Also, less playing favorites with mods, it seems some people get harassed while others can continue to do what they please with no penalty. I'm a minority though, I'm sure it would just make people cry that it would seem too strict if it were run my way.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:08 AM
Yeah i think maybe the mods could impliment a Flameing/Dumb A#@ Clause. If a post falls into one of those two it should be deleated. But then agian i guess that wouldnt really work with a site this size.

Jeremy

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:14 AM
wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:53 AM
Actually it's better now than it was around 98,99......not that this is saying much. There were some real morons here then.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:02 AM
i bet 10 bucks this post will turn into people bitching

but jeremy, i 128.37% agree with you.

Portage, MI
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:12 AM
NO there will be no bitching in this post. Please Mods if there is any bitching delete that post not the whole tread if possible. This is for a discussion of this site not for anyone to bitch.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:35 AM
baggedcav98 wrote:theres only a few forums i go to but to me it seems like everyone is just getting cheaper and cheaper and not willing to take advice. the purpose of this site is to have other inform people about anything wheather it be good or bad but it seems like no one wants to take anyones advice. its just getting to the point where i start to ignore 1/2 of the post i read because i know my advice will be ignored.

see...i agree. either people get cheaper and cheaper, or they move on to bigger and better things. the ones who whine about price really aren't interested in doing quality work - they just want to try and emulate an image they see on TV, in the movies, or on the street. they have no idea what they're getting into, and fight to make it as cheap as possible, while getting everything done NOW. they don't want to do research themselves, and expect everyone else to spoon-feed them answers.

sorry, but those people need to either change their attitude about it, or go back to Pep Boys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search